1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 02:30
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i think what [successful] meditation does is cut off the conscious brain from the nervous system. this gives you a feeling of floating in nothing which can be interpreted as attaining nirvana or having a spiritual experience. in some forms of meditation like kundalini, when the brain tries to reestablish connection to the nervous system, you get mental spasms which are interpreted as the kundalini serpent.
    I've had that.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 02:33
    Originally posted by josephw
    How so?
    he was a sword-master and ronin dueler.
    he killed his first at the age of 13, and throughout his life, killed many more.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 02:39
    That's quite odd. How can meditation allow for the brain to be "cut off" from the nervous system?

It's hard wired.
    the brain isn't being cut off. if that happens, you die!

what i said is that the conscious brain is cut off from the nervous system.

an analogy: imagine turning off your monitor, but the computer is still on and working. you're just staring at a blank screen: messaging has been turned off.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 05:00
    Is that what you would say to someone you knew may suffer and possibly die?

Do you think meditation would help ease pain and even affect a recovery?
    I say this repeatedly to myself and to the ones I love. Accepting everything the way it is, you overcome delusion. Suffering is given anyway. If a person needs support, then support should get.
    Meditation is a technique one is using in order to get the most out of one's dynamism. If you want to meditate on easing the pain and affect a recovery, do meditate and overcome delusion
    šŸ˜µ
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 05:02
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    this philosophy of musashi was very dao-centric. it's not perfect because it's not for everyone. it's the way of walking alone and few people are willing to walk alone. it's a way for spiritual warriors.
    Everyone is different. Even youšŸ˜µ
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 06:341 edit
    You misunderstand. That list was not mine. I apologize for not putting it in quotes. That particular post was directed toward black beetle who I assumed would know.

I would ask that you refer to the OP and make your contributing reply to the topic.
    If it was not yours, did you mean any of it?

I cant contribute a whole lot to the OP because I have never deliberately meditated in my life. What I am trying to establish, is why I would want to try. What is the purpose?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jan '12 21:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If it was not yours, did you mean any of it?

I cant contribute a whole lot to the OP because I have never deliberately meditated in my life. What I am trying to establish, is why I would want to try. What is the purpose?
    Because it feels good. You might see a beach at sunset and have nothing to do for half an hour. Just sayin it couldn't hurt. You may even have some sort of insight.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '12 21:19
    feeling good is not always the solution, in fact, in many instances, its spiked with pain.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '12 21:261 edit
    If the beetle is correct , that the mind is all there is, then all we have are our
    experiences, past, lodged somewhere in the subconscious realm. In order to get at
    them and draw them up, 'as water from a deep well', one needs to meditate, to bring
    them to the fore, to examine them, to ask ourselves what transpired and to check our
    variations with what we have come to know from all other collective experiences in
    order to find solutions. Indeed, if there are no solutions then why are we asking
    questions, if there are no questions then where is understanding, for understanding is
    the prime thing to be attained.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jan '12 21:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    feeling good is not always the solution, in fact, in many instances, its spiked with pain.
    `Each situation is unique. Only in your heart do you know if its just.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 00:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    `Each situation is unique. Only in your heart do you know if its just.
    the heart is treacherous, one should never trust it!
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 10:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the heart is treacherous, one should never trust it!
    This is a point of self determination, I believe.

You have to see the situation for what it is, take your ego out of the equation and decide what is in everyone's best interest. You have to do this for all individual/unique situations. (Incidentally have yo heard of "The Situtaionists"? I think they started in France but have been very sparodic. I thought a learned man like yourself might have come across some of their ideas/writings,etc.. )

After all , everything is about the individual situation, and all that ...

But sometimes the heart should be believed at all costs!! RJ may say something like . "you know this!!" šŸ™‚ Funny stuff, either way.

But saying "you should never trust it" is really closing off a lot of human experience right there, Robbie !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree