1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 11:54
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    oh dont get me wrong, im not going to argue with you. you are too far down the rabbit hole. but im happy to help you along the path to having a balanced view, remember we are aiming to give you critical thinking skills.

dont feel pressured to watch or comment on the links and videos i put up. do it in your own time when you are ready to come out of your bubble.
    see the edited text, write it on piece of paper, deny it all you like, it wont change the FACTS.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 12:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    see the edited text, write it on piece of paper, deny it all you like, it wont change the FACTS.
    im not denying anything robbie, just giving you some research that indicates there is a biological factor. how many older brothers do you have robbie?

while we are trying to improve your critical thinking and research skills. its a bad idea to link to wikipedia, its not thought as a trusted source for information and should be used as a guide only. the references at the bottom of the page are the actual sites you should be looking at and linking.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 12:16
    im not denying anything robbie, just giving you some research that [b]indicates there is a biological factor. how many older brothers do you have robbie?

while we are trying to improve your critical thinking and research skills. its a bad idea to link to wikipedia, its not thought as a trusted source for information and should be used as a guide ...[text shortened]... references at the bottom of the page are the actual sites you should be looking at and linking.[/b]
    LOL, living in denial, how sad! hopefully you will come out of the closet and accept the fact that there is no conclusive or compelling empirical evidence showing any absolute biological, genetic, or hormonal causation for homosexuality.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 12:261 edit
    LOL, living in denial, how sad! hopefully you will come out of the closet and accept the fact that there is no conclusive or compelling empirical evidence showing any absolute biological, genetic, or hormonal causation for homosexuality.
    bit of advice - its not a good idea to use the words compelling and absolute when referring to causation.

another bit of advice - its probably best to read the evidence put forward as an alternative view and make sure you understand it before assembling a counter argument.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 12:341 edit
    bit of advice - its not a good idea to use the words compelling [b]and absolute when referring to causation.

another bit of advice - its probably best to read the evidence put forward as an alternative view and make sure you understand it before assembling a counter argument.[/b]
    thanks for the unsolicited advice, when you are ready to come out and accept the facts let us know.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 12:52
    thanks for the unsolicited advice, when you are ready to come out and accept the facts let us know.
    id be interested to read a list of the 'facts' in your own words.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 12:58
    id be interested to read a list of the 'facts' in your own words.
    I have already stated that there is no single empirically established and conclusive genetic causation for homosexual behaviour, how many time do you want me to repeat it. Why you cannot accept it is your affair, i am done arguing about it.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:121 edit
    I have already stated that there is no single empirically established and conclusive genetic causation for homosexual behaviour, how many time do you want me to repeat it. Why you cannot accept it is your affair, i am done arguing about it.
    There is however strong evidence for either genetic or hormonal causation or a combination of both, and no empirically established and conclusive evidence to the contrary. Why cant you accept this?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:131 edit
    cool, im not here to argue either. just to help.

i asked for you to compile a list. so we had a definitive post, representing all your 'facts'. so far you have re-worded your claims several times. this poses a thread reader a big problem. were you summing up in your last post and all your other claims stand or is the current post a revision of your opinions.

for example a couple of post previous you used the words biological, hormonal and compelling.

so if i read your last post and think 'yeah i could agree with that' im not sure if you would take that as me saying 'yeah i agree with everything he's said in the thread'.

the constant rewording could also imply you are not 100% sure what you think and are attempting to cover all the bases.

so again, im happy to read a final list of your understanding. i think we are making real progress here robbie. one step at a time.
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:29
    so Robbie, you say, "there is no conclusive evidence showing ANY absolute biological, genetic or hormonal evidence for homosexuality."

What about masturbation?

Do you think this 'physical aspect in action' causes homosexuality, as the Watchtower report confirmed in the OP?

-m.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:36
    cool, im not here to argue either. just to help.

i asked for you to compile a list. so we had a definitive post, representing all your 'facts'. so far you have re-worded your claims several times. this poses a thread reader a big problem. were you summing up in your last post and all your other claims stand or is the current post a revision of your o ...[text shortened]... your understanding. i think we are making real progress here robbie. one step at a time.
    there is only one fact that i need to repeat, no empirical proof of genetic causation, i will not repeat it again.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:371 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    so Robbie, you say, "there is no conclusive evidence showing ANY absolute biological, genetic or hormonal evidence for homosexuality."

What about masturbation?

Do you think this 'physical aspect in action' causes homosexuality, as the Watchtower report confirmed in the OP?

-m.
    meaningless, the watchtower claimed nothing of the sort, what it actually stated was that if you fantasise through masturbation you may find that it leads to a homosexual act. Naturally this would only occur if you fantasises about persons of the same sex anyway. Learn to read.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:51
    there is only one fact that i need to repeat, no empirical proof of genetic causation, i will not repeat it again.
    again, im just trying to help you be clear. it will help eliminate circular arguments and misunderstandings. you have re-written your opinion again. are we to take this as all you mean? are are we to assume you are paraphrasing yourself and all your previous claims also stand?
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 14:02
    meaningless, the watchtower claimed nothing of the sort, what it actually stated was that if you fantasise through masturbation you may find that it leads to a homosexual act. Naturally this would only occur if you fantasises about persons of the same sex anyway. Learn to read.
    just a little help for you here robbie, you may want to edit your post.

the quote in the op did not mention 'fantasise' once. so you may want to re-think how you word this. this is the quote -

Weakly giving in to sexual desires by masturbation will certainly not give you strength when faced with a situation tempting you to commit fornication—or even homosexuality. Just the opposite, it cultivates wrong thinking and wrong desire. In fact, masturbation can lead into homosexuality. In such instances the person, not satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play.

see, not one mention of implication of fantasy. remember accuracy of facts and quotes, saves you in the long run and puts you in a strong position to show your understanding. guessing leaves space for us to add our own spin, which leads us to reporting things 'what we want them to say' rather than 'what they actually say.

keep trying, we'll get there in the end.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 14:13
    again, im just trying to help you be clear. it will help eliminate circular arguments and misunderstandings. you have re-written your opinion again. are we to take this as [b]all you mean? are are we to assume you are paraphrasing yourself and all your previous claims also stand?[/b]
    thanks the matter is perfectly clear in my mind, i dont want nor need your help. Condescension is never becoming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree