1. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 02:07
    Originally posted by @sonship
    All such questions about his personal practices he doesn't discuss. That is unless he is boasting that he trusts no churches.

No helpful personal experience or personal experience nearly of any kind, does he write about here.
    You are the perfect goat sonship . you sound like these jokers here

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    (Matthew 25:44 KJV)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 03:201 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You are the perfect goat sonship . you sound like these jokers here

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    (Matthew 25:44 KJV)
    No I don't, blind teacher.

I know that the way I treat a fellow Christian is being done to the Lord. I know that by reading about Saul persecuting the church.

"Saul, Saul, Why do you persecute Me?"

I know that each brother and sister in Christ is a member of Christ. And I fear how I might treat them too - down to the least of them.

And once again, though you won't get it, the SHEEP of that passage are not the disciple SHEEP. They are the nations, the Gentiles who are "the sheep of His hand" as in Psalm 100.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 03:34
    Originally posted by @apathist
    This kind of weird focus on the bible leads to kool-aid.
    “Kool-aid” why do Americans keep talking about kool aid when they are implying that someone is swallowing a story or ploy?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 04:112 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    “Kool-aid” why do Americans keep talking about kool aid when they are implying that someone is swallowing a story or ploy?
    This is a reference to what happened in Jonestown in 1977 or '78, when poisoned Kool-aid was given to Jim Jones' faithful, telling them it was time to "see God", or some such.

I'm sure all the details are on Wikipedia or somewhere.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 04:15
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    This is a reference to what happened in Jonestown in 1977 or '78, when poisoned Kool-aid was given to Jim Jones' faithful, telling them it was time to "see God", or some such.

I'm sure all the details are on Wikipedia or somewhere.
    Right on, Suzy Q!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 06:521 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    To add a little to what Suzziane wrote -

Just like in 9/11 something dreadful occurred which was exploited by atheist in the US, so in the late 70s something happened that was exploited by cult fighters.

At 9/11 the religious radicals rammed jet planes into sky scrapers in New York. The repugnant act was a trigger for Atheists to rise up and say "Now is the time for us to utilize this tragedy to wipe out all theistic religions as dangerous fanatical enemies of society. This is our moment !"

Well in the late 70s a cult leader Jim Jones who had his "flock" living away in the jungles of South America led 800 or so into a mass suicide. The authorities were closing in. And he rather kill them all and himself with poisoned kool-aid.

That tragedy also became a rallying cry for all kinds of cult fighting groups - "Now's our time. Now we can rise up and exterminate all the groups we don't like."

Cult fighting, deprogramming, and alternative religion exterminating became a real hot item. Ie. "If we can draw a parallel between YOU and Jim Jones in any remote way, you're toast. "

With 9/11 the New Atheism enjoyed the bounce.
    With the Jim Jones event cult fighting enjoyed the bounce.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 06:56
    At 9/11 the religious radicals rammed jet planes into sky scrapers in New York. The repugnant act was a trigger for Atheists to rise up and say "Now is the time for us to utilize this tragedy to wipe out all theistic religions as dangerous fanatical enemies of society. This is our moment !"
    How many of these "Atheists" - with a capital A - were involved in this supposed attempt to "wipe out all theistic religions"?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:00
    Originally posted by @fmf
    How many of these "Atheists" - with a capital A - were involved in this supposed attempt to "wipe out all theistic religions"?
    Some. Some who were more vocal.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:03
    [b]This is a reference to what happened in Jonestown in 1977 or '78, when poisoned Kool-aid was given to Jim Jones' faithful, telling them it was time to "see God", or some such.b]
    I would have thought apathist was referencing LSD-laced Kool-aid antics in the late 60s and therefore analogizing communal religious activity with people partaking in communal psychedelic trips. You think apathist had in mind what happened in Jonestown where hundreds of people commited suicide?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:04
    Some. Some who were more vocal.
    How many of these "Atheists" tried to "wipe out all theistic religions"? Less than 10. Between 11 and 100? Were they armed? If they were politicians, who were they? What laws did they pass?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:221 edit
    I would have thought apathist was referencing LSD-laced Kool-aid antics in the late 60s and therefore analogizing communal religious activity with people partaking in communal psychedelic trips. You think apathist had in mind what happened in Jonestown where hundreds of people commited suicide?
    Ummmmm, no, trust me, it had nothing to do with LSD. The Jonestown "Kool-aid" incident is well-ingrained in the American subconscious. While they may not have it "in mind" when they mention it, the incident IS the reference to all mentions of "drinking the Kool-aid" in America.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:26
    Ummmmm, no, trust me, it had nothing to do with LSD. The Jonestown "Kool-aid" incident is well-ingrained in the American subconscious. While they may not have it "in mind" when they mention it, the incident IS the reference to all mentions of "drinking the Kool-aid" in America.
    I think you may be mistaken. Americans I've talked to almost always use drinking the "Kool-Aid" as a metaphor for halucinating or having 'crazy' thoughts and not anything to do with mass murder-suicide. It's a reference to taking LSD and not a reference to being poisoned by a cult.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:311 edit
    I think you may be mistaken. Americans I've talked to almost always use drinking the "Kool-Aid" as a metaphor for halucinating or having 'crazy' thoughts and not anything to do with mass murder-suicide. It's a reference to taking LSD and not a reference to being poisoned by a cult.
    No, you are wrong, deal with it.

You have ALWAYS been abysmal at sussing out the actual reasons for most human interactions. I'm not sure why this is.

I'm leaning towards it has to do with your high imperative to always, always be right, even when you are totally, embarrassingly off-target.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:35
    How many of these "Atheists" tried to "wipe out all theistic religions"? Less than 10. Between 11 and 100? Were they armed? If they were politicians, who were they? What laws did they pass?
    Some. Some who were more vocal. That's your answer.

Just like SOME Christians participate here.
    And SOME agnostics participate here.
    And SOME Zen Buddhists participate here.
    And SOME Atheists participate here.
    And SOME trolls participate here.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:40
    No, you are wrong, deal with it.

You have ALWAYS been abysmal at sussing out the actual reasons for most human interactions. I'm not sure why this is.
    Kool-Aid was used in the late 60s and people drank it in order to consume acid/LSD. I've never heard any American use the expression to invoke memories od mass murder or mass suicides. The reference is about the effectc of narcotics on the brain and one's thoughts, and not a reference to people being poisoned to death. They were talking about drinking the Kool-Aid in West Coast psychedelic circles way back in the 60s. The Tom Wolfe's "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" came out in 1968. And Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters were experimenting with LSD as far back as 1964 or 65 I think. Talk of drinking the Kool-Aid - or tricking people into drinking - was common in Grateful Dead circles before 1970. They were even involved in the "Acid Tests". The reference to Kool-Aid is a reference to tripping and not murder and suicide.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree