1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 05:531 edit
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    the mormons use the king james version as official canon. before his death joseph smith was editing the kjv to show a newer understanding but the work was not completed before his murder at carthage. i agree that lds does not accept the bible in the way that say the southern baptist would. the book of mormon and the other parts of the lds canon would int ...[text shortened]... ption but not at the birth of christ. a very fundamental difference with mainline christianity.
    The Mormons would use the Inspired Version of the KJ Bible had Emma Smith not socked it away and taken the copies of it. They are in the possession of The Community of Christ, formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The original (copies) that she took are at the temple in Independence, MO. They do use that version along with many others; sticking to just the one version is not a big deal with them.

It would appear that using Joseph Smith's inspired words and writings are fine and dandy unless they come into the possession of the enemy and rival. It did not fit Brigham Young's play for control of the church and was thus discarded.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree