1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 06:22
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I've yet to witness an atheist arguing with a god.
    Have you?
    He said argue against. Not argue with. So there may be a difference.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 15:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that is nonsense. you are letting inconsequential information cloud your judgement. my argument stands whether i am an atheist or a christian. would it be changed by what i claim to believe?

in debating exercises, participants often take stances they don't believe in and are trained to argue to the best of their ability.

in short, don't debate your o ...[text shortened]... id, do i need to reiterate my point? what is the motive of ending humanity in a gruesome manner?
    I don't debate ideas or arguments, I debate people. Actually I wouldn't even use the term debate, it doesn't accurately describe what I feel I'm doing. I'm not just accumulating points for a class I'm taking. I am presenting my point-of-view, not just flapping my jaw for the stimulation of it.

If you don't want to discuss this with a human and just want to blather on, despite what you actually believe, then maybe an online forum is not for you.

I'll repeat for you what I told GF some time ago. I might actually respond to you if I thought you actually gave even the tiniest damn possible. If you don't really care to argue from your belief, if this is just an exercise for you, then go joust with someone else, I'm not interested in jousting.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 16:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't debate ideas or arguments, I debate people. Actually I wouldn't even use the term debate, it doesn't accurately describe what I feel I'm doing. I'm not just accumulating points for a class I'm taking. I am presenting my point-of-view, not just flapping my jaw for the stimulation of it.

If you don't want to discuss this with a human and just wa ...[text shortened]... is is just an exercise for you, then go joust with someone else, I'm not interested in jousting.
    And I will ask the same question I did then.

What is it you think I don't care about?

If you think I don't care about these issues then you're have even less clue about me than I thought you did.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 17:282 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    And I will ask the same question I did then.

What is it you think I don't care about?

If you think I don't care about these issues then you're have even less clue about me than I thought you did.
    When I said that I was talking about you not caring even one little iota about what we were talking about. The fact that you don't remember what it is says I was right. The fact that I said that at the time, and you still were asking me what I thought you didn't care about also says I was right. And I thought that much was obvious at the time. That's why I didn't even bother responding.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 17:43
    When I said that I was talking about you not caring even one little iota about what we were talking about. The fact that you don't remember what it is says I was right. The fact that I said that at the time, and you still were asking me what I thought you didn't care about also says I was right. And I thought that much was obvious at the time. That's why I didn't even bother responding.
    Suzianne... Let me make this clear to you.

If I don't care I don't post. Period.

I asked because I really had no clue what you were on about.

Of course I cared about the questions I asked otherwise I wouldn't have asked them.

If you think something is obvious that might be simply because YOU know what it is
    you were talking about. It might not be obvious from reading your posts without
    the benefit of being a mind reader.

So would you like to stop making assumptions about me which bare no resemblance to
    reality, and if you don't know ASK.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 22:37

If you don't want to discuss this with a human and just wa ...[text shortened]... is is just an exercise for you, then go joust with someone else, I'm not interested in jousting.
    so no matter what the other person says, you will judge him by what your opinion is of him?

i actually was very honest in my opinion. i don't troll, whatever i argue, it is in earnest. out of nowhere you demanded to know my "credentials" as if i need to declare allegiance to a camp to hold an opinion.

no, i don't argue the person. i will listen to rjhinds, robbie or even dasa if they offer a good opinion and not just preaching, no matter what my opinion is of them. if tomorrow rjhinds suddenly starts making sense by magic, i will debate him.

it is a shame how you got all defensive here. i thought better of you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree