Neanderthals

Neanderthals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
He made no claims like that.
As I remember he had no other opinions other than to express his love of the west and diversity.
You just us that he taught you that "there is no superior way".
That is an assertion and a pretty far reaching one at that. It is also an illogical assertion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
sonhouse is fine. He'll be fine whatever the (possible) "afterlife".
Are you saving sonhouse will be fine in any possible afterlife no matter
what he believes durning this life? If so, does that go for everybody
else? Even Dasa?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
else? Even Dasa?
everybody, no matter what they did will be fine if there is any kind of afterlife. there is no judgement, no sin. even you will be fine. life is about the experience, nothing more.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Sep 11
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
else? Even Dasa?
Yes

edit: even Hitler

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Sep 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
You just us that he taught you that "there is no superior way".
That is an assertion and a pretty far reaching one at that. It is also an illogical assertion.
Hmmm. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get that. Could you re-word please?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
everybody, no matter what they did will be fine if there is any kind of afterlife. there is no judgement, no sin. even you will be fine. life is about the experience, nothing more.
HalleluYah !!!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Sep 11

Please be sure to let us all know how that works out for you.

Preferably before the wailing and gnashing of teeth, of course.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
See, here we have two christians at total odds with one another, you can't even agree on your own dogma. Why would your god allow that?

Try entertaining the possibililty, however small in your eyes, that if there is a god it is a non-interacting one, maybe it rolled the magic dice kick starting our universe, I have no evidence otherwise, and then just l ...[text shortened]... hetically man made the way religions of the world anthropomorphise the attributes of your gods.
There is a God, yes, but He's not entirely non-interactive.

He was quite active in the early old testament times, but lately He's not been nearly as active. There could be a few reasons for this. One, He doesn't need to be as active, simply because His will has been fulfilled in providing man a Savior in Jesus Christ. Two, we're clearly in the latter days with Satan more in control of the world than ever, and this will only increase until the final confrontation. Sin is abhorrent to God, and this would be a great reason for His withdrawing from the world. This train wreck will continue to its logical conclusion now anyways, all according to prophecy, so there's no reason to interact with it now at all. Those who will be saved will be saved, those who will not, will not. It's all over at this point anyways, anyone with a brain can hear the fat lady warming up in the wings.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Please be sure to let us all know how that works out for you.

Preferably before the wailing and gnashing of teeth, of course.
i would, but nobody has ever come back to tell it like it is, so you'll never know.

wailing and gnashing of teeth? that's ridiculous. are you planning on taking your teeth with you when you die?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Sep 11

i would, but nobody has ever come back to tell it like it is, so you'll never know.

wailing and gnashing of teeth? that's ridiculous. are you planning on taking your teeth with you when you die?
It's easy to be flip before the realization of the consequences of your actions are fully brought home to you, which won't be until Judgement Day anyways.

The atheists' assertions that there is no afterlife is simply a self-fulfilling prophecy. Those who reject God and His Son are just insuring that they will have no afterlife.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Sep 11

It's easy to be flip before the realization of the consequences of your actions are fully brought home to you, which won't be until Judgement Day anyways.

The atheists' assertions that there is no afterlife is simply a self-fulfilling prophecy. Those who reject God and His Son are just insuring that they will have no afterlife.
whatever one 'believes' or does in life is irrelevant. whatever will be will be.

the way i see it, there are 3 possible outcomes of what to expect after life:

1- oblivion / no problem here.

2- the universe is ultimately ruled by benevolent god/entities
/ no problem here again, it means either:
2a- you take what you learned from your life on earth and move on to the next experience.
2b- some form of justice: you will have a finite punishment for finite crimes, after which you will be rehabilitated and continue on your journey.

3 - the universe is ultimately ruled by a mentally deranged god/entities like the ones found in the bible and koran.
/ problem here, it means:
3a-sycophants will get perks and special treatment.
3b-those who displease the minds or vanities of these corrupt entities face cruel punishments or eternal tortures.

if we live in a #3 universe, i would do all in my power to combat, overthrow and defeat those worthless monstrosities.
anyone who capitulates will be viewed with pity and anyone who actively supports them will be viewed with scorn and disgust.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Sep 11

What I find interesting though is that Christians put so much emphasis on 'afterlife' but not one Christian is willing to discuss what the term means, or why I should care about it. Every time I start a thread on the topic, there is silence from Christians as if it is a taboo subject. Yet whenever they try to sell their religion, it comes up again and again.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
What I find interesting though is that Christians put so much emphasis on 'afterlife' but not one Christian is willing to discuss what the term means, or why I should care about it. Every time I start a thread on the topic, there is silence from Christians as if it is a taboo subject. Yet whenever they try to sell their religion, it comes up again and again.
there were ready answers to that question up to a century ago. the 'afterlife' basically meant holding hands and singing 'praise the lord, hallelujah!' for eternity.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Sep 11

there were ready answers to that question up to a century ago. the 'afterlife' basically meant holding hands and singing 'praise the lord, hallelujah!' for eternity.
Gag me with a spoon....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Sep 11

You got it man. HalleluYah !!!