1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 13:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So the punishment itself serves no purpose? Your description of God is most definitely that of a deranged being.
    Did I say it serves no purpose?

It is like the purpose of a final exam. It separates those who pass the class from those who do not. For you to say "so, the final exam serves no purpose" shows your understanding of it, and, perhaps, a wish that it wasn't quite so "final". Either you study and pass, or you don't. But for you to not study and fail does not mark the instructor as "deranged", nor does it absolve you of your responsibility. The onus is entirely on you.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 14:195 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    These bones could not possibly be 40,000 +/- 5,000 years old. So
    something is wrong with the dating method. If they had been given a
    figure less than 10,000 years then I might consider the dating method
    might have some validity. However, a date like 40,000 years is absurd.
    We can not date anything back more than about 5,000 years ago and
    even that is not certain.
    You really mean 'the bones could not possibly be 50 thousand years old' because it flies in the face of your mythology. Carbon dating is very accurate to about 30 thousand years back and they can still use carbon dating for older specimens combined with what we know about the strata the bones were found in.

When you say ''We can't date them accurately", does that mean you are personally involved in such dating and can verify the inaccuracy or accuracy yourself from personal knowledge or are you just taking other people's word who are just as ignorant of the actual techniques involved?

BTW, we call them Neandertals because that was the name of the place they were discovered in. Whether we call them Neandertals or Woodaboogas makes no difference.

We know a lot about Neantertals because the shape of the bones, particularly the head, has been very accurately measured, using Catscans where they don't have to take apart the bones, the X rays build up a 3D picture of the insides and we can see the differences between modern human skulls and the Neandertal ones. For instance the brains of Neantertals were somewhat larger than our own which did not give them any more intelligence or any less but we know the shape of their brains were significantly different than ours, shape wise. They can use that knowledge to deduce what parts of their brains were like ours and such.

We also can make very accurate models of what they actually looked like because of our work with forensic artists who study the anatomy of modern humans, chimps, the great apes, Neandertals and even older specimens like Homo Habilis.
    They know enough about anatomy to build up what they look like because we already know they can make a very good job of building up a picture of what a murdered human looked like even though the skeleton might be thousands of years old and they have been able to figure out who that person was, at least if it was in the 20th or 21'st century, to enable the rest of the team to get evidence to place who the probable killer was. That same technique is used to get good approximations of what a neandertal actually looked like.

Also we know a lot about the genetics of Neanders because we got enough DNA from the bones that we get an accurate DNA analysis which shows them to have about the same differences to us as chimps, which are something like 95 percent identical to modern humans. Viva La Differance. Those few percent differences are what makes us humans and chimps chimps and Neandertals Neaandertal, or does that information also lie outside your ability to accept based on your own mythology? What you believe IS mythology and the sooner you realize it the better your mind will be for it.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 14:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Did I say it serves no purpose?

It is like the purpose of a final exam. It separates those who pass the class from those who do not. For you to say "so, the final exam serves no purpose" shows your understanding of it, and, perhaps, a wish that it wasn't quite so "final". Either you study and pass, or you don't. But for you to not study and fail does ...[text shortened]... deranged", nor does it absolve you of your responsibility. The onus is entirely on you.
    My apologies, it appears I misunderstood you. I overlooked the bit where you specify the 'punishment' as death. I incorrectly thought that you were suggesting separation then punishment.
    However, I do not think that 'punishment' is the correct word here at all. Maybe 'consequence' would be better.

So am I correct that you don't believe in hell, or any sort of punishment other than death?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 16:421 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You really mean 'the bones could not possibly be 50 thousand years old' because it flies in the face of your mythology. Carbon dating is very accurate to about 30 thousand years back and they can still use carbon dating for older specimens combined with what we know about the strata the bones were found in.

When you say ''We can't date them accurately", believe IS mythology and the sooner you realize it the better your mind will be for it.
    God created man with the capability of far greater intelligence than any
    man is capable of obtaining today. God created man and woman fully
    grown but without fully developed intelligence. Degeneration has made
    man far less capable of attaining a level of intelligence anywhere close
    to that of the first two humans. So the men you think are so wise and
    intelligent today fall far short of what their capability would have been
    if the first two humans had obeyed God rather than Satan. If you wish
    to believe these people who claim to be able to date things so accurately
    back to 30,000 years and know so much about these Neanderthals, then
    you are welcome to it. I, however, believe in the Holy Bible.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 16:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God created man with the capability of far greater intelligence than any
    man is capable of obtaining today. God created man and woman fully
    grown but without fully developed intelligence. Degeneration has made
    man far less capable of attaining a level of intelligence anywhere close
    to that of the first two humans. So the men you think are so wise and ...[text shortened]... h about these Neanderthals, then
    you are welcome to it. I, however, believe in the Holy Bible.
    So what does this holy bible of yours say about those that came before? Neandertals, Homo Habilis and the like? It doesn't say a word about them because the whole book was written by men to make up a mythology that could be believed by the ancient people of the time. They of course swallowed it hook line and sinker just like you.

There is no mention of people being smarter, like your mythological Adam and Eve, in your bible, just that they were somehow pure of thought till your mythological devil showed them the real world instead of the drugged up zombie like existence they must have had, not needing such niceties as intelligence.

If anything, before their so-called fall, they were amazingly stupid.

You are starting to just make up stories that suits your mythology now.

I feel a thousand times more confident in modern science than I ever did of the mythology of your bible.

You don't study the carbon dating process, you have never even touched a fossil so you think that simply spouting off your mythologically based dogma makes everything you say the absolute truth. It is far from ANY truth. It is all myth.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 17:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So what does this holy bible of yours say about those that came before? Neandertals, Homo Habilis and the like? It doesn't say a word about them because the whole book was written by men to make up a mythology that could be believed by the ancient people of the time. They of course swallowed it hook line and sinker just like you.

There is no mention of ...[text shortened]... d dogma makes everything you say the absolute truth. It is far from ANY truth. It is all myth.
    Okay, have it your way. But I will continue to believe in the Holy BIble.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree