1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 19:423 edits
    " What, then, are we to do with these human fossil remains which seem to challenge the biblical record of man's early history at almost every point? To reject the evidence is to commit intellectual suicide. Is there an alternative interpretation? " Authur Custance

I do not know much about Neanderthals. But we jump to the conclusion that we are looking at evolved humans.

Maybe we are looking at de-evolved humans subject to some kind of degeneration. Maybe what they represent is a step down rather than a step up.

And possible alternative explanations may be considered.

Genesis and Early Man by Arthur Custance

http://www.custance.org/Library/Volume2/index.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 20:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    " What, then, are we to do with these human fossil remains which seem to challenge the biblical record of man's early history at almost every point? To reject the evidence is to commit intellectual suicide. Is there an alternative interpretation? " Authur Custance

I do not know much about Neanderthals. But we jump to the conclusion that we ar ...[text shortened]... rly Man by Arthur Custance

http://www.custance.org/Library/Volume2/index.html[/b]
    They are not going to pay any attention to this. They will claim it is from
    some creationist website as they usually do and ask if you can't come up
    with something that has scientific authority. (i.e. something that agrees
    with them)
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 21:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They are not going to pay any attention to this. They will claim it is from
    some creationist website as they usually do and ask if you can't come up
    with something that has scientific authority. (i.e. something that agrees
    with them)
    Likely, yes.

If you go to that webites read that article on Who Taught Adam to Speak ?
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 23:01

I do not know much about Neanderthals. But we jump to the conclusion that we ar ...[text shortened]... rly Man by Arthur Custance

not likely that they devolved since there is some evidence suggesting they were more advanced than humans when it came to certain things, like burying their dead along with their possessions suggesting they believed in some kind of afterlife. it's quiet possible that they taught their religion to humans. these discoveries are still controversial and remain contested, but future discoveries may change our opinion of neanderthals even more.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 23:07

I do not know much about Neanderthals.

Why didn't you stop at this sentence then?!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 23:15
    Likely, yes.

If you go to that webites read that article on [b]Who Taught Adam to Speak ?
    [/b]
    Yes, I read it. It is clear we have no other explanation for the beginning of
    speech than from God. However, this is not a satisfactory answer for the
    atheists, who will still wait for men of science to give them another source.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 04:37
    Man invented language and continues to do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poto_and_Cabengo
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 04:43
    What language did god speak before he invented man?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 06:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What language did god speak before he invented man?
    I can only guess. The common language.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 06:40
    I suspect they might have been the Nephilim.

http://nephiliman.com/ancient_giants_neanderthal.htm
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 06:57
    But we jump to the conclusion that we are looking at evolved humans.
    In science, conclusions are not jumped to. That is a religious thing.
    In science we make hypothesis and only make a conclusion when evidence is significant enough to warrant a conclusion.

We do however have enough genetic evidence to say conclusively that Neanderthals are not descended from humans.
  12. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 11:31

I think it makes more sense that God created the Neanderthals as humanoid animals on the day He created all of the animals, and that the Neanderthals are not descendants from Adam & Eve. Granted, the Neanderthals subsequently interbred with descendants of Adam & Eve.
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 11:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I suspect they might have been the Nephilim.

Thanks for the interesting link.

Neanderthal, an extinct race of man, who quite possibly could be the "heroes of old, men of renown" of which Genesis speaks. . . .

They were bigger, stronger, and intellectually superior to their Homo Sapien counterparts, with whom they co-existed for many thousands of years. The last known surviving pockets of Neanderthal are from the Middle East, The Biblical regions. In the written legends handed down to us in the Bible, as well as non Biblical accounts, the Neanderthal/Nephilim were a race which our ancestors held in both great fear and respect.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 15:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    In science, conclusions are not jumped to. That is a religious thing.
    In science we make hypothesis and only make a conclusion when evidence is significant enough to warrant a conclusion.

We do however have enough genetic evidence to say conclusively that Neanderthals are not descended from humans.
    No we don't have enough evidence to say for a "fact".
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 13:31
    No we don't have enough evidence to say for a "fact".
    You seriously think neandertals are ancestors of modern man?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree