1. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 06:40
    Originally posted by marine bio
    I dont bet so I wont take you up on that deal, but I still say that it will happen soon.
    And what makes you think that you are more likely to be right than the last person who told me that more than 'several' years ago (and has been proved wrong).
    And when did you first come to believe that? If it was more than 'several' years ago then you have already proved yourself wrong.
    If nothing happens in the next 5 years will you change your beliefs or will you just keep on saying 'the next several years'.

If you look up signs of the end of time in the bible you will see that there are wars and rumors of wars, knowledge has increased.
    Do you have more than that, because there has never been a point in mans history for which that hasn't been true. However there are less wars now than at many points in the past. (rumors are hardly quantifiable).

Everything but the spread of the gospel to the whole world and great persecution of Gods chosen people has already happened.
    So only half the signs are there (and the ones that are meaningless) but you are ready and waiting?

The seventh day adventist dont have a set reange of years which the great persecuiton will happen.
    You repeatedly said 'the next several years'.

We go by the bible and the bible only. Try ad prove me wrong from the Bible that great persecution will not happen soon.
    I don't need to prove it to you from the Bible. I just need to wait a few years and if it doesn't happen you will be proved wrong.

I know you don't take bets but have you shown any other signs of your faith that it will happen? Have you left the US yet to avoid being forced to go to Church? Or do you actually want to be persecuted?
  2. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 15:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And what makes you think that you are more likely to be right than the last person who told me that more than 'several' years ago (and has been proved wrong).
    And when did you first come to believe that? If it was more than 'several' years ago then you have already proved yourself wrong.
    If nothing happens in the next 5 years will you change your belief ...[text shortened]... yet to avoid being forced to go to Church? Or do you actually want to be persecuted?
    Our signs of the end of time come from the Bible and writings of E. G. White. I cant prove it any other way than by that most of these signs have hapened or are cuurently happening. The gospel has been spread by us throughout almost the entire world. It is said that right now there are the most wars going on than there have ever been. Natural disasters are becoming more frequent and more devastating. Knowledge has increased majorly in the past few years. This years election is also the most reliant on religion since J.F.K.. If this is not proof enough that all that is left is the great persecution, the seven last plagues, and Jesus Christ's second coming, then I dont know what else to tell you.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 16:39
    Our signs of the end of time come from the Bible and writings of E. G. White. I cant prove it any other way than by that most of these signs have hapened or are cuurently happening. The gospel has been spread by us throughout almost the entire world. It is said that right now there are the most wars going on than there have ever been. Natural disaster ...[text shortened]... e seven last plagues, and Jesus Christ's second coming, then I dont know what else to tell you.
    The end will not come until the Gospel is preach to all nations.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 17:061 edit
    It is said that right now there are the most wars going on than there have ever been.
    Hilarious bumper sticker I saw yesterday:
    'Yeehaw!' is not a valid foreign policy.
    [What a coincidence that a religious president helps fulfill religious prophecy...]
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 06:35
    It is said that right now there are the most wars going on than there have ever been. Natural disasters are becoming more frequent and more devastating. Knowledge has increased majorly in the past few years.
    It is said....
    Nice the way you base your beliefs on false rumors. You cannot back up a single one of those claims with verifiable facts. You simply believe what you are told by your church leaders who obviously have an interest in convincing you that the end times are near.
    As I said, your claims are nothing new. I heard people telling me the exact same things 20 years ago. What makes you think you are better than them? So far, the best you can come up with is "it is said" followed by a list of false statements.

This years election is also the most reliant on religion since J.F.K.
    Americans think they are the centre of the world. Actually this years election is less religious than the one for F.J.T.C. (he declared Zambia a Christian nation and bribed half the churches in the country)

If this is not proof enough that all that is left is the great persecution, the seven last plagues, and Jesus Christ's second coming, then I don't know what else to tell you.
    You clearly don't know what else to tell me because you have no proof at all. In fact you are admitting that your 'sign' is even less significant than the election for J.F.K. - so why didn't the world end back then? How many other religious elections came before that? You suffer from the age old belief that the time you live in is somehow special and that any events you experience are bigger, greater or worse than what others have experienced before you.
  6. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 16:35
    You still have not shown me proof from the Bible that thes signs are not currently happening, so I think you made up all that jibberish just to cover it up.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 16:49
    You still have not shown me proof from the Bible that thes signs are not currently happening, so I think you made up all that jibberish just to cover it up.
    Are you serious?

It's an honest question and not meant to sound flippant. Are you actually asking for proof, from the Bible, that certain events are or are not currently happening today?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 17:34
    Originally posted by castlerook
    Are you serious?

It's an honest question and not meant to sound flippant. Are you actually asking for proof, from the Bible, that certain events are or are not currently happening today?
    That's just the way some folks roll. It works like this:

You got some problem with my [ridiculously stupid, outlandish, arbitrary] claims [that I keep rubbing in your face]? Well, then prove me wrong[, bizatch]!
  9. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 17:55
    Are you serious?

Yes, I am serious about this issue.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 18:52
    Yes, I am serious about this issue.
    I didn't ask whether you were serious about the issue. That much I gathered. I asked whether you were serious about only accepting evidence from the Bible regarding, for example, the current number of wars in the world and how this number compares with history.
  11. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 15:25
    I didn't ask whether you were serious about the issue. That much I gathered. I asked whether you were serious about only accepting evidence from the Bible regarding, for example, the current number of wars in the world and how this number compares with history.
    Yes! Im serious about that.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 23:45
    Yes! Im serious about that.
    Thank you for clarifying. However, I must admit that I find your position to be rather, well, silly. I mean, let's suppose I post a link to a summary of the 2005 Human Security Report, which states that global violence declined significantly between the end of the Cold War and the year 2003. It so happens that I have such a link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Security_Report_2005

Now, essentially you seem to be saying that such a report is inadmissible evidence in your view because it does not come from the Bible. But, I don't remember ever reading anything in the Bible saying that global violence has not declined between the end of the Cold War and 2003. Then again, I don't recall any mention of the Cold War or either of the World Wars in the Bible. Do you consider those events to be just elaborate hoaxes?

Of course, it is possible that there are problems with the Human Security Report, but I would think that it would have to refuted with other research, not the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree