1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 13:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh? So you are not among those who believe in miracles?
    I believe mircles are for today, but there may be those in the forum that may not depending on which denomination/sect one identifies with.

I don't 'believe in miracles' but believe that miracles are an outward result of the goodness of God and should not be a focus but a result of living a life in Christ. If that makes any sense.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 13:48
    Originally posted by leunammi
    I believe mircles are for today, but there may be those in the forum that may not depending on which denomination/sect one identifies with.

I don't 'believe in miracles' but believe that miracles are an outward result of the goodness of God and should not be a focus but a result of living a life in Christ. If that makes any sense.
    Miracles have nothing to do with demonination/sect. It has to do with evidence that it has happened. If anyone sees such evidence then they might believe. A good example are atheist doctors, some of whom may have witnessed a miracle and may come to eventually believe that it is possible.

The problem is that in the last few years you hear more of fake or staged miracles in churches rather than genuine ones.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 13:491 edit
    What are some examples of these miraculous "outward results" that follow those that believe?
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    What are some examples of these miraculous "outward results" that follow those that believe?
    Surely you jest!
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:16
    Surely you jest!
    Surely you dont know what you are talking about. If a man who has lived among these Christians for his entire life and has not seen miracles and has to ask about it then the problem is not with the man but with the claims which Christians are making. Claims have proven over and over to be false.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Miracles have nothing to do with demonination/sect. It has to do with evidence that it has happened. If anyone sees such evidence then they might believe. A good example are atheist doctors, some of whom may have witnessed a miracle and may come to eventually believe that it is possible.

The problem is that in the last few years you hear more of fake or staged miracles in churches rather than genuine ones.
    Do you then believe miracles are not for today? That they have ceased at some point in the past?
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:36
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Surely you dont know what you are talking about. If a man who has lived among these Christians for his entire life and has not seen miracles and has to ask about it then the problem is not with the man but with the claims which Christians are making. Claims have proven over and over to be false.
    I do not believe FMF is sincere in his questioning, I think he looks for a way to poke and make fun, from what I have seen, I don't care to play along.

Incidently, in case you missed it, I have made no claims, just stated what I believe. I agree with you in that there are many false claims of miracles, but that should not detract from those that are real and neither should they become the focus in the Christian walk as they have become with some. That's all I am saying.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 21:38
    I do not believe FMF is sincere in his questioning, I think he looks for a way to poke and make fun, from what I have seen, I don't care to play along.
    You're not the first person to use this complete and utter cop out on what is, lest we forget, a debate and discussion message board.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 21:43
    Incidently, in case you missed it, I have made no claims, just stated what I believe.
    Nonsense. With your first post on this thread you made a claim about miracles and you made a claim about "those that believe".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 21:54
    I agree with you in that there are many false claims of miracles, but that should not detract from those that are real and neither should they become the focus in the Christian walk as they have become with some. That's all I am saying.
    If there are many false claims of miracles, give me some examples of prominent or infamous ones, and give me some examples of those miracles that have been real in your personal experience
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 02:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're not the first person to use this complete and utter cop out on what is, lest we forget, a debate and discussion message board.
    And, again, you use this time-worn alibi as a justification to further your crusade of abuse to yet another Christian.

You desperately need some new tactics. These old ones sound more ridiculous every day.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 02:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And, again, you use this time-worn alibi as a justification to further your crusade of abuse to yet another Christian.

You desperately need some new tactics. These old ones sound more ridiculous every day.
    If you believe in miracles, have there been any in your own direct experience that might provide some proof to substantiate leunammi's claim on page 1?
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 05:103 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    We're all "qualified" to debate and discuss what we want. And the question remains as to whether leunammi has any evidence to offer to back up his assertion.
    And the question I have for you is how would you even know what would constitute evidence of a miracle if you have never seen or experienced one?

What if I told you that every breath I take is a miracle? Or that the existence of life on this planet is a miracle? What would you have to say about that? How would you even know that my assertions are false?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 05:32
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    What if I told you that every breath I take is a miracle?
    I would say I do not agree because it is explicable by natural and scientific laws which means it is not a miracle.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 05:351 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    And the question I have for you is how would you even know what would constitute evidence of a miracle if you have never seen or experienced one?
    What a pity you, leunummi and Suzianne don't want to explain what you think are examples of miracles or offer evidence of them taking place then. Your rather silly questions to me do not constitute a proper conversation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree