1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 20:40
    (Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

So, who gave Jesus authority?
    How would you answer?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 23:16
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

How would you answer?
    His Father.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:24

How would you answer?
    Charles Taze Russel?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 07:35

How would you answer?
    The Father and the Holy Spirit. Having all authority means Jesus is LORD of Lords and KING of kings.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 16:141 edit

How would you answer?
    The Watchtower Organisation? I mean it makes perfect sense. The JWs profess to believe that God is the Father and the Watchtower Organisation is the MOTHER !

So its the Mother {the Watchtower] that gave Jesus all authority.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 17:45

How would you answer?
    Good question brother, but.....it's been asked oh about 20 times and up till now they still don't understand the question. We know that a judge may give a policeman the authority to apply the laws of the land to it's subjects, they hopefully understand that.
    So (2) different and separate beings involved, the judge and a policeman.
    But yet when the trinity fog is in their minds they don't see that Jehovah and Jesus are (2) separate spirit beings and one gives the other the "authority" to now judge and rule as our king.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 17:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Father and the Holy Spirit. Having all authority means Jesus is LORD of Lords and KING of kings.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    What scripture shows they the "holy spirit" gave Jesus this power?
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 18:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What scripture shows they the "holy spirit" gave Jesus this power?
    How about Matthew 3: 16-17

'As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the 'Spirit of God' descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.'
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 18:243 edits
    Good question brother, but.....it's been asked oh about 20 times and up till now they still don't understand the question. We know that a judge may give a policeman the authority to apply the laws of the land to it's subjects, they hopefully understand that.
    So (2) different and separate beings involved, the judge and a policeman.
    But yet when the tr ...[text shortened]... eparate spirit beings and one gives the other the "authority" to now judge and rule as our king.
    to Rajk999
    Yes, clearly it was Jesus' Father, Jehovah God, who gave Jesus his authority.

(Daniel 7:13, 14) “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

In the Christian Greek Scriptures Jesus is called "son of man" over 80 times.

The point is that Jesus did not have "authority" until God gave it to him.
    Jesus was not equal to the One who created him.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 19:09
    to Rajk999
    Yes, clearly it was Jesus' Father, Jehovah God, who gave Jesus his authority.

(Daniel 7:13, 14) “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given r ...[text shortened]... not have "authority" until God gave it to him.
    Jesus was not equal to the One who created him.
    When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,…

(Matthew 28:17-19 NASB)
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 19:12
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    How about Matthew 3: 16-17

'As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the 'Spirit of God' descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.'
    Hummm, sorry but it says nothing about the holy spirit giving Jesus this authority that the Father gives him at a latter time. This scripture only mentions God's love and approval of Jesus.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 19:20
    Hummm, sorry but it says nothing about the holy spirit giving Jesus this authority that the Father gives him at a latter time. This scripture only mentions God's love and approval of Jesus.
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

(John 1:1-3 NASB)

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.

(Colossians 1:16 NASB)

JESUS IS THE CREATOR GOD
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 19:22
    So the point here is in Jesus's life either before while in heaven or after his birth here on earth as a human, he did not have the authority needed to rule mankind. Only his Father Jehovah has had this authority, There is also no mention of the holy spirit being a separate being from Jehovah and having been giving this authority as Jesus was anywhere in the scriptures.
    If Jesus were a third and equal part of this godhead that the trinity teaches, all 3 beings would all be equal as the trinity doctrine teaches.
    But Jesus was not equal in authority until his father gave it too him.
    So the question now is why did Jesus not have this authority and what happened that now made it possible to him be given this?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 19:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

(John 1:1-3 NASB)

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thro ...[text shortened]... created through Him and for Him.

(Colossians 1:16 NASB)

JESUS IS THE CREATOR GOD
    Uh....no he isn't.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 19:28
    Yeah, i was reaching a bit. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree