1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 21:31
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    You notice someone has left their house while not locking it. Do you consider it ok to take away their stuff because it's better of without them because they can't take proper care of it?
    No. Do you realize that locks work only on the honest?
  2. Joined
    20 Apr '13
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 21:32
    If you leave your money behind anywhere in a public domain, I'm keeping it. A workplace is not a public domain.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 22:14
    Over the past 22+ years, I have engaged in rat ball--- pick-up basketball--- at various courts throughout the US, from the NW to SoCal, Boston, Chicago and for the last ten years, Charlie Brown Cleveland, OH.
    During this time, I have also participated in refereed league play, wherein each team contributes a certain dollar amount to offset the use of refs (typically two or three per game).
    When the ref is part of the game, I have played as such. Meaning: I hold, I set moving pics, I trip, I grab jerseys, or in any other fashion, I make the ref call the offense or use his failure to do so to my team's advantage.
    Why? The ref is part of the game.
    In all other games, I play as though the ref is God who misses nothing. Therefore, even in those instances where no one could possibly know the ball went out after touching me... I give up the ball.

For the Christian, both morals and the law are so inferior to the professional standard of conduct expected of (and provided to) them, they should always conduct themselves according to the rule of rat ball.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 22:29
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Over the past 22+ years, I have engaged in rat ball--- pick-up basketball--- at various courts throughout the US, from the NW to SoCal, Boston, Chicago and for the last ten years, Charlie Brown Cleveland, OH.
    During this time, I have also participated in refereed league play, wherein each team contributes a certain dollar amount to offset the use of refs ...[text shortened]... (and provided to) them, they should always conduct themselves according to the rule of rat ball.
    OK, so if I play basketball with a ref, and I can get in a swift punch to the testicles to incapacitate the other team's best player without the ref noticing, I should do it, right?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 22:381 edit
    While googling "rat ball" I came across this gem.

YouTube

A God-fearing Christian by the sound of it.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 10:16
    Originally posted by apathist
    Wait a minute. Did I get to know those omniscient details when I found the money? In that case I'd go comfort and shelter her while administering first aid and phoning the professionals. And then go pay my rent.

Or do you mean her story had already been processed before I found the money? In that case I'd go pay my rent.

I agree that morality is not an unweird nor a simplistic concept.
    You read about in the local newspaper a day later. You haven't spent the money yet.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 10:17
    Originally posted by apathist
    No. Do you realize that locks work only on the honest?
    No, I don't know that. Please, explain.

Why do you not go into the house?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 10:21
    Originally posted by rohrackerkevin
    If you leave your money behind anywhere in a public domain, I'm keeping it. A workplace is not a public domain.
    People generally don't "leave" their money behind. The lose it. Unintentionally. They made a mistake. It happens. We all make mistakes. Why not simply be kind and give it back?

A car is often left in "the public domain" intentionally. You feel a car can be taken just like that, or is it different?
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 11:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    While googling "rat ball" I came across this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGqwOuUmVIc

A God-fearing Christian by the sound of it.
    When people on here post Youtube videos that contain swear words (like Southpark) they explicitly warn the reader that it contains "bad words", yet a video in which a mouse is hit with a baseball bat apparently doesn't need any type of warning. Wonderful.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 12:35
    Well, he did "swear to fking God," so I guess that makes him a Christian!
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 12:361 edit
    I think you're just sore because it was a mouse.
    [This was in response to the Great King Rat. It's been awhile since I've been on here, so cut me some slack for forgetting how to reply/reply and quote.]
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 12:42
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    OK, so if I play basketball with a ref, and I can get in a swift punch to the testicles to incapacitate the other team's best player without the ref noticing, I should do it, right?
    There is no "should" in that situation, as it pertains to morals.
    The scenario you are creating is one that simply considers repercussions.
    A player who flagrantly abuses another player is in danger of being ejected from the game and/or possibly suspended for an extended period of time... in addition to any possible legal actions taken against them.
    If the player considers the reward worth the risk--- as well as the inevitable reputation which goes along with it--- they will make their decisions accordingly.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 13:02
    I think you're just sore because it was a mouse.
    [This was in response to the Great King Rat. It's been awhile since I've been on here, so cut me some slack for forgetting how to reply/reply and quote.]
    Sorry, too late. A joke very similar to that one was already made by forumclown RJHinds on page 2 of this thread.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 15:50
    There is no "should" in that situation, as it pertains to morals.
    The scenario you are creating is one that simply considers repercussions.
    A player who flagrantly abuses another player is in danger of being ejected from the game and/or possibly suspended for an extended period of time... in addition to any possible legal actions taken against them.
    If ...[text shortened]... he inevitable reputation which goes along with it--- they will make their decisions accordingly.
    I'm talking strategy and not morals for the time being. From what you said, I think the answer is 'yes' - if the ref is part of the game, and you believe you can get away with it, not just with the ref, but with all the other collateral - reputation, etc, you should play dirty. Right?
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 21:45
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'm talking strategy and not morals for the time being. From what you said, I think the answer is 'yes' - if the ref is part of the game, and you believe you can get away with it, not just with the ref, but with all the other collateral - reputation, etc, you should play dirty. Right?
    There is no dirty if there are no morals, right?

What's the old saying? All is fair in love and war?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree