Morals and the law

Morals and the law

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
17 Oct 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Sorry, too late. A joke very similar to that one was already made by forumclown RJHinds on page 2 of this thread.
Are you saying he was prescient?
You didn't make a comment about mice being bludgeoned until this page, thus my reference to your moniker in comparison.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
There is no dirty if there are no morals, right?

What's the old saying? All is fair in love and war?
OK, so why not play rat ball the same way?

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Because without self constraint, the paid referees come in.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by JS357
Because without self constraint, the paid referees come in.
They can afford refs in rat ball? 😕

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Oct 13

When people on here post Youtube videos that contain swear words (like Southpark) they explicitly warn the reader that it contains "bad words", yet a video in which a mouse is hit with a baseball bat apparently doesn't need any type of warning. Wonderful.
Yes I agree

it angers me that sex is taboo for under 18s
but violence is OK

we couldn't possibly blame religion for that could we?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Oct 13

Sorry, too late. A joke very similar to that one was already made by forumclown RJHinds on page 2 of this thread.
The ignominy of being out-witted by RJHinds ... 😞

Infidel

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Yes I agree

it angers me that sex is taboo for under 18s
but violence is OK

we couldn't possibly blame religion for that could we?
Religion can be blamed for a lot of things. It's easy, and often fun to do! However, you thinking it was a good idea to post a link to a video of animal abuse, you can only blame on yourself.

And perhaps your upbringing, I dunno.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Oct 13

Religion can be blamed for a lot of things. It's easy, and often fun to do! However, you thinking it was a good idea to post a link to a video of animal abuse, you can only blame on yourself.

And perhaps your upbringing, I dunno.
I was disgusted by the video. The video is available to all I merely
gave a link. I did not post the video. i wanted to bring it to people's
attention.

Do you think having found it I should keep it secret?

Do you blame your upbringing for your belligerence?

Infidel

Moves
18 Oct 13
1 edit

There are also videos of sexual child abuse available. Should we be able to link to those as well just because they're there anyway??
If you wanted to bring it to people’s attention, you could've simply described the video. Instead you posted a link to it - without warning - giving the makers additional viewers.
Yes, you should've kept it a secret, in that you should not have linked to it.
Not sure my belligerence is because of my upbringing. I don't think so, but I can't rule it out completely. The reason why I brought up your upbringing is because maybe where you're from watching animals getting tortured and killed for fun, is no big deal. That would've partially explained your indifference to posting such an awful video. Without warning.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
It's a completely different game.
Every player is tasked with doing their utmost for the good of their team... within the boundaries of the rules of the game.

When there is no presence of a ref, the players are expected to play as though the ref is omnipresent and omniscient; they hold themselves to the rules without outside coercion.

The presence of a ref changes that completely.
It is the ref's task to catch the infractions, not the player's to refrain from doing so... unless it benefits their team to do so.

Moves
18 Oct 13

Every player is tasked with doing their utmost for the good of their team... within the boundaries of the rules of the game.

When there is no presence of a ref, the players are expected to play as though the ref is omnipresent and omniscient; they hold themselves to the rules without outside coercion.

The presence ...[text shortened]... nfractions, not the player's to refrain from doing so... unless it benefits their team to do so.
Do you carry this approach over to everyday life? Why or why not?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by JS357
Do you carry this approach over to everyday life? Why or why not?
As stated, I approach life as though I'm playing rat ball: the rules of the game are enforced/adhered to by me--- not by an outside force.

I don't require a police officer or threat of censure to keep from from murder/rape/burglary.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 13

The presence of a ref changes that completely.
It is the ref's task to catch the infractions, not the player's to refrain from doing so... unless it benefits their team to do so.
I disagree. Although a ref is there to catch infractions, they remain infractions whether caught or not. Breaking the rules in the presence of a ref is no less morally wrong than breaking them when there is no ref.
I am glad that you don't commit crime when you know there are police officers around and simply brush it off as the police officers fault for not catching you.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Oct 13

The presence ...[text shortened]... nfractions, not the player's to refrain from doing so... unless it benefits their team to do so.
That's not how the games went when I played. There were argued calls, and sometimes there was no other way to resolve them than one side conceding just to keep the dispute from stopping the game. There were also somewhat dishonest players who got away with fouls when they could.

There is no standard expectation of an invisible, omnipresent, omniscient ref. Where would that come from, anyway?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Oct 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I disagree. Although a ref is there to catch infractions, they remain infractions whether caught or not. Breaking the rules in the presence of a ref is no less morally wrong than breaking them when there is no ref.
I am glad that you don't commit crime when you know there are police officers around and simply brush it off as the police officers fault for not catching you.
Not true.

An infraction only becomes one when 1.) observed by a referee; and 2.) recorded by the statistician. Unless and until then, it simply doesn't count.

Morals have nothing to do with it, whatsoever. You may as well as call a player who travels a sinner...