1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 00:02
    The fact that there are billions of people into organized religions proves humans are not as smart as they are cracked up to be. I mean, to be totally duped by those asssholes writing fairy tales 3 and 4 thousand years ago and 1500 years ago and billions of people are STILL totally duped by all that rampant BS?

I think Bonobo's are more intelligent.

And we think we can do something about man made global warming when we still believe in invisible non-attendant boo boo fixers?

If the 20th century sucked, the 22nd century is going to be REALLY bad, like billions of people starving when the land is too screwed up to grow crops. Who you gonna pray to THEN? Rot's o ruck on that one.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 00:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The fact that there are billions of people into organized religions proves humans are not as smart as they are cracked up to be. I mean, to be totally duped by those asssholes writing fairy tales 3 and 4 thousand years ago and 1500 years ago and billions of people are STILL totally duped by all that rampant BS?

...[text shortened]... the land is too screwed up to grow crops. Who you gonna pray to THEN? Rot's o ruck on that one.
    Sigh. Not this thread again.

There won't BE a 22nd century "then". We're not even making it out of this century. In fact, I'd frankly be surprised to see 2050.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 00:224 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne

There won't BE a 22nd century "then". We're not even making it out of this century. In fact, I'd frankly be surprised to see 2050.
    Which goes to my theme, exactly what will your 'god' do about that? Fix all the boo boo's? No, your alleged god will do exactly nothing and if the whole human race offs itself, tough luck. Where will your so called god be then? Or any of the other, what 10 billion others? Hindu, Islam, Christian, Jews, Jaynes, Rasta's, Pastafarians🙂 or any of the other so-called gods. You know, the ones with human attributes. That is the biggest joke of all time. A GOD that acts like a human. COSMIC joke.

There will be a 22nd century and a 23rd and 24th. The PLANET will for sure still be here and if humanity offs itself Earth will repair itself and things will be back to more or less normal in a couple thousand years, there just won't be much in the way of humans around then. Also not much of any of the so-called religions either if there ARE a few hundred humans left in century 24.

Oh, wait, I forgot. CHRISTIANS will all be in heaven, too bad for everyone else.....

pardon me while I puke.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 00:47

Your belief in an impending apocalypse both baffles and troubles me.

I fully intend to see the year 3014, and beyond.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 01:112 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Your belief in an impending apocalypse both baffles and troubles me.

I fully intend to see the year 3014, and beyond.
    You are of course assuming civilization as a whole solves the impending global crisis which will intimately effect every human on the planet and not in a good way?

I suspect her belief in an impending apocalypse stems from the 'last days' thing of the bible. If it is the last days, there for sure won't be a boo boo fixer at the end of the story, only dead humans.

I notice there is not the usual cadre of ultra religious folk refuting my every word here🙂
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 09:38

...[text shortened]... the land is too screwed up to grow crops. Who you gonna pray to THEN? Rot's o ruck on that one.
    Look sonhouse I think your a thick prick for allowing your computer to be systematically raped by every electronic virus that passes by, but I don't keep on and on about it do I.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 10:37

http://www.cracked.com/article_20731_5-amazing-pieces-good-news-nobody-reporting.html

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-6-most-uplifting-facts-about-human-race/

you watch too many crappy apocalypse movies and it got you depressed and pessimistic.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 12:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20731_5-amazing-pieces-good-news-nobody-reporting.html

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-6-most-uplifting-facts-about-human-race/

you watch too many crappy apocalypse movies and it got you depressed and pessimistic.
    Indeed...

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424053111904106704576583203589408180
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 17:32
    Which goes to my theme, exactly what will your 'god' do about that? Fix all the boo boo's? No, your alleged god will do exactly nothing and if the whole human race offs itself, tough luck. Where will your so called god be then? Or any of the other, what 10 billion others? Hindu, Islam, Christian, Jews, Jaynes, Rasta's, Pastafarians🙂 or any of the other so- ...[text shortened]... got. CHRISTIANS will all be in heaven, too bad for everyone else.....

pardon me while I puke.
    No, let me be perfectly clear. There will be a seven-year Tribulation period as set forth in Revelation, during which, the AntiChrist will rise and try to ensnare (via the 'mark of the beast' and other deceptions) all the humans left to his side, ultimately for a final battle of good vs. evil. Before the Tribulation, however, there will be a run-up, during which things will continue to get worse for humans, a period that you yourself have foreseen including earth changes (seismic and weather), catastrophic global warming, worldwide crop failures, worldwide freshwater contamination, plagues and pestilence, all culminating in the appearance of the AntiChrist, who will ease the global human suffering caused by these things for a short time. He will be like a savior, and cause many to worship him, but he will in fact be the Beast, as foretold in Revelation, resulting in a worldwide holocaust of the slaughter of Christians by the millions. Eventually, at the end of the Tribulation period, the Beast will try to attack Israel with the combined armies of the world, but at this last moment, Jesus Christ will return as the Avenging Messiah Israel has been waiting for, finally vanquishing Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet, and Evil and Death and, following the Judgement of Man, heralding the establishment of a New Age, the Kingdom of God on a restored Earth.

Disclaimer: Of course, this is my belief. Your mileage may vary. 😛
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 17:43
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    No, I read the Bible and I know how the end goes.

Because of this, I am faithful and hopeful for humanity. Even though I won't be here to personally witness the return of the risen Christ, it will be glorious indeed, and the establishment of the Kingdom of God *will* be an amazing thing.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 17:57

Because of this, I am faithful and hopeful for humanity. Even though I won't be here to personally witness the return of the risen Christ, it will be glorious indeed, and the establishment of the Kingdom of God *will* be an amazing thing.
    how do you know you wont be here, no one knows the day or the hour.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 22:42

At least we will witness it all from heaven, right?
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 22:48
    No, let me be perfectly clear. There will be a seven-year Tribulation period as set forth in Revelation, during which, the AntiChrist will rise and try to ensnare (via the 'mark of the beast' and other deceptions) all the humans left to his side, ultimately for a final battle of good vs. evil. Before the Tribulation, however, there will be a run-up, durin ...[text shortened]... od on a restored Earth.

Disclaimer: Of course, this is my belief. Your mileage may vary. 😛
    Whenever I here someone explaining this I think that it's a plot from a bad
    90's distopian action movie.... With the lead probably played by Kurt Russell.

The fact that people genuinely believe this tripe is deeply disturbing.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 23:09
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Whenever I here someone explaining this I think that it's a plot from a bad
    90's distopian action movie.... With the lead probably played by Kurt Russell.

The fact that people genuinely believe this tripe is deeply disturbing.
    Indeed. 2000 years after JC and the boys and more than that for the originator of this version of the religion, Judaism, which was just plagiarized from much earlier ones, they didn't even have the creativity to come up with their own stupid fairy tales, just used paved over crap even older than Judaism. So here we are literally thousands of years later with something like 300 years of significant growth in science and technology yet in spite of that the fairy tales go on duping people by the billions.

Really puts a damper on the idea that humans are the most advanced intelligence on the planet, doesn't it.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 00:162 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how do you know you wont be here, no one knows the day or the hour.
    We may not "know the day nor the hour", BUT take heed of Matthew 24:33:

"So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

To paraphrase from Daniel, I can see the writing on the wall.

Even so, Matthew 24:15 speaks of the "abomination of desolation standing in the holy place", I believe this is the AntiChrist, on the Temple Mount, announcing a peace treaty with Israel and the rebuilding of the Temple. When we see this, know that the end is nigh.

Still, many troubles will come before this. I have type 1 diabetes, and must take insulin daily. If we have a societal malfunction, even just a severe financial one, I could be in critical danger if I can't get my insulin. Many of the elderly and medically critical would be the first to go if we have a societal breakdown resulting in a suspension of commerce and/or services. Any kind of 'doomsday scenario' doesn't look very good for me, at all. And then, there's what I call the 'Christian Holocaust' coming where Christians will be hunted and executed to near extinction. I don't expect to escape that, even if I do manage to survive the medical issues. So I don't expect to be alive to personally witness the return of Christ, even though I expect it to happen well within my expected normal lifetime.

I could be way off, and I may live a completely normal lifespan before the end comes. I just see that as unlikely, given the current state of the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree