1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 23:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i am saying that providing a translation without explaining it is meaningless. No you
    provided various translations, you have as yet, provided no reasons.
    it's an amusing zombie story, no meaning is necessary. it says the graves were opened and corpses started walking around in the town and they were seen by many.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 07:01
    i am saying that providing a translation without explaining it is meaningless. No you
    provided various translations, you have as yet, provided no reasons.
    The reason could be to show that Jesus was the Christ and He had power over the graves.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 09:011 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The reason could be to show that Jesus was the Christ and He had power over the graves.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    you make a mockery of the scriptures Ronald Judas Hindus, Christ was ,'the first born
    from the dead,' we read in the Bible, for that to be true, these so called bodies could
    not have been animated with life, could they.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 09:031 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it's an amusing zombie story, no meaning is necessary. it says the graves were opened and corpses started walking around in the town and they were seen by many.
    sadly to the wilfully ignorant and uninitiated it reads that way, those who through use
    have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish right and wrong, see it differently.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 10:171 edit
    you make a mockery of the scriptures Ronald Judas Hindus, Christ was ,'the first born
    from the dead,' we read in the Bible, for that to be true, these so called bodies could
    not have been animated with life, could they.
    Do you not remember that Lazarus was raised from the dead after being dead for four days?

These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” Then His disciples said, “Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.” However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus said to them plainly, “Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, that you may believe. Nevertheless let us go to him.”

Now Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.” Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been dead four days.” Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.” Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”

(John 11:11-15,21-27,39-44 NKJV)

You do not know what is meant by first born of the dead nor do you know what is meant by first born of all creation.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 17:29
    sadly to the wilfully ignorant and uninitiated it reads that way, those who through use
    have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish right and wrong, see it differently.
    ignorance defines you and it obviously doesn't read that way to you, so your assessment is incorrect.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 17:32
    ignorance defines you and it obviously doesn't read that way to you, so your assessment is incorrect.
    If you say so it must be true,

caravan trundles on and the dogs howl into the twilight!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 17:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you not remember that Lazarus was raised from the dead after being dead for four days?

These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” Then His disciples said, “Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.” However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking ...[text shortened]... is meant by first born of the dead nor do you know what is meant by first born of all creation.
    we are talking about the first-born of the resurrection, I knew I should have put that in
    so that you would not drivel out all this stuff.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 23:44
    If you say so it must be true,

caravan trundles on and the dogs howl into the twilight!
    if you stop all that howling, you might learn something.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:35
    we are talking about the first-born of the resurrection, I knew I should have put that in
    so that you would not drivel out all this stuff.
    Did not the earthquake incident with bodies coming out of the graves and appearing in the Holy City happen on the day Christ was crucified? Paul and John both wrote that Jesus was “the firstborn of the dead” (Colossians 1:18; Revelation 1:5). I believe you may be thinking of "firstfruits" as here:

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
    (1 Corinthians 15:20-22 NKJV)

The resurrection of Christ was in a glorified body that will never die. This was not so for Lazarus, who Christ brought back to life.

In the biblical sense, firstborn of all creation and firstborn of the dead means Christ is the heir to all creation, living or dead, just as a firstborn son is the heir of the family. He has the right to do as He pleases with what is rightfully His. The apostle Paul emphasized that this is true not only because Christ is the only begotten, firstborn Son of the Father and the rightful heir to all things, but also by the fact that He created all things.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 01:35
    You do know you're replying to Robbie and not RJ, right?

JW's a forbidden to learn anything (that's not 'authorized' )
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 13:12
    anyone reading your posts would howl in anguish! probably tear the bum out their
    jeans in the process also in sheer exasperation at the wilful ignorance. 😛
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You do know you're replying to Robbie and not RJ, right?

JW's a forbidden to learn anything (that's not 'authorized' )
    Mork calling Karoly, come in Karoly! nanoo nanoo!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree