1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:34
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    By the way if your interest is genuine I think you would have taken a look at this link when I posted it a while ago:

http://www.gracechapelsomd.org/books/The_New_Evidence_That_Demands_A_Verdict.pdf

Did you actually even bother to have a look at it? If so, do you have any comments about it?
    Is it about Matthew 27:51–53 ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:38
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It's not that I "cannot".

For example, I have spoken at length about it to hundreds of people in a room on more than one occasion and I have started countless threads about it here in this community and there have been "specific examples" of why I no longer think the Bible is a reliable historical record to support the key claims that underpin Christianity ...[text shortened]... cannot give you one specific example; it's this: I am not interested in discussing it with you.
    <<It's not that I cannot give you one specific example; it's this: I am not interested in discussing it with you.>>

You use this cop out much too often. So often, it’s obvious what you’re doing.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:392 edits
    It's not that I "cannot".

For example, I have spoken at length about it to hundreds of people in a room on more than one occasion and I have started countless threads about it here in this community and there have been "specific examples" of why I no longer think the Bible is a reliable historical record to support the key claims that underpin Christianity ...[text shortened]... cannot give you one specific example; it's this: I am not interested in discussing it with you.
    Hundreds of people in a room? Didn't know the atheist club meetings were that big. Have you ever shared this in a venue where people can challenge what you are saying? Or do you always leave the podium with a standing ovation?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:39
    Is it about Matthew 27:51–53 ?
    I suppose copy-and-pasting the link to find out is too much effort.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:41
    Hundreds of people in a room? Didn't know the atheist club meetings were that big. Have you ever shared this in a venue where people can challenge what you are saying?
    And not only hundreds of people in a room but on more than one occasion.

That must have been quite the multi-engagement attraction - FMF discussing why he’s an atheist. Get your tickets early; limited seating available!
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:431 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009

That must have been quite the multi-engagement attraction - FMF discussing why he’s an atheist. Get your tickets early; limited seating available!
    Must either be a very big room or the people were kids. Or maybe it was a chat room?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:43
    <<It's not that I cannot give you one specific example; it's this: I am not interested in discussing it with you.>>

You use this cop out much too often. So often, it’s obvious what you’re doing.
    Yes, it's obvious that I am not interested in discussing something as personal as my loss of faith with you - a person who posts like an obnoxious child day in day out - and who has repeatedly called me a liar for claiming that I used to have that faith. You reap what you sow. You have missed your opportunity to talk to this ex-Christian about such things. That should be what's obvious to you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:44
    Must either be a very big room or the people were kids.
    Why?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:46

And there you are, at the same times as all this kind of stuff, you are asking me to have enough respect for you to discuss personal details about my loss of faith to you.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:47
    Why?
    Rooms don't generally accommodate hundreds of people. Halls or auditoriums generally do. Unless of course you are talking about a chat room.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:50
    Hundreds of people in a room? Didn't know the atheist club meetings were that big. Have you ever shared this in a venue where people can challenge what you are saying? Or do you always leave the podium with a standing ovation?
    I guess you've never been to a seminar or retreat where people who are struggling with their faith join with people who are not, and, together, try to iron things out.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:51
    Rooms don't generally accommodate hundreds of people. Halls or auditoriums generally do. Unless of course you are talking about a chat room.
    And you think these things, so what?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:54
    Yes, it's obvious that I am not interested in discussing something as personal as my loss of faith with you - a person who posts like an obnoxious child day in day out - and who has repeatedly called me a liar for claiming that I used to have that faith. You reap what you sow. You have missed your opportunity to talk to this ex-Christian about such things. That should be what's obvious to you.
    I have never “repeatedly called (you) a liar.” That is a lie. I questioned - twice - your claim of having been a Christian for 30 years after you said Christianity was people talking about themselves and what Jesus’ life meant. My questioning of whether you really were a Christian was sincere in that you said nothing about God or the Resurrection of Jesus Christ in defining what you thought Christianity was.

The only other time I questioned whether you were in fact a Christian for 30 years was when you made several elementary errors about the Bible. I then began to wonder if your claim of being a Christian for 30 years was as truthful as Ghost’s claim of having a theology degree but making frequent blunders about elementary facts in and about the Bible.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:54
    I have shared some personal information. It seems Romans1009 and dj2becker have immediately started trying to troll me with it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 04:56
    And there you are, at the same times as all this kind of stuff, you are asking me to have enough respect for you to discuss personal details about my loss of faith to you.
    Becker asked you to discuss it; not me. I just pointed out that you frequently use the same cop out when your back’s against a wall.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree