1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 04:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I can't really be bothered to give a flying rat's ass what anyone else believes about my right to do anything.

Again with the twisting. You asked about my belief that it is Jesus speaking in it. And now you conflate that with the idea that it is divinely inspired. The entire Bible is divinely inspired. What does this have to do with what anyone else ...[text shortened]... to do so?" Incredibly weak, man, as well as nonsensical. Non-sequitur. "It does not follow."
    Why should anyone else share your belief that Revelation is divinely inspired when the only reason you have offered is that the person who wrote it claimed that what he'd written was divinely inspired? Surely your testimony about the content of Revelation is based on something more than just this kind of circular logic?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 04:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely the "charge" being made here is yours?

"...the ability to lie, whether knowingly or unconsciously, and to get away with it; and the ability to use lies and choose and shape facts selectively, blocking out those that don’t fit an agenda or program."

Does this apply only to people you disagree with or does it apply to people who have similar beliefs to you as well?
    Ahhhh, the core of the matter, finally. Do you think I've insulted you? Why would you think that? Do you see yourself in this quote? Sounds like a personal problem. I'm not your psychoanalyst.

I mean, it could be that everyone has just nothing better to do than sit around and talk about you all day, but as much as you might like that, it's probably not the case.

Now, if you don't mind too terribly much, I have things to do.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 04:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why should anyone else share your belief that Revelation is divinely inspired when the only reason you have offered is that the person who wrote it claimed that what he'd written was divinely inspired? Surely your testimony about the content of Revelation is based on something more than just this kind of circular logic?
    Surely. First thing you've said so far that is correct.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 04:16
    Surely. First thing you've said so far that is correct.
    How can the message of God's revelation that you spread be so reliant on circular logic? Why would your God figure give you such a poor hand to play in your efforts to persuade others that He has revealed Himself to you?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 04:19
    Ahhhh, the core of the matter, finally. Do you think I've insulted you? Why would you think that? Do you see yourself in this quote? Sounds like a personal problem. I'm not your psychoanalyst.
    I am not offended by what you've said in the slightest. I am asking you point blank ~ about the "charge" you have made ~ does it apply only to people with different beliefs from you or does it also apply to some people who have more or less the same beliefs as you?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 04:20
    I mean, it could be that everyone has just nothing better to do than sit around and talk about you all day, but as much as you might like that, it's probably not the case.
    But nobody is asking you to talk about me. You are being asked about something you have posted.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 05:02
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It was a vision of what would happen in the future...from the perspective of people living in the first century CE.

From our perspective two thousand years later, it happened in the past.
    What happened in the past?
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 05:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What happened in the past?
    The fulfillment of the Revelations prophecy.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 06:02
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The fulfillment of the Revelations prophecy.
    I am sure it is still to come. 😏
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 17:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    How can the message of God's revelation that you spread be so reliant on circular logic? Why would your God figure give you such a poor hand to play in your efforts to persuade others that He has revealed Himself to you?
    It isn't. "Circular logic" has nothing to do with it. That's your argument.

He didn't. I don't have any "efforts to persuade others", at least not here. That's your shtick.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 17:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    But nobody is asking you to talk about me. You are being asked about something you have posted.
    C'mon. The only reason you care about it at all is that you think I'm talking about you.

Oh, yeah, and your desire to assault me at every opportunity, in order to "make an example" of those who would dare to speak against you. And no, it doesn't have to make sense. It's your motivation, not mine.

Grow up. This isn't a school playground.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 12:50
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Well, I guess that's one way to keep from talking to yourself...
    You got a point there. 😏
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 05:58
    Soon, governments won't have to declare martial law, they'll be able to monitor us and control us no matter where we are.
    American paranoia at its finest!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 06:541 edit
    C'mon. The only reason you care about it at all is that you think I'm talking about you.

Oh, yeah, and your desire to assault me at every opportunity, in order to "make an example" of those who would dare to speak against you. And no, it doesn't have to make sense. It's your motivation, not mine.

Grow up. This isn't a school playground.
    This is just Clans Forum stuff, Suzianne.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 06:571 edit
    It isn't. "Circular logic" has nothing to do with it. That's your argument.
    Oh but it is circular logic, Suzianne. The assertion that Revelation is divinely inspired because the person who wrote it claimed it was divinely inspired, therefore his claim ~ which is to be found in the divinely inspired Revelation ~ is itself divinely inspired... this is circular logic 101. Unless you have some other definition of circular logic...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree