Neanderthals

Neanderthals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Houston, Texas

Moves
26 Aug 11

Were the Neanderthals descendants of Adam and Eve. Or were they one of the animals God created.

An article about Neanderthal interbreeding with humans.

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/08/scientists-say-hookup-between-humans-and-neanderthals-boosted-immune-systems/

Scientists say hookup between humans and Neanderthals boosted immune systems. You can thank Neanderthalls for your great genes.

Humans have a strong immune system, and you can partly thank the fact that our ancestors had sex with Neanderthals, scientists say. The BBC says a Science Journal report indicates sexual activity between early, pre-human species gave us the ability to ward off viruses:

1. Mating with Neanderthals and another ancient group called Denisovans introduced genes that help us cope with viruses to this day, they conclude.

2. Previous research had indicated that prehistoric interbreeding led to up to 4% of the modern human genome.

3. The new work identifies stretches of DNA derived from our distant relatives.

4. In the human immune system, the HLA (human leucocyte antigen) family of genes plays an important role in defending against foreign invaders such as viruses.

The scientists write that populations that migrated out of Africa have the HLA gene, while many Africans do not.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Aug 11

Originally posted by moon1969
Were the Neanderthals descendants of Adam and Eve. Or were they one of the animals God created.

An article about Neanderthal interbreeding with humans.

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/08/scientists-say-hookup-between-humans-and-neanderthals-boosted-immune-systems/

Scientists say hookup between humans and Neanderthals boosted immune system ...[text shortened]... rite that populations that migrated out of Africa have the HLA gene, while many Africans do not.
Nobody knows anything about these so-called "Neanderthals" it is all
conjecture. My conjecture is that they were humans that had adapted
in a different way than other humans. Just like wolves (dogs) do.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
26 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
And yet again you demonstrate your willingness to declare an opinion on a subject about which you clearly know nothing at all. Well done.

Houston, Texas

Moves
26 Aug 11
1 edit

So your conjecture is that Neanderthals descended from Adam and Eve, but adapted in a different way than other humans. Maybe.

On the other hand, Neanderthals could have been an ape/human-like animal that God created on the day He created animals.

And that Neanderthal animal flourished for a while, and could interbreed with humans such as with Adam's children or grandchildren, etc.. which helped to boost our (human) immune system.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Aug 11

Why don't you write up your conjecture and submit it to an anthropology journal?

Maybe you will become the answer to Dawkins.

P

weedhopper

Moves
27 Aug 11

Any answer would be pure speculation, but as I understand it, Neanderthals are a failed branch of the primate "tree". If one believes these primates were "humanoid", and I don't mean ape-like, then they would qualify as a direct relative of homo sapiens and hence, be of the family of Adam and Eve.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
And yet again you demonstrate your willingness to declare an opinion on a subject about which you clearly know nothing at all. Well done.
As I stated before, noboby else knows anything about them either; yet you
don't say anything about them stating an opinion.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Aug 11

Actually, some people know quite a bit about them. We have their skeletons for instance and we can analyse them very well, what the rest of the body would be like from wear patterns of the bones and such. They can tell how big the brains were by the cavity in the skull.

They have gotten a very complete set of DNA readings and geneticists can tell where our genes and theirs are the same, which happens to be several percent. So we know there was interbreeding, we know that interbreeding helped the modern humans out of Africa deal with diseases they would not have been able to overcome without that interbreeding because the Neandertals had immunity to a number of diseases modern humans coming out of Africa lacked. So the interbreeding helped modern humans survive in the wilds of northern Europe.

So don't say it's all speculation, conjecture and the like. Much as you hate it, we actually can say some definitive things about the Neandertals.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Actually, some people know quite a bit about them. We have their skeletons for instance and we can analyse them very well, what the rest of the body would be like from wear patterns of the bones and such. They can tell how big the brains were by the cavity in the skull.

They have gotten a very complete set of DNA readings and geneticists can tell where o ...[text shortened]... e like. Much as you hate it, we actually can say some definitive things about the Neandertals.
Okay, most of it is conjecture then.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Aug 11

Okay, most of it is conjecture then.
Most of what is conjecture? What you made up? Sure. But what else are you talking about? What have you heard about Neanderthals that you are convinced is conjecture? How do you know its conjecture when you know practically nothing of the subject?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Most of what is conjecture? What you made up? Sure. But what else are you talking about? What have you heard about Neanderthals that you are convinced is conjecture? How do you know its conjecture when you know practically nothing of the subject?
I know as much as anybody else does on the subject, which is practically
nothing as you said.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Aug 11

I know as much as anybody else does on the subject, which is practically
nothing as you said.
So how do you know what I, or anyone else doesn't know?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
So how do you know what I, or anyone else doesn't know?
Kidneys.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
27 Aug 11

Actually we know a fair bit about them, but little of what we know would fit in with your bizarre world-view. I don't see much point in bringing information to your attention which your firmly locked-down mind wouldn't allow you to consider so I won't. If you're interested, google it. As for my opinion, it differs from yours.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Actually we know a fair bit about them, but little of what we know would fit in with your bizarre world-view. I don't see much point in bringing information to your attention which your firmly locked-down mind wouldn't allow you to consider so I won't. If you're interested, google it. As for my opinion, it differs from yours.
Don't cast your pearls.