1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 09:221 edit
    Originally posted by Doward
    your "interpretation" has not been substaintiated by any legitimate scholars
    associate professor Jason Be Douhn is not a legitimate scholar, perhaps you'd like me
    to post his C.V. and rather ironically this is exactly the same type of drivel that was
    levelled against the apostles, men considered, 'unlettered and ordinary'. Its obvious
    you dont know anything about translation, have no way of knowing why a text is
    translated in the way that it is and thus, that is why, you need to make references to,
    'legitimate scholars', LOL, the battle against ignorance continues, heck, you might even
    make reference to one of the points I made, we live in hope.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 10:56
    it happened one day in spirituality forum on a chess site: someone complained and whined that he is feeling oppressed and opened a thread to communicate that to the very people that supposedly oppress him. he then told it was the last time he posted in that forum. that thread is now 200+ posts in which that person posted quite a few more posts.

in the end, the person felt better, and warm and happy trollings were shared. all was right with the world.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 00:354 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Ok that's your viewpoint just as RJH has his. It were really the truth of Jehovah and Jesus it would seem all the trinitairians facts and explinations would be the same.
    I've heard hundreds of versions of it for as long as I cared to listen and very few versions are the same. Oh well but at least you guys try.
    The usual answer that's the norm is "it' ...[text shortened]... and we just have to have faith." I've even had ministers and priest give me that answer.
    Ok that's your viewpoint just as RJH has his. It were really the truth of Jehovah and Jesus it would seem all the trinitairians facts and explinations would be the same.

"But you, who do YOU say that I am?" - (Matt. 16:15)

In the end the only thing that will really matter is what YOU, Galveston, will do with Jesus Christ.

I've heard hundreds of versions of it for as long as I cared to listen and very few versions are the same. Oh well but at least you guys try.

What a hundred guys said will not be important. In the final analysis what YOU, Galveston, do about Jesus Christ, will be the only thing that matters.

The usual answer that's the norm is "it's a mystery and we just have to have faith." I've even had ministers and priest give me that answer.

What he or she or the minister of a hundred people did or said will not determine your destiny.

In the end only what YOU, Galveston, do with Jesus Christ, will make the final difference.

You may spend your whole life pointing around in circles and what others said. It will mean nothing at the end before God.

Only what YOU, Galveston, decide to do with Jesus Christ, will matter.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 03:28
    Originally posted by jaywill

[b]"But you, who do YOU say that I am?" - (Matt. 16:15)

In the end the only thing that will really matter is what YOU, Galveston, will do with Jesus Christ. ...[text shortened]... before God.

Only what YOU, Galveston, decide to do with Jesus Christ, will matter.[/b]
    Very good point Jaywill. Many Christians think that going along with the crowd or being in the 'right' organisation is going to help them but we all will stand on our own before Christ, who said over and over that he will judge us according to our works and that all our deeds and every word is recorded.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 06:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ask him why he ignores not only Greek idiomatic structure of John 1:1 and
    fundamental English grammar when he erroneously asserts that the word is God, for
    clearly the term 'theos', which he would have us believe is the almighty is in fact a
    predicate noun used to describe a quality about the Word, three lines of well founded
    and solid reason ...[text shortened]... ased translations, they have truly made the word of God
    invalid because of their traditions.
    Didn't we agree, it says the Word was Deity? God is the only Deity,
    so it is equal to the Word was God.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 09:45
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Uh the personal reasons might include the feeling of being attacked and under the situation I'm in maybe I took it wrong or maybe I didn't. It seems your splitting hairs here for some deep dark explination of why I left. Personally it's my business and I don't really see why it's yours.
    And if you want to take it that I feel I was being attacked on a p ...[text shortened]... level or whatever, go ahead and judge as you want.
    My suggestion is simple..get over it.
    OK time for a reality slap here!

Firstly: You didn't leave - I take weekend breaks that are longer than the time you were lurking and sulking.

Secondly: if it's "your business and no one else's" - then kindly shut-up about it and stop whinning like a little girl.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 10:501 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Very good point Jaywill. Many Christians think that going along with the crowd or being in the 'right' organisation is going to help them but we all will stand on our own before Christ, who said over and over that he will judge us according to our works and that all our deeds and every word is recorded.
    The private decision of the personal human will is one of the most awesomely powerful things in the universe.

The weight of a man's own decision, what he will choose, is a great thing. We have to decide what Jesus Christ will be to our life.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 15:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Go take a break from RHP Forum. I did. I needed it. It was healthy. Just quit for a while, then return, and see things from new angles.
    Thanks and yes that's probably good advice for us all.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 15:14
    Originally posted by menace71
    This is very telling because John 1:1 says the Word was with God and was God then V 14 says and the word became flesh. This is to prove and contrast how the word became flesh. It's beautiful but some will deny Christ his deity.

Manny
    How can one be "with" God and is also "be" God himself? Doesn't make sense but I'm sure you'll have an answer that makes it sound like it's true.
    That's the thing about the Bible. 99 % clearly explains they are different beings but the 1 % of scriptures that thru translation word twisting sounds like it it possible. So the 1 % that has been changed in favor of trying to make the trinity sound possible now makes the rest of the Bible that does not teach the tinity not correct. And we're the brainwashed ones?
    Between the theory of evolution and the trinity doctrine, Satan has got most of the world so tangled up it's truly a sad situation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree