1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 20:041 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Uh....no he isn't.
    God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

(Hebrews 1:1-2 NASB)

Jesus is the Son of God and the physical agent through which the world was made. Jesus is the Lord that appeared to Moses as God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and He is the one you call Jehovah. (Exodus 3:14-15) No human has seen God the Father at any time.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 20:191 edit
    Then God (Jesus the Word) said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

God (Jesus the Word) created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

(Genesis 1:26-27 NASB)
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 20:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Jesus is the Son of God and the physical agent through which the world was made. Jesus is the Lord t ...[text shortened]... human has seen God the Father at any time.

Lol. So your saying the opposite then what I know your trying to say.

First you say Jesus is the "son" of god. A son is not the same as his father in any situation imaginable. Two, yes (2) separate beings.

Then you believe Jesus is also his own Father but then you say no man may see God and live. Uhhh thousands saw Jesus?

Sounds like the same ole circular reasoning. But I know you'll keep on trying to make sense out of something that can't be made to make sense. 🙂
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 20:23
    Originally posted by roigam
    to Rajk999
    Yes, clearly it was Jesus' Father, Jehovah God, who gave Jesus his authority.
    Nope .. Im sticking with Charles Taze Russell.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 20:23
    Then God (Jesus the Word) said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

God (Jesus the Word) created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

(Genesis 1:26-27 NASB)
    Don't be adding what is not there.....
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 20:25
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yeah, i was reaching a bit. 🙂
    🙂
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 20:32
    Who is the Alpha and The Omega?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 21:08

First you say Jesus is the "son" of god. A son is not the same as his father in any situation imaginable. Two, yes (2) separate beings.

Then you believe Jesus is also his own Father but then you say no man may see God and live. Uhhh thousands saw Jesus?

Sounds like the same ...[text shortened]... know you'll keep on trying to make sense out of something that can't be made to make sense. 🙂
    I believe it is you misunderstanding. I am not saying the Son of God is the same as God the Father or God the Holy Spirit. I believe in the orthodox Christian doctrine of the Triune God. However, you can believe whatever you wish.

I was just trying to present the accepted Christian view that God became man to become savior to all who would believe in the only begotten Son of God.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

(John 3:16 NASB)
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 21:141 edit
    Don't be adding what is not there.....
    That was to emphasize something that you appear not to understand in order to aid you. God the Word was in the beginning with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. God created the world by the Word and later became flesh as the son of man and the Son of God.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16 KJV)
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 08:14

Sounds like the same ...[text shortened]... know you'll keep on trying to make sense out of something that can't be made to make sense. 🙂
    Did you know that your confusion about the Trinity strikes me as exactly like the atheists' confusion I hear when they speak about God? Perhaps you'd understand it better if you learned more about it before speaking about it. Perhaps you hear a similar confusion in other Christians when they speak about Jehovah's Witnesses without knowing more about it. (Just trying to find some kind of common ground here. It's like listening to Europeans' opinion of Americans, when they don't know anything about actually being an American. )
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 08:21

Jesus is the Son of God and the physical agent through which the world was made. Jesus is the Lord t ...[text shortened]... human has seen God the Father at any time.

Don't confuse the issue, Ron. Your understanding of Exodus 3 is questionable, at best, just like your understanding of Genesis and Revelation (and perhaps everything in between).
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 08:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Who is the Alpha and The Omega?
    I believe the JWs have an answer for this, too. One that is not shared by more mainstream Christians, if I remember correctly.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 08:373 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I believe the JWs have an answer for this, too. One that is not shared by more mainstream Christians, if I remember correctly.
    Yes we are 2awesome, its true.

jw.org - free home Bible studies and all the spiritual food you can eat!😵
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 09:211 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

So, who gave Jesus authority?
    How would you answer?
    God the Father gave Him all authority.

Please don't be bothered by this. In Exodus the Angel of Jehovah was sent to lead the Israelites. And He was mysteriously God Himself.

God says that His name is in Him. You should not count that as a small thing.

B. Jehovah's Name in Him

Regarding the Angel of Jehovah verse 21 says, “My name is in Him.” The name Jehovah means “I Am That I Am” (3:14). This name is in the Angel of Jehovah. Why is the name of Jehovah in the Angel? Simply because the Angel is Jehovah Himself. If the Angel were not Jehovah, how could Jehovah's name be in him? The name of a person is identical to the person himself. We cannot separate a person from his name, for his name indicates his very being. For this reason, we do not simply speak of ourselves as persons, but we identify ourselves by name. The name of Jehovah was in the Angel and inseparable from the Angel.

C. Jehovah Himself

Exodus 3 indicates strongly that the Angel is Jehovah. Verse 2 says, “The Angel of Jehovah appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a thorn-bush” (lit.). As we read through chapter three, we see that it was actually Jehovah who appeared to Moses and spoke to him (vv. 4, 6, 14, 16). Furthermore, the Jehovah who appeared to Moses is the Triune God, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. The Angel of Jehovah is equal to Jehovah, Jehovah is equal to God, and God is triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit—as signified by the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Therefore, this Angel of Jehovah actually is the Triune God. Furthermore, this Angel is Christ, and Christ is the Son of God. This means that the Son of God is Jehovah God, even the Triune God.

my bolding in The Life Study of Exodus, by Witness Lee, LSM -

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=13D4D941C6
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 09:26
    A bit more on the Angel of Jehovah being Jehovah Himself.

D. His Voice Being Jehovah's Speaking

Exodus 23:22 says, “If thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak....” This indicates that the Angel's voice is God's speaking. In John 14:10, the Lord Jesus said, “The words which I speak to you, I do not speak from Myself; but the Father who abides in Me, He does His works.” Just as the Angel's voice was Jehovah's speaking, so the Son's speaking was the Father's working. The fact that the Angel's voice was Jehovah's speaking proves strongly that the Angel and Jehovah are one.

If we study the record in the Old Testament concerning the journey of the children of Israel from Egypt, through the wilderness, and into the good land, we shall not find one instance where the Angel of Jehovah spoke anything. Why then does God speak of the Angel's voice, if the Angel never voiced anything? The reason is that God was the One who spoke. God's speaking was the Angel's voice. God sent Himself to accompany His people, to guard them in the way, and to bring them into the good land. This indicates that the Angel and God were truly one. Thus, God's speaking was the Angel's voice.

As we consider the fact that God's speaking was the Angel's voice, we see that it involves the matter of the Trinity. The Trinity is the dispensation of God to man. Even with the children of Israel in the Old Testament, we can see God's dispensation.

(Life-Study of Exodus, Chapter 73, Section 2)

My bolding -

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=13D4D941C6

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree