1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 22:30
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Nothing like one hand clapping.......why are you fabricating?
    What I meant is that it is all fluff and nonsense.

Nothing substantial. A distraction.

Why are YOU fabricating? You started it.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 00:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What I meant is that it is all fluff and nonsense.

Nothing substantial. A distraction.

Why are YOU fabricating? You started it.
    Since neither of you seem to understand the "one hand clapping" koan, I suggest, for your own dignity, that you leave it alone. But that is only a suggestion.
  3. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 00:45
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Since neither of you seem to understand the "one hand clapping" koan, I suggest, for your own dignity, that you leave it alone. But that is only a suggestion.
    But, Karoly, if you do not contend, what is there to contend with you?

πŸ˜€
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 01:47
    Originally posted by souverein
    Yes I agreed with your first point; meditation can lead to tranquility of the mind.
    Your other points are not very interesting to me. They are mainly based on fear and hearsay.
    Yes they are based on fear and here-say when you take your information from false religion.

But real religion taught in Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva will describe everything accurately without here-say or error.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by ua41
    But, Karoly, if you do not contend, what is there to contend with you?

πŸ˜€
    πŸ˜€
    Nothing....

The sound of one hand clapping makes no noise, just as I do, except for here of course, where I am a loudmouth.
  6. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 05:28
    πŸ˜€
    Nothing....

The sound of one hand clapping makes no noise, just as I do, except for here of course, where I am a loudmouth.
    Loudmouth, eh?

It goes something like this- there was a master who came across students discussing objectivity and subjectivity. So the master asks them if they think the rock is in their mind or outside. One of them says "blah blah blah, Buddhism teaches everything is a product of my mind, blah blah blah, so the rock is in my mind."
    "You head must be very heavy carrying that rock around!"
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 11:12
    Originally posted by ua41
    Loudmouth, eh?

It goes something like this- there was a master who came across students discussing objectivity and subjectivity. So the master asks them if they think the rock is in their mind or outside. One of them says "blah blah blah, Buddhism teaches everything is a product of my mind, blah blah blah, so the rock is in my mind."
    "You head must be very heavy carrying that rock around!"
    Thats why I call this life purgatory...
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 23:08
    If it was intended as a Koan it would not produce that remark. If it was a bland cliche it would not merit it.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 00:32
    Originally posted by finnegan
    If it was intended as a Koan it would not produce that remark. If it was a bland cliche it would not merit it.
    Thnx mateπŸ˜‰

Now answer this: What is the sound of one hand clapping?

(cause I'm still silent on the subject and I crave a masters stick πŸ˜‰ )
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 00:34
    Thnx mateπŸ˜‰

Now answer this: What is the sound of one hand clapping?

(cause I'm still silent on the subject and I crave a masters stick πŸ˜‰ )
    When you are a master then you will have the stick you crave. What will you do with it?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 01:10
    Originally posted by finnegan
    When you are a master then you will have the stick you crave. What will you do with it?
    Break it.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 02:111 edit
    What is meditation?

Depends on what your meditating on....

Most meditate on the tip of their nose.

Others meditate on a blue flame.

Others meditate on the great silence.

Others meditate on the stream of thoughts that go past.

All these types of meditation have one or two or three goals in mind.

1. find peace and tranquility.

2. fin ...[text shortened]... tion.

You can then contemplate truth in meditation or without meditation forever to eternity.
    I meditate to lower my blood pressure. I meditate to make my mind stronger. I meditate to make me a stronger chess player. I meditate to make my musical creativity stronger.

If that makes me dishonest so be it. I really don't care if you think I am going to spend my purported next life as a turtle or not. Whatever will be will be. Your Vedic masters don't know as much about real life as you think they do.

No human does. I know meditation and slow breathing lowers my blood pressure. I suffer from hypertension which means when I am stressed my blood pressure rises. I know as a proven fact if I slow breath and meditate my blood pressure goes down.

It has been shown brains grow new connections with consistent meditation. That is all I am interested in. I don't care if I get close to some purported god. I am in it for this life. If that makes me dishonest so be it. Your pronouncements of dishonesty go on deaf ears.

And no, I am not christian or any other organized religion, I think I can handle my own spirituality with my own brain thank you very much. I don't want or need your input on spirituality.

Also you haven't deigned to answer my questions on souls, what your idea of souls are, or rather what you have been propagandized to believe you think you know about souls. I just want to understand what you think about them.

For instance, if someone gets artificially inseminated, does that resultant person have a soul? Is someone who is artificially inseminated a real person?

Can souls recently demoted get demoted further, like from human to frog, frog to bacteria? If so under what conditions would that happen?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 02:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I meditate to lower my blood pressure. I meditate to make my mind stronger. I meditate to make me a stronger chess player. I meditate to make my musical creativity stronger.

If that makes me dishonest so be it. I really don't care if you think I am going to spend my purported next life as a turtle or not. Whatever will be will be. Your Vedic masters do ...[text shortened]... , like from human to frog, frog to bacteria? If so under what conditions would that happen?
    "I dont care if I get close to some purported god."

Good.

Very good.

Now , forget my compliments... πŸ™‚
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 02:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse

If that makes me dishonest so be it. I really don't care if you think I am going to spend my purported next life as a turtle or not. Whatever will be will be. Your Vedic masters do ...[text shortened]... , like from human to frog, frog to bacteria? If so under what conditions would that happen?
    I am not against meditation, and in fact I did say one can find tranquillity and some peace in this mad world....but why have you concluded that I am against meditation.

One thing to understand is, that your meditation is a temporary activity if it is done for peace and tranquillity.....why?

Because at death your peace and tranquillity from your meditation is finished, and you will have to take another birth in this world of suffering again, so in reality nothing has been fixed.

If you want to solve all the problems of existence for ever, you must live the spiritual life and develop authentic loving sentiments for God, and in this way you will never have to take birth in this world of suffering ever again.

Your comment about...."how no one knows about real life" is completely baseless because you have not studied the Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva, so you are uninformed on these matters.

I know you have looked at false religions, and now you think religion has nothing to offer, but Vedanta Sutra is the only bonafide true religion for mankind and if you studied it seriously you would change your mind quickly.

In fact Vedanta Sutra is very informative and will not present you with error.

Artificial insemination is simply just a way of placing the semen into a womb by mechanical method.

The semen contains the life (soul) and when the sperm comes into contact with the ovum, there is at that moment of conception the opportunity for the process of growth of the baby to begin.

Whether conception is induced by natural or artificial means, the resultant conception will produce a real person.......is there any other type of person.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 02:55
    I am not against meditation, and in fact I did say one can find tranquillity and some peace in this mad world....but why have you concluded that I am against meditation.

One thing to understand is, that your meditation is a temporary activity if it is done for peace and tranquillity.....why?

Because at death your peace and tranquillity from your med ...[text shortened]... , the resultant conception will produce a real person.......is there any other type of person.
    "The semen contains the life". Does that mean the egg does not? Where do you get that kind of thinking?

You still have not answered my soul demotion question, can a soul get further demoted from human to say bug, and then can that soul do something bad as a bug that can get it further demoted to a bacteria or a virus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree