1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 18:47
    Divegeester would like to see some messages which I consider to be meat. First lets establish the difference between milk and meat from the writings of the Apostles :
    Milk
    - the reading of the Bible.
    - understanding the basic precepts of Christian life
    - singing of hymns
    - the meetings and companionship
    - the calling of Jesus name
    - the praying

Meat:
    - the ability to discern right from wrong and following your conscience
    - the understanding of what God and Christ requires of the Christian in terms of righteous living and good works.

[1Cor 3:2, Heb 5:12, Heb 5:13, 1 Pet 2:2 ]

Why is this differentiation relevant? It appears from the writings of Paul that nobody enters the Kingdom of God by focusing on milk alone. The meat of the word of God provides the Christian with the understanding and the ability to live righteously.

In this thread I would post passages of scripture which assist in motivating the Christian [or anyone for that matter], to live good righteous lives in keeping with what Jesus and the Apostles preached. I would welcome similar posts from others as well.

I anticipate disagreement from several Christians since their interpretation of what milk and meat means is contrary to what Paul and the Apostles said.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 18:481 edit
    Who Jesus Called Children of God
    Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (Matthew 5:3-11 KJV)

Here Jesus explains
    who it is that enters the Kingdom of Heaven
    who obtains mercy from God
    who will see God
    who are the children of God.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 18:52
    Lying to God. Not to be Taken Lightly
    But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
    (Acts 5:1-10 KJV)
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '17 18:59
    Is this the meat or the veg?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 19:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The 'vegetables' are the brain dead Christians who read this stuff and claim its not essential for eternal life, when Jesus said it is.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 May '17 20:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think it is a vegi burger, but I could be wrong.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 21:151 edit
    The Wise Man follows the commandments of Christ [focuses on the Meat] and the Foolish Man calls Jesus's name [fouses on the Milk]

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:20-27 KJV)

Summary:
    Calling Jesus alone [the milk], is of no value
    Doing Gods will [the meat] is of great value.
    Prophesying is not good works
    Casting out devils is not good works
    The wise man follows Christ
    The foolish man does not.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '17 23:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    [b] The Wise Man follows the commandments of Christ [focuses on the Meat] and the Foolish Man calls Jesus's name [fouses on the Milk]

[i]Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me ...[text shortened]... ks
    Casting out devils is not good works
    The wise man follows Christ
    The foolish man does not.[/b]
    You should start your own church, "The Meathead Universal Church".😵
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '17 23:16
    Milk

Have you "graduated" then from reading the Bible because of some advanced maturity ?
    Reading the Bible is "milky" activity for you now ?

- singing of hymns

When Jesus sang a hymn along with His disciples did that manifest His spiritual infancy far below your level of meat eating maturity ?

" And after singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives. " (Matt. 26:30)

Was the Lord Jesus showing some sort of spiritual adolescenthood just before going to be arrested and crucified?

Is Paul's instruction to speaking to one another in songs and spiritual songs designed to keep the church in Ephesus underdeveloped and immature ?

" ... but be filled in spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your heart to the Lord." (Eph. 6:18b,19)

Is this exhortation too much milk like Christian practice for you ?

- the meetings and companionship

So when Paul wrote of his companions he was too much in the infantile "milk" of Christian living ?

IE. When he writes some letters now part of the word of God ?

"Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, AND SOSTHENES the brother." ( 1 Cor. 1:1)

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, AND TIMOTHY the brother, ..." ( 2 Cor. 1:1)

"Paul and Silvanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God ..." (1 Thess. 1:1)

"Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus, ..." (Phil. 1:1a)

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, AND TIMOTHY the brother, to the saints in Colossae ..." (Col. 1:1)

"Paul AND SILVANUS AND TIMOTHY to the church of the Thessalonians ..." (2 Thess. 1:1)

So the Apostle Paul was displaying his spiritual milk drinking immaturity by writing these letters with companions ?

- the calling of Jesus name
    - the praying

You have graduated from calling on the name of the Lord Jesus ?
    You are no longer immature to have need to PRAY ??

David said he would call on the name of Jehovah to be saved from his enemies.

"I called upon Jehovah, who is worthy of praise and from my enemies I was saved." (Psalm 18:3)

I call on the name of the Lord Jesus every day to be saved from some enemies of my soul. So it is "milk" of the word of God to want to be saved from your spiritual enemies by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus ?

Becoming more spiritually mature does not cause the Christian to "graduate" somehow from any of the things you have listed here.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 23:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    Milk

Have you "graduated" then from reading the Bible because of some advanced maturity ?
    Reading the Bible is "milky" activity for you now ?

- singing of hymns

When Jesus sang a hymn along with His disciples did that manifest H ...[text shortened]... does not cause the Christian to "graduate" somehow from any of the things you have listed here.
    Paul disagrees with you.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 23:42
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You should start your own church, "The Meathead Universal Church".😵
    Christ has already started His church, and Im a member.
    Dont need any other church, thanks.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '17 04:22
    The 'vegetables' are the brain dead Christians who read this stuff and claim its not essential for eternal life, when Jesus said it is.
    I was wondering if you were capable of ministering on any other topic, apparently not.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 11:52
    Paul disagrees with you.
    How so ?
    Is being born (John 3:3-5) into the kingdom of God too elementary ?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 May '17 10:431 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    How so ?
    Is being [b]born
    (John 3:3-5) into the kingdom of God too elementary ?[/b]
    You are like a bad student that refuses to listen to all that the teacher says. You grab the first sentence and run, boasting that you know. Jesus says :

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:5-8 KJV)

Those who are born of the spirit are transformed into spirit beings who can move like the wind.
    Those who are born of the flesh is flesh.

Can you move like the wind? I dont think so.
    You are flesh and blood.

Not even Jesus Christ was a spirit being until he ascended into heaven.
    Jesus said clearly that he is flesh and not spirit.

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:39 KJV)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '17 19:442 edits

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:5-8 KJV)

Those who are born of the spirit are transformed into spirit beings who can move like the wind.

Of the Christians in the New Testament, which one or ones would you point to to be "spirit beings" who move like the wind ?

Stephen?
    Peter?
    James?
    John?
    Paul?

Those who are born of the flesh is flesh.

Jesus says that those participating in the kingdom of the heavens will drink wine. Will these "spirit beings" be enjoying the drinking of wine then ?

" But I say to you, I shall by no means drink of this product of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in the kingdom of My Father." (Matt. 26:29)

Will these "spirit beings" moving like the wind sit down eat and drink at the a table of Christ ?

"That you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom; and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Luke 22:30)

Can you move like the wind? I dont think so.
    You are flesh and blood.

Above are passages concerning AFTER the second coming and therefore after the transfiguration of the body. And those born again are said to drink and eat and drink.

Can you locate the term "spirit beings" for me in the New Testament, especially as pertaining to or defining Christians ?

The passage of John 3:5,6 is not about Christians being transformed into your "spirit beings". It is about the new birth coming upon men in an unseen way physically. The effect of the wind we see. But the wind itself we do not see.

The contrast the Jesus establishes is between the visible baptism in water (ie. John the Baptist's baptism) in contrast with the regeneration of being born of the Holy Spirit. The latter is not like water baptism. But rather the effect on a man will be seen but the Spirit Himself will not be - He is something like the invisible wind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree