1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 07:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    regarding the lack of meditation classes in my area. Really, it seems like a normal thing elsewhere.
    Why the existence or the lack of meditation classes in your area is important? One can meditate anywhere, anytime, anyhow
    😵
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 09:32
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Why the existence or the lack of meditation classes in your area is important? One can meditate anywhere, anytime, anyhow
    😵
    Well I can go and get preached at several churches within blocks, but it seem I gotta go about 15kms to get to a suitable meditation class.
    I just dont like the balance. I dont like the vibe. I dont like it when people who I've seen fory ears do not respond when I say "hello". Worse, they treat me like a tree.
    I dont like this backward hick town thats right up itself for having absolutely no claim to anything, (anything worth mentioning on the spirituality forum anyways). At least you got the "birth of democracy" and some other history worth mentioning. Something to be proud of.
    Seems Queenslanders are proud to be Queenslanders and nothing else. We can survive extreme weather conditions, thats about all the positive I can say about the Queensland people as a collective.
    Just pitiful.

So if some christian pipes up or something, it had want to be good.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 09:402 edits
    Well I can go and get preached at several churches within blocks, but it seem I gotta go about 15kms to get to a suitable meditation class.
    I just dont like the balance. I dont like the vibe. I dont like it when people who I've seen fory ears do not respond when I say "hello". Worse, they treat me like a tree.
    I dont like this backward hick town thats ve.
    Just pitiful.

boo! Les Hiddens , the bush tucker legend comes from Queensland, as does Elamef37 a RHP legend, as does Julian Assange if my memory serves me correct. Dare i suggest that this opinion is more a reflection of you than of either the country or the populace. I would love to live in Queensland, irrespective of the churches or the people. It can be disheartening when people reject you, but one must learn to deal with rejection, i know, i get rejected almost every door i knock upon.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 10:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    boo! Les Hiddens , the bush tucker legend comes from Queensland, as does Elamef37 a RHP legend, as does Julian Assange if my memory serves me correct. Dare i suggest that this opinion is more a reflection of you than of either the country or the populace. I would love to live in Queensland, irrespective of the churches or the people. It can be di ...[text shortened]... ut one must learn to deal with rejection, i know, i get rejected almost every door i knock upon.
    Like I said rejection would be preferable to complete unawareness.
    At least I would be acknowledged.

I believe Elamef is an indengeous Austrlaian and therefor has her own claims on some mighty special heritage.
    The whiteys over here, that I represent, are only just beginning to wipe the sand out of our their eyes.
    Queensland is clearly the most stupid state in Australia.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 11:00
    I dont like this backward hick town thats ...[text shortened]... ve.
    Just pitiful.

I see, and many many times I feel the same as you. However I always keep in mind that by means of my fear I bring up my delusions
    😵
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 11:01
    Like I said rejection would be preferable to complete unawareness.
    At least I would be acknowledged.

I believe Elamef is an indengeous Austrlaian and therefor has her own claims on some mighty special heritage.
    The whiteys over here, that I represent, are only just beginning to wipe the sand out of our their eyes.
    Queensland is clearly the most stupid state in Australia.
    you need to appreciate what you have me thinks, why let your enjoyment of life be governed by the insensitive and ignorant attitude of others.
  7. St. Peter's
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 15:45
    Here's some excerts from the flyer I'm working on:
    *No religous affiliations
    *Nothing to sell
    *Donation for tea and bikkies only
    *Anyone may answer questions. I am not final authority on the discusssions/questions.
    *All faiths welcome.
    *Bring cushion.
    *No lying down.
    *Crossed legged, lotus or kneeling preferred. Standing also ok.
    *Emphasis on Z ...[text shortened]...

Did I miss anything? Does that come across as a non-threatening/liberal meditation class?
    sounds like an interesting time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree