1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 11:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I did go download this book, and I will attempt to read the actual words of what he has to say. I'm not liking what the forwards to this book say about "fear-based theology" and worse. I'm hoping this is not just a "feel-good" version of what is clear in Thessalonians and Matthew and Daniel and Revelation. I'm just not buying into his premise that fear is keeping us from Jesus. But I'll give him a fair reading to see what he has to say.
    Just interested in your thoughts.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 11:54
    Originally posted by sonship
    No thanks to you - constantly hounding believers that they haven't even started living with Christ yet.
    Thanks to you and your mouth worship doctrine, the doctrine that Christ preached will never reach those who you can influence .. I pity them. They would know nothing of the commandments of Christ.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 11:56
    No thanks to you - constantly hounding believers that they haven't even started living with Christ yet.
    If you are a believer and a DOER, you would not have to worry with what I say. If your conscience is bothering you, then you have a problem that you should address.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 11:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well I have read hundreds of interpretations and predictions of all kinds from all religions and interested parties, during the last 50 years. None .. not one single solitary one has come to pass when they said it will. What should be obvious is that it makes no difference, it is of no value, it is of no virtue to know when Jesus will return. The mistake the ...[text shortened]... rld is not doing that. They are doing everything in the Bible except getting 'ready for Christ'.
    Again, you preach to the choir, but then you cannot resist also swiping at Christians with your unfounded judgement of them.

Those who do try to "predict his return" are off-purpose. I'm not disputing that. What I dispute is your contention that Christians are more concerned with date-setting than making themselves ready. My contention is that one must understand the basics so that one may be able to perceive the season when it approaches. Jesus gave warning for a reason. It is to help us to endure to the end. Part of 'making ourselves ready' is external as well as internal. Being prepared for hard times will help us and the ones we love to 'endure to the end'. But this doesn't mean that you can just assume that we aren't making ourselves ready for Him internally as well.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 11:261 edit
    If you are a believer and a DOER, you would not have to worry with what I say. If your conscience is bothering you, then you have a problem that you should address.
    1.) I am a Let Jesus in me be the DOER - as the New Testament instructs me.

2.) I don't "worry" about the stuff you write.

3.) My conscience is fine.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 13:091 edit
    1.) I am a Let Jesus in me be the DOER - as the New Testament instructs me.

2.) I don't "worry" about the stuff you write.

3.) My conscience is fine.
    There is nothing in the Bible that says Let Jesus in me be the DOER ... unless you twist it to mean that.

The Bible however says this below many times ... actually many many times :

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 14:053 edits
    It is God who operates in us the Christians both the willing and the working.
    God .... Who operates in us ...

" ... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

For it is God who operates in you both the willing and the working for His good pleasure." (See Phil. 2:12b,13)

This is a harmonious co-operating with the life of God within the believer. God OPERATES. We the believers CO-OPERATE.

This is something like the power steering of a modern automobile. God operates in the Christian, empowering, enabling, suppying the grace. In a sober fear and trembling we realize the gift of grace is so effective in us and we co-work with Him in the outworking of salvation.

In the following two verses we see two phrases that actually equal - "no longer I ... but Christ" and "not I but the grace of God". Practically speaking this means that the living Jesus Christ is the grace of God enabling us to do what we alone could never do.

1. Not I but Christ -

" ... it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me ..." (Gal. 2:20)

2.) Not I but the grace of God

" ... I labored more than all of them, yet not I but the grace of God which is with me." (See 1 Cor. 15:10)

"No longer I ... but Christ" and "Not I but the grace of God which is with me." are equivalent expressions about the Christian life.

And this is the essence of what I mean by "I let Jesus be the DOER in me as the New Testament teaches."
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 15:08
    It is God who operates in us the Christians both the willing and the working.
    God .... Who operates in us ...

[b] " ... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

For it is God who operates in you both the willing and the working for His good pleasure." (See Phil. 2:12b,13)

This is a harmonious co-operating ...[text shortened]... s is the essence of what I mean by "I let Jesus be the DOER in me as the New Testament teaches."[/b]
    That is not the whole story .. as usual you pick out pieces of the Bible to make your claims. God is not interested in why people do what they do but only in WHAT THEY DO. God wants righteous living. You can claim that Jesus is in you or God is in you 24 hours a day .. that is of no value UNLESS you ACTUALLY DO GOOD AND LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY.

Here is the whole picture from John:

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (1 John 3:2-10 KJV)

God will judge. So feel free to make your claims.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 15:40
    That is not the whole story .. as usual you pick out pieces of the Bible to make your claims.

You're silly. Of course that passage is not the whole story !

You just looking for arguments to have?
    OF COURSE it is not the ... so-called "whole story".

God is not interested in why people do what they do but only in WHAT THEY DO.

No, He is interested in the source of things.

God wants righteous living.

That is Jesus Christ - period. That is Jesus Christ living in man.

You can claim that Jesus is in you or God is in you 24 hours a day

Excellent idea ! "I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR!"

.. that is of no value UNLESS you ACTUALLY DO GOOD AND LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY.

So we begin by proclaiming the truth. We start there. They overcame him "by the word of their testimony. "

Here is the whole picture from John:

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Great verse. And of course NOTHING I wrote above negated that in the least.

Great verse. Let's prayread that verse!

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Ah. You said it ! "IN HIM ...is no sin" So we have to concentrate on knowing that we are IN HIM and stand on that in faith.

Music to my ears - "In Him is no sin".

Speaking of music. Here is my brother's new ablum on scripture stories of the Old Testament put to song -

The Dance of Two Camps

https://soundcloud.com/chords-of-a-man/sets/the-dance-of-two-camps

Take a break and enjoy some spiritual songs.

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not:

Aha! Once again - music to my ears - 'Whosoever ABIDETH IN HIM ... sinneth not"

So we encourage the brothers and sisters to first learn to proclaim and stand upon the FACTS - We Christians ABIDE IN JESUS CHRIST.

He is the True Vine. And the first step in learning to abide in the living Jesus is SEE, to SEE, to SEE that we are the branches in Him and He is the true vine.

'Abide in Me and I in you."

Now I am enjoying brother Fritz's lovely and inspiring album.

Twenty four hours - Jesus Christ LIVES IN ME !! Not at all a bad idea.
    That's the spirit of the New Testament. In fact those are the LAST WORDS written by the Apostle Paul in the NT -

'The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)

"Timothy, whatever you do, wherever you go, whatever happens to you, though I be gone ahead before you, though the future is unknown, Timothy never EVER forget -

"The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you. "
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 15:42
    In an online post this morning on Facebook...
    https://www.facebook.com/Jonathan-Welton-155606377891031/

Jonathan Welton

Martin Luther King Jr. was gunned down in 1968. He had a dream and his dream had a literal, practical application to our current world. His dream was relevant.

Why has the church not been able to produce a new Martin Luther King Jr.?

I will offer a thought that you may have never considered. In 1970, a book about the end times was produced that sold 35 million copies and I believe has ruined a generation of the church.

By believing that everything was destined to get worse, we disengaged. We believed our only focus should be on Israel, and being prepared for the soon to come apocalypse. We stopped having a voice, we stopped being relevant, and we disengaged from our planet.

This is why our theology matters. This is why I will argue day and night over eschatology. Because we need to dream again. We need Martin Luther King Jr.'s again.

Our bad theology is ruining the world because good men do nothing.

I think the book is 'The Late Great Planet Earth', first published in 1970.
    Food for thought.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 16:02
    Originally posted by yoctobyte

[b]Jonathan Welton

Martin Luther King Jr. was gunned down in 1968. He had a dream and his dream had a literal, practical application to our current world. His dream was relevant.

Why has the church not been able to produce a new Martin Luth ...[text shortened]...
    Food for thought.[/b]
    You should not despair.
    King was more dreaming of the millennial kingdom.
    This is a valid vision and dream. But first to bring in that age the Lord must recover the Body of Christ in practicality. And for that He must recover the local church life. And He is.

You should learn about the Lord recovery.

http://www.lordsrecovery.org/
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 16:22
    You should not despair.
    King was more dreaming of the millennial kingdom.
    This is a valid vision and dream. But first to bring in that age the Lord must recover the Body of Christ in practicality. And for that He must recover the local church life. And He is.

You should learn about the Lord recovery.

http://www.lordsrecovery.org/
    There is no despair, just passing on a thought. Did you watch Jonathan's whole talk?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 16:23

[b]Jonathan Welton

Why has the church not been able to produce a new Martin Luth ...[text shortened]...
    Food for thought.[/b]
    Wrong. The world needs more followers of Jesus Christ.
    People [like yourself] just cannot resist the temptation to place men up on a pedestal.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 16:44
    There is no despair, just passing on a thought. Did you watch Jonathan's whole talk?
    I have not seen that entire two hour video yet.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 16:501 edit
    That is not the whole story .. as usual you pick out pieces of the Bible to make your claims.

You're silly. Of course that passage is not the whole story !

You just looking for arguments to have?
    [b]OF COURSE
    it is not the ... so-called "whole story".

God is not interested in why people do what they do but only in ...[text shortened]... EVER forget -

[quote] "The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you. "
    [/b]
    You are sadly mistaken by this idea you seem to have that because Jesus had no sin, and you claim to be in him, therefore you have no sin, because of faith in him.

Well, the bible says no such thing and only by severe twisting and delusion can one gather that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree