1. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 15:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I hope that one of the four that gets to go knows how to play chess. They could do correspondence chess with someone on earth.
    So you have hopes about correspondence chess post apocalypse?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 16:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you have hopes about correspondence chess post apocalypse?
    Could you imagine the conspiracy of the 4 people going to Mars. On their way they destroy the Earth!
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 17:16
    I hope that one of the four that gets to go knows how to play chess. They could do correspondence chess with someone on earth.
    Well, there is already a country tag in PGN for "aboard spacecraft", but not yet for "on another planet". This needs to be rectified post-haste.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 22:53
    It does seem like there'd be time to kill.
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 15:55
    People finally getting the opportunity to go to Mars. In about 20-30 years we could truly have the first alien ever be born on another planet and come to Earth. In my personal opinion I think the end times would happen first.
    its about time your end of days kicked in
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 20:23
    People finally getting the opportunity to go to Mars. In about 20-30 years we could truly have the first alien ever be born on another planet and come to Earth. In my personal opinion I think the end times would happen first.
    What is the difference between going to Mars and the Moon in your estimation other than distance?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 20:24
    Maybe going to Mars will cause Martians to launch an attack ushering in the end of days. 😛
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 20:25
    As much as I hate to admit it, humanity has no where to go really.

Sure, they can visit places like the moon, but stay?

No.

The Earth is the only planet where humans are capable of living long term. All other known planets are dead planets.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 08:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    As much as I hate to admit it, humanity has no where to go really.

Sure, they can visit places like the moon, but stay?

No.

The Earth is the only planet where humans are capable of living long term. All other known planets are dead planets.
    There are various places hostile to life; hot deserts, polar regions, Liverpool. But mankind has overcome difficulties to live there.

Other planets will be no different.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 09:34
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    There are various places hostile to life; hot deserts, polar regions, Liverpool. But mankind has overcome difficulties to live there.

Other planets will be no different.
    Other life forms have also overcome the difficulties. If we took life to Mars, it would probably do quite well. If we guided it, it would do even better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree