1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 18:35
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Agreed. And believe it or not, for others it is to celebrate the holiday of Yule as it was before Christianity.
    I think that old thinking has gone by the wayside for the most part. I think you're in the minority. Most people celebrate CHRISTMAS as either a chance to be with family or to celebrate Jesus or both.
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 18:36
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Ok then. Nevertheless I do celebrate Christmas because I celebrate Jesus, my savior, coming into the world. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
    That's cool. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year then.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 18:41
    Originally posted by chappy1
    I think that old thinking has gone by the wayside for the most part. I think you're in the minority. Most people celebrate CHRISTMAS as either a chance to be with family or to celebrate Jesus or both.
    No question we are a very, very small minority. It wasn't until the last few years that it became an officially recognized religion again in the Scandinavian countries.
  4. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 19:202 edits
    Oh please. I've only got a couple of thousand years of documented history to prove otherwise. Including works of Christian scholors like the Venerable Bede, Snorri Sturlisson, and Saxo Grammaticus. Or how about 18th century scholars like Jacob Grimm and Vicktor Rydberg. This is just to name a few.
    O-Kay we are obviously not on the same page here. Lets go back to the begining of the thread which is TITLED "MERRY CHRISTMAS".

Then I make the statement to remember the reason for the season.

It does not make me wrong or arrogant to say this!!! The word Christmas originated as a contraction of "Christ's mass".

It does not matter that it was celebrated in winter soltice, or changed from the celebration of a Roman sungod or what traditions or happenings wwere on this day. It does not even matter if this is the exact day Jesus was born. It matters that it is celebrated and the day was picked out.

OH Merry Christmas if you believe and whatever you want to celebrate if you choose not too.
  5. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 21:14
    merry christmas everyone
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 03:06
    Originally posted by torch71
    Lets all remember the reason for the season!!!

Our lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

Have a merry Christmas everyone.
    Merry Christmas to all!
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 09:11
    Merry Christmas/Xmas/Yule/Mithramas/happy-day-off-work/drinking day/whatever-ya-wanna-call-it to all. 😀
  8. England
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 13:24
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Merry Christmas to all!
    merry christmas to all no matter what
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 14:44
    Well I was visited by three ghosts last night and they showed me what a miserable old bastard I've been. So Merry Christmas everyone!
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 14:50
    Well I was visited by three ghosts last night and they showed me what a miserable old bastard I've been. So Merry Christmas everyone!
    HA! LOL!!
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 15:06
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    May the Son of God bless and keep you who turn to Him, may His
    grace and mercy fill your hearts, may His peace give you rest from
    your struggles, may His wisdom guide you through the hazards that
    the world, the flesh, and the devil would give you.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 16:221 edit
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 16:22
    Those damn beggers showed up ay my apartment too. I showed them the door. At the point of a rifle.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 17:16
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  15. Meddling with things
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 11:26
    Bah humbug to everyone who spent christmas day arguing in this thread. You have missed the point

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree