1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    05 May '14 21:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]My Friends, I'm Dying... (OP)

And, yes, so are each you... as are our friends and family members. We're all dying gradually and imperceptibly at the rate of one second every minute of every hour of each day. During our waking hours there are only three spheres to think about and reflect on: 1) The past with its memories, fragrant and otherwi ...[text shortened]... moral fvck" mother's son from Boston happens to care about Great King Rat's eternal destination.[/b]
    Last ever response from me to you: you're going on my banned list.

First one ever, congratulations.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:01
    Originally posted by Great King Rat

"Shameless, classless, amoral fvck" mother's son from Boston still cares about Great King Rat's eternal destination."
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:06

I also suggest the "RHP 2013 GBAway" script as a browser add-on, if you use Chrome or Firefox.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:313 edits

RHP Heaven Thread 158776 (OP)

Since each of us have made a date documented decision to accept the Red Hot Pawn Membership Terms of Service on the day of joining, we've all by definition become Members of Russ' Online Correspondence Chess Site Family. Imagine that this entire family will be transported to RHP Heaven one by one on the day of our last chess move or public forum post. Provision has been made to allow each family member to bring up to three items along. What if anything would you bring and why?

A contract to be signed by god stating that all those currently suffering in hell will be granted permission to come to heaven, and hell will be closed down for good.

Actually, it was only one. The "closing down hell" part was within the contract.

*Number two? I dunno... a plant maybe. Not sure if there are plants in heaven. Plants are always nice.

How about pets? Do you get reunited with your pets in heaven?

"a plant"... sure; only one? Would you also like to be able to stroll over from the GKR Mansion to the Gazebo in the RHP Paradise Gardens? Also, since RHP Heaven will be perfect, your plant won't even know the meaning of the word "weeds".

There's nothing wrong with weeds, only when there's too much of it. Dandelion is considered a weed, but did you know it might be an excellent alternative source for rubber production?

Perfection is boring. Give me imperfections any day of the week.

Interesting points. My Swedish Maternal Grandmother made Dandelion Wine in their 'cellar' [basement wasn't yet in vogue] as well as hand soap from and the excess fat of meat roasts and lye. Dandelion weed as "an excellent alternative source for rubber production" wouldn't surprise me. Perfections are often more "boring" than imperfections in the human realm.

Note: It seems to me that we seek stimulating "imperfections" and novel wrinkles in persons, places and things because human capacities are at some point self limiting and finite. In RHP Heaven happiness options are infinitely possible.

What an awful idea. Imagine a slotmachine that always pays out. Imagine everything you try instantly succeeds. Imagine there's nothing left to learn, nothing left to discover. The sun always shines, everything always goes exactly as planned. No need to set aims, no need to better yourself. Every chess game ends in a draw.

Sounds like hell to me.

"In RHP Heaven happiness options are infinitely possible." in no way suggests any option or activity, tranquility of mind or ecstatic experience per se. As the Head of our family in RHP Heaven, Russ will have prepared an environment of enjoyment well beyond our present ability to correlate with April 11, 2014 online here on planet earth or imagine. Your, "Imagine a slotmachine that always pays out. Imagine everything you try instantly succeeds. Imagine there's nothing left to learn, nothing left to discover. The sun always shines, everything always goes exactly as planned. No need to set aims, no need to better yourself. Every chess game ends in a draw." description superimposes your earthly expectation on Russ' Design. "Sounds like hell to me." We agree that a less than alternative even to what we have now would be dreadful indeed.

GKR, I've never been able to forget your tender sentiment: "*Number two? I dunno... a plant maybe." and think of it often.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '14 23:10
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I also suggest the "RHP 2013 GBAway" script as a browser add-on, if you use Chrome or Firefox.
    Hey, Big DoggP, would you save one for gb if or whenever he's having a bad day?
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 May '14 23:16
    Hey, Big DoggP, would you save one for gb if or whenever he's having a bad day?
    Save a script? Sure. You can use that one if you wish. Just because it's named after you does not mean you can't use it. You can even use it to block my posts, if you so desire. πŸ™‚
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 May '14 23:24
    You and I will continue our conversation in heaven.
    How's that supposed to work? Only a few weeks ago you were posting incessantly across several threads about how unbelievers were going to burn in agony for eternity. It's as if you just make it up ~ as long as it draws attention to you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 May '14 23:41
    Originally posted by CalJust
    But on a more serious note - my more important question to you would be: How much serious thought do YOU give to the here-and-now, for which we have really clear instructions, i.e. compassion, acceptance of others, caring for the weak....
    As for "the here-and-now", in so far as religiosity might cause one to interact with others in a positive way [as sonship implied with a reply-&-link to me on the "Life" thread], then that is all well and good, but where religiosity is adopted as the substance of ~ or purpose in ~ life, in and of itself [with much "serious thought" being applied to the question of "eternity"] ~ including coping with the finality of death by convincing oneself one is immortal ~ then I personally see it as a self-indulgent squandering of the capacity of the human spirit.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '14 23:48
    Save a script? Sure. You can use that one if you wish. Just because it's named after you does not mean you can't use it. You can even use it to block my posts, if you so desire. πŸ™‚
    Terrific. How would I access it? "You can even use it to block my posts, if you so desire." Nah. Mature Big Doggs I like...
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '14 01:21
    Terrific. How would I access it? "You can even use it to block my posts, if you so desire." Nah. Mature Big Doggs I like...
    You click the GREASEMONKEY link on the page I gave if you have firefox. If you have Chrome, click the TAMPERMONKEY link. If you have Internet Explorer, sorry; no script for you, game over, thanks for playing.

Once you have GM or TM, click the RHP 2013 GBAWAY link and the script will be installed. After it is installed, you will notice a new button on every posts, with the text BLOCK POSTS! As you might think, clicking this button on someone's post hides all of that someone's posts across all RHP forums.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '14 01:27
    You click the GREASEMONKEY link on the page I gave if you have firefox. If you have Chrome, click the TAMPERMONKEY link. If you have Internet Explorer, sorry; no script for you, game over, thanks for playing.

Once you have GM or TM, click the RHP 2013 GBAWAY link and the script will be installed. After it is installed, you will notice a new button ...[text shortened]... clicking this button on someone's post hides all of that someone's posts across all RHP forums.
    Explorer 10....
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 May '14 10:41
    Unfortunately I mostly browse using my Ipad's browser, so I'll still see his crap. Such is life.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 May '14 10:59
    Explorer 10....
    Well... There's your problem.

First, if your OS supports ie10 then it supports ie11, and you should update.

Second, if you haven't bothered updating your browser it's almost certainly
    vulnerable to numerous hacks, including the fun recent one that allows people
    to take complete remote control of your pc.

Third, download Firefox, install, win.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '14 16:04
    Unfortunately I mostly browse using my Ipad's browser, so I'll still see his crap. Such is life.

GKR, since there's a diminished response to a constant stimulus and since you're unable to enjoy the benefits of using the "RHP 2013 GBAWAY link", how about a simulated week free of "his crap" in deference to your wishes. Please water the plant.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 May '14 17:31
    RE: Paul Gauguin's Painting in the Boston Museum: "Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?" I offer the following anecdote from Africa:
    Young boy to his other: Mom, where do we come from?
    Mother: We come from dust.
    Boy goes away to ponder. Some days later he comes back with another question.
    Young boy to mother: Mom, where do we go?
    Mother: We return to dust.
    Boy goes away to ponder. Some days later he comes back with another question.
    Young boy to mother: Mom, I just looked under my bed. It's full of dust! Are all those people coming or going??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree