Matthew 28:18

Matthew 28:18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Have you only read the parts of his book that you agree with and then avoided or ignored the critical things he said?

You once seemed to suggest that you had read his lengthy appendix in which he heavily criticized - in detail - the JW translators' insertion of the word "Jehovah" - numerous times - into the NT.

Do you even accept that this criticism exists?
when you can answer the question, let me know. Here it is again. Is translation the same as restoration? and its directly linked to the claims made by associate Professor Jason BeDhun, in his book, Truth in translation which I have read.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
when you can answer the question, let me know.
You've been dodging the point blank question about the Bible scholar you yourself cite since the top of page 4.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You've been dodging the point blank question about the Bible scholar you yourself cite since the top of page 4.
No i have been dodging nothing, I have asked you a question which is directly related to the claims made in the book by the author which I mentioned, either you answer it or you don't, let me know when you do and I will be happy to discuss the matter.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

No i have been dodging nothing, I have asked you a question which is directly related to the claims made in the book by the author which I mentioned, either you answer it or you don't, let me know when you do and I will be happy to discuss the matter.
In your own honest and sincere and non-comedic estimation, you have not been dodging my question since page 4?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
In your own honest and sincere and non-comedic estimation, you have not been dodging my question since page 4?
here are some key points for you to consider

1. Is translation the same as restoration.
2. Has the divine name been removed and supplanted by other terms

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

here are some key points for you to consider

1. Is translation the same as restoration.
2. Has the divine name been removed and supplanted by other terms
Do you acknowledge Jason BeDuhn's criticism? Do you accept it?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you acknowledge Jason BeDuhn's criticism? Do you accept it?
Do you accept that the divine name has been removed from the ancient text? Do you acknowledge that restoration is different from translation?

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

Do you accept that the divine name has been removed from the ancient text? Do you acknowledge that restoration is different from translation?
The question is about Jason BeDuhn's analysis, not mine.

Is he a biblical scholar whose analysis of the translation and use of the word "Jehovah" in the NT you can trust and endorse?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
The question is about Jason BeDuhn's analysis, not mine.

Is he a biblical scholar whose analysis of the translation and use of the word "Jehovah" in the NT you can trust and endorse?
The questions are directly related to the clams made in the book. If you do not want to answer then that is fine, but the questions remain, do you acknowledge that the divine name has been removed from the original text and do you accept that restoration is different from translation. When you can bring yourself to answer these questions, let the forum know.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

The questions are directly related to the clams made in the book. If you do not want to answer then that is fine, but the questions remain, do you acknowledge that the divine name has been removed from the original text and do you accept that restoration is different from translation. When you can bring yourself to answer these questions, let the forum know.
Do you endorse Jason BeDuhn's analysis?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you endorse Jason BeDuhn's analysis?
Do you acknowledge that the divine name has been removed from the original text and do you accept that restoration is different from translation?

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

Do you acknowledge that the divine name has been removed from the original text and do you accept that restoration is different from translation?
You're being asked about Jason BeDuhn's analysis of the NT in the NWT. You're being asked about Jason BeDuhn and what he wrote in his book.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You're being asked about Jason BeDuhn's analysis of the NT in the NWT. You're being asked about Jason BeDuhn and what he wrote in his book.
You are being asked two questions which relate directly to the claims made in the book Truth in translation, authored by Jason BeDhun. Here they are again.

1. Do you accept that the divine name has been removed from the original autographs?
2. Do you agree that translation and restoration are different procedures.

You have also failed to explain what he meant by, 'the most accurate translation' and 'a remarkably good translation'. When you can bring yourself to answer any of these questions please let the forum know.

F

Moves
20 Nov 15

You are being asked two questions which relate directly to the claims made in the book Truth in translation, authored by Jason BeDhun. Here they are again.

1. Do you accept that the divine name has been removed from the original autographs?

You have also failed to ex ...[text shortened]... ation'. When you can bring yourself to answer any of these questions please let the forum know.
Do you endorse Jason BeDuhn's analysis on this issue or do you reject it?

Endorse it or reject it?

rc

Moves
20 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you endorse Jason BeDuhn's analysis on this issue or do you reject it?

Endorse it or reject it?

accept or agree?