1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 12:51
    @divegeester said
    Is “brain dead” going to be your riff for the next few pages?

What’s next, “mentally ill”?
    I could say disingenuous perhaps that seems to be the new insult of the moment,
    bottom line casting a single repetitive response over and over again, for all
    conversation, regardless of what was said, is not at all taking the things said
    seriously; they get dismissed out of hand as being less than worthy of being a topic
    worthy of discussion, so words like "faith speech," "your opinion," and all of the
    other braindead things said repetitively are used to wipe out whole sections of
    conversations. Insult the comments or the one who said it with a braindead
    comment, then responding to them or justifying your points are not necessary.
    Just expressing your FEELINGS about what was said or who said it is all that matters.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 12:59
    @fmf said
    We're making progress if you are now conceding that what I explain about faith i.e. how it's a kind of opinion [or set of opinions], is "always true".
    Had you read what I have been saying, I never denied that you had faith, only that
    you had a real relationship with God; you are in a world and a part of it that we all
    walk out our faith, see the world as we think it is, and go through it. What happens
    is life tends to get us to admit from time to time if what we think is true is true or
    not, and what you thought had turned out to be false. I agree with you completely
    on that point, so instead of seeking God in reality, you choose to deny Him
    altogether. Your faith was tested, and you had to acknowledge it wasn't true for
    you at that time, and now you put that on the whole universe and everyone in it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 13:08
    @kellyjay said
    Had you read what I have been saying, I never denied that you had faith, only that
    you had a real relationship with God; you are in a world and a part of it that we all
    walk out our faith, see the world as we think it is, and go through it. What happens
    is life tends to get us to admit from time to time if what we think is true is true or
    not, and what you thought had tu ...[text shortened]... it wasn't true for
    you at that time, and now you put that on the whole universe and everyone in it.
    My faith was as real as yours is. It is a function of cognition.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 13:121 edit
    @fmf said
    My faith was as real as yours is. It is a function of cognition.
    Yes, never denied that as I told you, the reality of what you believed turned out to
    be error.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 13:16
    @kellyjay said
    I could say disingenuous perhaps that seems to be the new insult of the moment.
    It's how I read your behaviour. It's not an "insult". When I call you out for being disingenuous, I am calling you out for not conversing in good faith.

I'd settle for the analysis if I were you, because if you are not being disingenuous - when I call you out for it - then the way you are interacting is because you are being feebleminded. It's one of the other.

You claiming, after 10+ years of talking to me, that I "deny the possibility of something that transcends the universe", is either you being deliberately dishonest or you are being as thick as two planks.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 13:191 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, never denied that as I told you, the reality of what you believed turned out to
    be error.
    You have been babbling on about "the Easter bunny" and "sitting in pews in Church" for weeks. And now, all of a sudden, you claim you "never denied" that my faith was as real as yours is and that it is a function of cognition? Boy oh boy. Have you no integrity at all? Unbelievable!
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 13:57
    @fmf said
    You have been babbling on about "the Easter bunny" and "sitting in pews in Church" for weeks. And now, all of a sudden, you claim you "never denied" that my faith was as real as yours is and that it is a function of cognition? Boy oh boy. Have you no integrity at all? Unbelievable!
    You have not read the things I have said if that is your take. I suppose that is to be excepted considering how you view such things you read into them what you believe without ever considering what is actually being said. I guess that is the consequences of being dismissive.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 13:591 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You have not read the things I have said if that is your take. I suppose that is to be excepted considering how you view such things you read into them what you believe without ever considering what is actually being said. I guess that is the consequences of being dismissive.
    Yawn. I have been reading what you have said. Suddenly you accept that faith is a function of cognition and your faith is the same as mine was. You're too prideful to concede that you have changed your tune.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 15:57
    Even though the 45 pages of this thread make it probably THE worst dumpster fire ever in all these forums, it can still serve as a perfect example of why I no longer post as heavily as I once did in this forum.

Respond as you feel compelled to do... I won't be posting in this thread again.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 16:11
    @suzianne said
    Good!
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '22 23:35
    @fmf said
    Yawn. I have been reading what you have said. Suddenly you accept that faith is a function of cognition and your faith is the same as mine was. You're too prideful to concede that you have changed your tune.
    We are all creatures of faith; where we put it can be different, but we all do it. I've
    always acknowledge you had it, just not where you should have.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 00:41
    @kellyjay said
    We are all creatures of faith; where we put it can be different, but we all do it. I've
    always acknowledge you had it, just not where you should have.
    What prideful drivel is this now?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:16
    @fmf said
    What prideful drivel is this now?
    Can you not just talk about things? Does it always have to be wrapped up in insults?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:23
    @kellyjay said
    Can you not just talk about things? Does it always have to be wrapped up in insults?
    Well, I am. I am talking about the thing you said. It's drivel. And I think it's caused by your pride. As for "insults", you constantly belittle yourself, KellyJay.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:27
    @suzianne said
    Even though the 45 pages of this thread make it probably THE worst dumpster fire ever in all these forums, it can still serve as a perfect example of why I no longer post as heavily as I once did in this forum.

For about 2 years, your posts have been the most worthless and silly on this forum, so if you are planning to bow out, good riddance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree