Matthew 18 the evil servant

Matthew 18 the evil servant

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
You are blind. I said if a person accepts Christ as Lord or believes so but does not forgive is that person going to be saved?

Yes or no
The obvious answer is Yes.

I know you have a very short attention span.
So for now I leave it RIGHT HERE - YES.

That person who has believed in Christ will be eternally redeemed - saved.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
Sonship is a OSAS guru, twisting the Bible to show that a man can continue with sin and still enter the Kingdom of God.
We could be here for 20 years and you would STILL have only one subject to talk about on every thread.

No, make that 60 years.
Actually, possibly till the end of your life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18
6 edits

Elader, I answered your unheeded post - YES.

Are you going to correct me ?

" ... if a person accepts Christ as Lord or believes so but does not forgive is that person going to be saved? "

Yes,
Yes,
Yes.

But eventually he WILL be conformed to the image of Christ in that area of his life too.

"Because whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers.

And those whom He predestinated, these He also called, and those whom He called, there He also justified, and those whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Rom. 8: 28,30)

Notice that the Apostle Paul writes here in the PAST TENSE. It is his view from above, his view from heaven. It is as if is ALREADY accomplished - PAST TENSE.

"foreKNEW"

"predestnatED"

"callED"

"justifiED"

"glorifiED"

E

Moves
07 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonship
The obvious answer is Yes.

I know you have a very short attention span.
So for now I leave it RIGHT HERE - [b]YES

That person who has believed in Christ will be eternally redeemed - saved.[/b]
So you believe people can have their sins forgiven if they refuse to forgive.

Odd belief of yours.

Lords prayer even says different. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18
3 edits

Odd belief of yours.

Lords prayer even says different. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Those whom He --- THESE HE ----

Fore-KNEW
Predestinat - ED
Call-ED
Justif-ED
Glorifi - ED.

CONFORM-ED to the image of His Son.

That means every Christian will sooner or latter be like Jesus Christ. The teaching of the disciplined unforgiving servant means essentially -

"Why not sooner rather than latter?"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18
4 edits

Elader,

Tell me. Is Jesus ABLE to save us "to the UTTERMOST" or not ?

" But He because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable.

Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:24,25)

Jesus - the perpetual eternal High Priest:

Does unforgiveness in a Christian's heart render Him UNABLE to save that Christian eventually ?

I say, that unforgiving Christian can cause Him a little trouble but cannot thwart His mighty priesthood.

He lives ALWAYS ... to intercede for them. He is ABLE to save us to the uttermost finally conforming us to His own image.

E

Moves
07 Jun 18

Odd belief of yours.

Those whom He --- THESE HE ----

Fore-[b]KNEW

Predestinat - ED
Call-ED
Justif-ED
...[text shortened]... iplined unforgiving servant means essentially -

"Why not sooner rather than latter?" [/b]
Wait now, you said if you believe Jesus is lord and that you are saved that you are saved.

Quit saying one thing then another. Either I know I am saved because I believe I am or I am not.

You don't know what you believe. You are two faced.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18
2 edits

Wait now, you said if you believe Jesus is lord and that you are saved that you are saved.

Not sure what this sentence means.

But the word "saved" has a past tense sense sometimes and a ongoing present tense.

This is logical.
Past Tense -
" By grace you have been SAVED ..." (Eph. 2:8)

Wonderful, I have been SAVED.

But you know I still have a problem with my temper and occasionally holding on to being offended and not forgiving.
In this case I am "BEING SAVED" through cooperation with the process of sanctification.

"For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are BEING SAVED it is the power of God ... " (1 Cor. 1:18)

And again -

" For we are a fragrance of Christ to God to those who are BEING SAVED ..." (2 Cor. 2:15)

SAVED as to past tense by being regenerated.
BEING SAVED ongoingly through sanctification, transformation.

I am saved into eternal redemption.
Concerning being sanctification in the church age, I am in the process of BEING SAVED.

And I need to cooperate.
I can postpone this kind of BEING SAVED only so long.
Christ is wise and has His way to save us in this regard "to the uttermost".

We just may have to attend "Summer School" to learn some remedial lessons.

Quit saying one thing then another. Either I know I am saved because I believe I am or I am not.

If I write it out all in one post, your short attention span will not read it or digest it. So I am forced to give it to you in short posts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18

You don't know what you believe. You are two faced.

Now, I'm not happy to hear that.

Tell me you can comprehend this verse properly.

"For if we being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be SAVED in His life, having been reconciled." (Rom. 5:10)

If concerning the PAST the Christian has been RECONCILED then he is saved from eternal punishment. He is saved from the wrath of God (v.9).

But as to his personality, his living, his thought life, his expression, his temper, etc. etc. He must cooperate to look forward to BEING SAVED in the realm of Christ's indwelling life.

SAVED by His death on the cross.
Much more to be SAVED in the realm of His indwelling life - His Holy Spirit.

The unforgiving servant of Christ procrastinated on the latter "BEING SAVED IN HIS LIFE" .

Such postponing is temporary.
In the kingdom age he will cooperate. But in that dispensation it will have a different flavor.

" ... Evil slave, all that debt I FORGAVE you, because you begged me.

Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave even as I had mercy on you?

And his master became angry and delivered him to the torturers UNTIL ... he would repay all that was owed.

So also will My heavenly Father do to you if each of you does not forgive his brother from his heart." (Matt. 18:32b - 35)

The unforgiving servant has been RECONCILED to God through the death of Christ. He has postponed and procrastinated sanctification - being SAVED much more in Christ's life during the church age.

In the kingdom age, under a different kind of flavor, he WILL cooperate UNTIL he learns his lesson. He does not lose his eternal salvation.

In FACT the word says that Jesus had already forgiven him. A forgiven person can be taught a lesson. Right ?

" ... all tha debt I FORGAVE YOU, ... " (v.32)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jun 18

We could be here for 20 years and you would STILL have only one subject to talk about on every thread.

No, make that 60 years.
Actually, possibly till the end of your life.
Jesus had only one topic as well.
How to get into the Kingdom of God.
One critical topic... and its all about good works and righteousness

Jacka$$es and blabbermouths like you think you know everything.

In case you failed to see it, people are not listening to you anymore.
It took them a while ... they are seeing the light of who you really are.

E

Moves
07 Jun 18

Not sure what this sentence means.

But the word [b]"saved"
has a past tense sense sometimes and a ongoing present tense.

This is logical.
Past Tense -
" By grace you have been SAVED ..." (Eph. 2:8)

Wonder ...[text shortened]... t attention span will not read it or digest it. So I am forced to give it to you in short posts.[/b]
As in Onced Saved Always Saved Mr. OSAS

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18
2 edits

As in Onced Saved Always Saved Mr. OSAS
Man is a three part being - spirit - soul - body (1 Thess. 5:23).

The human spirit is saved by regeneration.
The human soul is saved by transformation.
That is BEING SAVED throughout the Christians long life.

The human body will BE saved in transfiguration.

Because there are these three aspects of salvation, it is sometimes a bit confusing.

Romans 5:10 brings out the nuances very nicely.

As to the past - no longer enemies - RECONCILED to God already.

As to the on going process of transformation and sanctification - "much more we will be saved in His life having been reconciled."

It is true that Christians generally need "much more" of the "much more".

So temper, lust, anxiety, envy, strife, worldliness, etc. etc. from all these we need to redeem the time to let the Holy Spirit save us before Jesus comes back.

Don't be like the unforgiving slave in Matt. 18.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jun 18
2 edits

This is logical.
Past Tense -
[b] " By grace you have been SAVED ..." (Eph. 2:8)
You continue to promote your lies and false doctrines, twisting and manipulating the word of God.

Paul in Ephesians 4 and 5 continues to explain to these born again Christian Saints with the Holy Spirit, that if they failed to live righteously they would not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Like I said you are a failure on this forum as more and more people are seeing the truth about the teachings of Paul. In every book Paul says that saved does not mean eternal life. Jesus Christ has saved them from their sins, and this is by the grace of God. From that point onward the Christian has to live in accordance with the teachings and commandments of Christ.

You promote a doctrine contrary to Christ and contrary to Paul claiming that no good works neither righteous living is necessary.

Only a complete fool would believe and adopt such a doctrine.

E

Moves
07 Jun 18

Man is a three part being - spirit - soul - body (1 Thess. 5:23).

The human spirit is saved by regeneration.
The human soul is saved by transformation.
That is BEING SAVED throughout the Christians long life.

The human body will BE saved in transfiguration.

Because there are these three aspects of salvation, it is someti ...[text shortened]... irit save us before Jesus comes back.

Don't be like the unforgiving slave in Matt. 18.[/b]
You are either saved or you are not.

You believe a person gets to decide if he or she is saved based on what the person decides.

You believe Satan's gospel. God decides we do not decide.

You believe a person need not forgive to be forgiven. Once again you spread a Satanic lie.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 18
1 edit

Folks would being RECONCILED to God mean one is SAVED from eternally being an enemy of God?

I would say YES.

Would a RECONCILED person then come under eternal punishent?

No.

Now look at this verse again.

"For if we, being enemies, were RECONCILED to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having BEEN RECONCILED. (Rom. 5:10)

RECONCILED - SAVED from the wrath of God for being an enemy.

Much More SAVED in His life - transformed in Christ's life, conformed in Christ's life, sanctified in Christ's life ... HAVING BEEN .... reconciled.