1. Germany
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 19:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In terms of "building something to rise up to god", what is the difference between going into orbit, going to the moon and going to Mars?
    I guess the difference is that we've already been into orbit and on the Moon (and robots don't count or something). If we do go to Mars and the Rapture doesn't come, then it will surely come after we go outside the Solar System.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 19:35
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I guess the difference is that we've already been into orbit and on the Moon (and robots don't count or something). If we do go to Mars and the Rapture doesn't come, then it will surely come after we go outside the Solar System.
    But... How far outside 😉
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 19:36
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    People finally getting the opportunity to go to Mars. In about 20-30 years we could truly have the first alien ever be born on another planet and come to Earth. In my personal opinion I think the end times would happen first.
    Actually I neglected to say this.

You just stated that according to your religion the world will end before we settle humans on Mars...

So if we settle people on Mars and the world doesn't end...

Did we just disprove your religion?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 20:37
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Actually I neglected to say this.

You just stated that according to your religion the world will end before we settle humans on Mars...

So if we settle people on Mars and the world doesn't end...

Did we just disprove your religion?
    I knew I'd get that answer because I have obviously have an answer before By you people. But since I don't have a religion but have a faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ so no it won't change that.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 20:51
    I knew I'd get that answer because I have obviously have an answer before By you people. But since I don't have a religion but have a faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ so no it won't change that.
    No, you follow a religion by all proper definitions of the word, so lets not
    have that nonsense.

Anyhow, it's irrelevant to the point.

If you make a testable prediction and say "if my religion [my faith] is true then
    this will happen" then you have made a falsifiable claim that can [and probably
    will be] tested. And if that prediction does not come true then if your reasoning
    was sound you religion has been shown to be false.

This is the main reason religions and religious people don't make falsifiable claims
    very often because people will go out and test them.

IF it is true that humans settling on Mars not setting off an apocalypse will not
    cause you to question your 'faith' [religion] then that isn't something that your
    religion actually predicts. And you don't actually truly believe it.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 20:51
    I think I brought up one issue a year or so ago...

Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians has the dead rising up to the clouds after the trumpet blows. Would colonists' bodies buried on Mars go to Martian clouds after the trumpet sounds on that planet, or would they be carried through the vacuum of space from Mars to Earth's atmosphere by the Lord to join with Earth's corpses there?
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 21:21
    No, you follow a religion by all proper definitions of the word, so lets not
    have that nonsense.

Anyhow, it's irrelevant to the point.

If you make a testable prediction and say "if my religion [my faith] is true then
    this will happen" then you have made a falsifiable claim that can [and probably
    will be] tested. And if that prediction does no ...[text shortened]... isn't something that your
    religion actually predicts. And you don't actually truly believe it.
    Religion is doing stuff to try to earn your peace with God.

Faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ is not doing anything but his providence/sovereignty in saving you from His wrath before the foundations of the world.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 21:27

Faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ is not doing anything but his providence/sovereignty in saving you from His wrath before the foundations of the world.
    Neither of those definitions are true...

So, no.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 21:45
    Neither of those definitions are true...

So, no.
    If you want to live as a heathen go ahead it was written down before the foundations of the world that you would. Unless of course your name is written in the Lambs book of life which I pray it was. I hope someday you will repent and trusting Christ.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 21:47
    But also true of God's predestination that we would live on Mars and someone be born there and that person come back to earth they will be the first Martian/alien from another planet.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 03:42

Why do dumb asses think it smart to redefine words?
    Happens all the time on this forum.
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 03:53
    Well there obviously going to live on Mars first before the moon.
    And this is an abomination in the eyes of the lord...........................

...................how?
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 03:55
    Word salad.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 03:57
    I've got to say, this is probably the silliest thread on this forum for a while and there's quite a lot of competition...
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 04:01
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I think I brought up one issue a year or so ago...

Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians has the dead rising up to the clouds after the trumpet blows. Would colonists' bodies buried on Mars go to Martian clouds after the trumpet sounds on that planet, or would they be carried through the vacuum of space from Mars to Earth's atmosphere by the Lord to join with Earth's corpses there?
    And what about the cadavers of bygone astronauts floating in space? Trumpets don't blow well in hard vacuums.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree