1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:41
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
    People referring to halucinations not mass murder-suicide. It goes back 10 or more years before Jonestown.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 07:431 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    At 9/11 the religious radicals rammed jet planes into sky scrapers in New York. The repugnant act was a trigger for Atheists to rise up and say "Now is the time for us to utilize this tragedy to wipe out all theistic religions as dangerous fanatical enemies of society. This is our moment !"
    Did some people post some YouTube clips you disagreed with after 9/11, is that what you are on about?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 08:02
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    This is a reference to what happened in Jonestown in 1977 or '78, when poisoned Kool-aid was given to Jim Jones' faithful, telling them it was time to "see God", or some such.
    If apathist was referencing mass murder-suicide then so be it. It makes what he said a bit of an obnoxious cheap shot. I haven't heard it used that way before: it's always been a reference to imbibing psychedelics and not imbibing poison. If that, however, was the kind of blow apathist was trying to land here in this forum - that people's focus on their holy scriptures can be smeared amnd dismissed as something that leads to murder and suicide, then I just think he's being a jerk and trying to provoke a reaction.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 10:37
    Some. Some who were more vocal. That's your answer.

Just like SOME Christians participate here.
    And SOME agnostics participate here.
    And SOME Zen Buddhists participate here.
    And SOME Atheists participate here.
    And SOME trolls participate here.
    Would you place Romans in that last category, bearing in mind his blatant trolling of individual posters who have ignored him for months and his endless spamming of every thread in sight,...or is him exempt for such a troll label due to being a 'useful Christian' who predominantly trolls the people who disagree with you?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 15:09
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Would you place Romans in that last category, bearing in mind his blatant trolling of individual posters who have ignored him for months and his endless spamming of every thread in sight,...or is him exempt for such a troll label due to being a 'useful Christian' who predominantly trolls the people who disagree with you?
    Never mind. He's toast anyway.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 19:42
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Never mind. He's toast anyway.
    You wish, faker.

But I’ve upped the ante. I’ll leave once divegeester goes back to posting as himself instead of his fake girlfriend AND you admit the truth - you don’t have a theology degree nor do you manage a team of mental health professionals.

Just admit you have a degree in trolling, suffer from antisocial personality disorder and schizophrenia and are managed by mental health professionals.

dive told the truth through his “girlfriend” when “she” said he wasn’t a Christian. It’s time for you to ‘fess up as well, faker.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 12:412 edits
    God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth. As you are in spirit with His Spirit and in truth, you may use your mouth all the more to praise and worship God.

"Therefore with joy you will draw water from the springs of salvation,

And you will say in that day Give thanks to Jehovah, Call upon His name!

Make His deeds known among the peoples; Remind them that His name is exalted

Sing psalms to Jehovah, for He has done something majestic. Let it be known in all the earth!

Cry out and give a ringing shout, O inhabitant of Zion. For great is the Holy One of Israel." (Isaiah 12:3-6)
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 13:111 edit
    The Apostle Paul very much encouraged worshiping God in Spirit with the mouth for the building up of the local church.

Rajk999 has an opportunity to thoroughly trounce me here. Now you all don't be too gleeful about it. Let me down easy now. OK?
    Well yes It's a terrible title for a thread . No context

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree