1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 00:06
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Then, as I said elsewhere, it exists independent of and (ontologically) prior to our social interactions. Or, in simpler terms, that even a human being raised in total isolation from other human beings would have a natural inclination to NL.
    Yes since we are by nature social beings the fact that a person was raised (how?) in isolation wouldn't make any difference to their having an "inclination" to NL.
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 00:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You're utterly hopeless. I'm talking about what should be the basis of law, true, but there is no dichtomy between saying that the law should be based on respect for our Natural Law fundamental rights and saying that they exist. Where would you get the idea that law should be based on anything but??
    Let' say they do exist - how do you know what these Natural Laws are?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 00:09
    So, what you call "Natural Law" is nothing but the biological theory of natural rights:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights#Philosophical_Basis_of_Human_Rights
    I have no idea what that means.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 00:441 edit
    Originally posted by Coletti
    So you say - but you a merely asserting. You have not defended PNL - only restated the theory.

P.S. Do you support Probabilistic Natural Law or do you contradict yourself by claiming it is a universal code?
    Why the heck would I defend your support of misrepresentation of the Natural Law by luciferhammer.

I do however defend the Quantum Probabilistic nature of the universe.
    The process the human race expanding it's knowlege over time which has a direct implication of Natural Law, only has a quantum mechanical sense in that quantum theory explains the forces that the brain uses to "think" and that we think guarantees that mankind can derive Natural Law without any outside sources.
  5. London
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 20:561 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You're utterly hopeless. I'm talking about what should be the basis of law, true, but there is no dichtomy between saying that the law should be based on respect for our Natural Law fundamental rights and saying that they exist. Where would you get the idea that law should be based on anything but??
    froggy thinks otherwise.

In any case, before we build a legal system around NL which, in turn, is based on fundamental rights - you need to tell us why you think they exist intrinsically to human beings (and are not something provided by society and laws to ensure smoother functioning).
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 21:19
    froggy thinks otherwise.

In any case, before we build a legal system around NL which, in turn, is based on fundamental rights - you need to tell us why you think they exist intrinsically to human beings (and are not something provided by society and laws to ensure smoother functioning).
    Thinks differently?

No, no, no the whole point is : that the human mind being constructed the same way everywhere, works the same way everywhere. Any deviations from then norm would average out and the trendline of the formative group would be basically similar to that of any other group in similar circumstances.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 03:09
    froggy thinks otherwise.

I did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree