1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 00:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Indeed. 2000 years after JC and the boys and more than that for the originator of this version of the religion, Judaism, which was just plagiarized from much earlier ones, they didn't even have the creativity to come up with their own stupid fairy tales, just used paved over crap even older than Judaism. So here we are literally thousands of years later wit ...[text shortened]... s a damper on the idea that humans are the most advanced intelligence on the planet, doesn't it.
    We have too many like you.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 00:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We have too many like you.
    All we can do is continue our ministry, saving who we can, until the end.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 00:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, I read the Bible and I know how the end goes.

Because of this, I am faithful and hopeful for humanity. Even though I won't be here to personally witness the return of the risen Christ, it will be glorious indeed, and the establishment of the Kingdom of God *will* be an amazing thing.
    we have been through this. you read the bible and you accept what is relevant. why do you think the apocalypse is relevant? why would it be necessary?

just as the message of jesus is in no way improved by the nonsense of adam and eve and noah's ark, so it is not improved (in fact it is damaged) by the ravings of a senile John (or whoever wrote the revelations). if not for some catholics, (who seriously considered leaving revelations out of the bible) we wouldn't even have that horrific story
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 00:58
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    we have been through this. you read the bible and you accept what is relevant. why do you think the apocalypse is relevant? why would it be necessary?

just as the message of jesus is in no way improved by the nonsense of adam and eve and noah's ark, so it is not improved (in fact it is damaged) by the ravings of a senile John (or whoever wrote the re ...[text shortened]... ously considered leaving revelations out of the bible) we wouldn't even have that horrific story
    But I find it necessary to my belief. It lends a reason for everything else in the Bible. It is, as they say, the final chapter, the ultimate denouement. Surely, evil must be finally defeated, otherwise, what is the point, and where, exactly, is the "Good News"?
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 01:45
    But I find it necessary to my belief. It lends a reason for everything else in the Bible. It is, as they say, the final chapter, the ultimate denouement. Surely, evil must be finally defeated, otherwise, what is the point, and where, exactly, is the "Good News"?
    We are not living in a story, the universe has no requirement to be nice or just.

You are believing stuff simply because you want it to be so.

And this is precisely what is wrong with believing things based on faith.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 02:361 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    We are not living in a story, the universe has no requirement to be nice or just.

You are believing stuff simply because you want it to be so.

And this is precisely what is wrong with believing things based on faith.
    No, it goes far beyond merely "wanting" it to be so. I "believe" it to be so. I have seen and heard enough to come to this conclusion through the filter of what else I "believe" to be so, just like everyone else. Atheists wish Christians would respect their positions. I, too, wish atheists would respect my position. I didn't just pull it out of a Cracker-Jack box.

And oh, btw, we ARE living in a story, when that story is called HISTORY.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 02:47
    No, it goes far beyond merely "wanting" it to be so. I "believe" it to be so. I have seen and heard enough to come to this conclusion through the filter of what else I "believe" to be so, just like everyone else. Atheists wish Christians would respect their positions. I, too, wish atheists would respect my position. I didn't just pull it out of a Cracker-Jack box.

And oh, btw, we ARE living in a story, when that story is called HISTORY.
    And HIS probably refers to GOD.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 11:47
    it is necessary for the faith of love and compassion that the world be ended in torment and bloodshed? can't it be over by porky pig appearing in the sky and saying "that's all folks!"?

or better yet, why must it be done at all? why shouldn't humanity be allowed to be all that it can be? to discover, to travel to the stars?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 13:09
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it is necessary for the faith of love and compassion that the world be ended in torment and bloodshed? can't it be over by porky pig appearing in the sky and saying "that's all folks!"?

or better yet, why must it be done at all? why shouldn't humanity be allowed to be all that it can be? to discover, to travel to the stars?
    HIStory of the earth.

YouTube
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 16:131 edit
    HIStory of the earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j_lA9eWlFQ
    More opinion pieces. Enough with the BS so-called creationist science crap.

Dino's walking around 4500 years ago. Excuse me while I puke.

That is not even enough of an argument to even mount a defense.

Just more creationist politicizing to get weak minded converts in their vain attempt to force creationism to be taught along side evolution or better yet, ban evolution from being taught at all. Yeah, that would REALLY put the US on the fast track to get back to #1 in science as seen in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Nice going RJ, add to the misery of the world, put out more BS to confuse the minds of weak people.

Of course, that is your purpose, you are not exactly subtle about it either.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 16:52
    More opinion pieces. Enough with the BS so-called creationist science crap.

Dino's walking around 4500 years ago. Excuse me while I puke.

That is not even enough of an argument to even mount a defense.

Just more creationist politicizing to get weak minded converts in their vain attempt to force creationism to be taught along side evolution or bette ...[text shortened]... of weak people.

Of course, that is your purpose, you are not exactly subtle about it either.
    You pick out one little thing you disagree with and forget about the rest. Is that the way an open minded scientist should approach a subject? I hope not.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 17:05
    You pick out one little thing you disagree with and forget about the rest. Is that the way an open minded scientist should approach a subject? I hope not.
    Ah, one little thing. Dino's walking around 4500 years ago. Picky Picky me.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:08
    Ah, one little thing. Dino's walking around 4500 years ago. Picky Picky me.
    We were not there so we don't know if they were there or not. The footprints look like they could be dinosaurs.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:17
    how can evil ever be defeated if we have freewill?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:50
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    how can evil ever be defeated if we have freewill?
    Christ defeats evil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree