1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:30
    Thanks to bbarr for helping to establish the fact that absolutes do in fact exist.

"Don't be silly. I love absolutes. Here is one:

~(P&~P)."

Anyway, I was thinking about bio matrix(or is that biometrics?) and snow flakes or stripes on zebras.

Isn't it great to know that in this vast universe there are some things that will never change?(There's another one!)

Think of the implications! For example, it makes me wonder how such a thing can be. It's as if one could say that it is all by design. I mean, how can there be absolutes in a universe that came about by random chance?

Please reply. I can't wait to read them. 😉
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    Thanks to bbarr for helping to establish the fact that absolutes do in fact exist.

[b]"Don't be silly. I love absolutes. Here is one:

~(P&~P)."

Anyway, I was thinking about bio matrix(or is that biometrics?) and snow flakes or stripes on zebras.

Isn't it great to know that in this vast universe there are some things that will never change?( ...[text shortened]... niverse that came about by random chance?

Please reply. I can't wait to read them. 😉[/b]
    Who has said that the universe came about by random chance? From my view its highly plausible, even likely that the universe was created by design by a higher power or higher powers. Its just that I don't necessarily believe that Jewish Mythology explains better it than the mythology of any other ancient tribe of people.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:50
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Who has said that the universe came about by random chance? From my view its highly plausible, even likely that the universe was created by design by a higher power or higher powers. Its just that I don't necessarily believe that Jewish Mythology explains better it than the mythology of any other ancient tribe of people.
    "Its just that I don't necessarily believe that Jewish Mythology explains better it than the mythology of any other ancient tribe of people."

That's too bad you don't. But you will once you have gathered enough information. i.e. Correct information or truth.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:56
    "Who has said that the universe came about by random chance?"

It's only logical isn't it? If a creator didn't create all that exists, then the only other option is random chance, no?

At least that's what I used to hear scientist say, that it was by random chance that the universe was formed. But of course I wouldn't be surprised if that idea was being expunged from the record in favor of some more palatable excuse for omitting God. 😕
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:57
    [b]"Its just that I don't necessarily believe that Jewish Mythology explains better it than the mythology of any other ancient tribe of people."

That's too bad you don't. But you will once you have gathered enough information. i.e. Correct information or truth.[/b]
    Oh I see. So exactly what information have I not gathered that will change my mind?
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:59
    [b]"Who has said that the universe came about by random chance?"

It's only logical isn't it? If a creator didn't create all that exists, then the only other option is random chance, no?

At least that's what I used to hear scientist say, that it was by random chance that the universe was formed. But of course I wouldn't be surprised if that idea w ...[text shortened]... eing expunged from the record in favor of some more palatable excuse for omitting God. 😕[/b]
    Well on this much we agree. I don't see how scientists can explain the creation of the universe any better than a religous person. Sure you can argue the big bang theory. But who or what created the energy and matter necessary to launch the big bang?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:59
    How do you think everything came into being?
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you think everything came into being?
    Kelly
    I don't really know any more than you do.

As far as I'm concerned the mythology of Ginungagap is as valid as Genesis.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:01
    Well on this much we agree. I don't see how scientists can explain the creation of the universe any better than a religous person. Sure you can argue the big bang theory. But who or what created the energy and matter necessary to launch the big bang?
    But who or what created the energy and matter necessary to launch the big bang?

For me that is the question, if there was ever a time where nothing was, than
    where did it all come from?
    Kelly
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:05
    Oh I see. So exactly what information have I not gathered that will change my mind?
    God's. You'll find it in His son Jesus.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:051 edit
    Think of the implications! For example, it makes me wonder how such a thing can be. It's as if one could say that it is all by design. I mean, how can there be absolutes in a universe that came about by random chance?
    Why should absolutes not exist? What is the connection?
    And what does "came about by random chance" really mean? Surely the laws of probability (chance) are absolutes too?
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:05
    [b]But who or what created the energy and matter necessary to launch the big bang?

Kelly[/b]
    And to confound things even more, if there is in fact a God (as in the Christian God) that created all that exists then who or what created God? It simply can't be answered by us at this time. Thus all of us: Christians, atheists, Muslims, heathens, and so on are all equally clueless.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:06
    I don't really know any more than you do.

As far as I'm concerned the mythology of Ginungagap is as valid as Genesis.
    I had to look up Ginungagap and seeing life created "Ymir", yea I don't think
    I can agree with you that these are both equally valid.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:06
    God's. You'll find it in His son Jesus.
    I've already been introduced to Jesus many times. The information is not new to me. I've chosen a different path.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 16:07
    Kelly
    And I don't think it is logically possible to have both time and nothing. Time only exists as a dimension of something (space).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree