Never doubt the Word of God!!!  - email

Never doubt the Word of God!!! - email

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Feb 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
we have the writings and drawings of His disciples. But really, you have to have a personal relationship with Him. Also, of course, we have direct evidence of both pasta and flight.

What evidence do you have of your god?

edit; forgot to capitalise the 'H' of him.
we have the writings and drawings of His disciples.

Would you mind sharing the writings and drawings of his disciples?

But really, you have to have a personal relationship with Him

Do you really have a personal relationship with him?

If you do I suppose there must be something that he has done for you personally, no?

Also, of course, we have direct evidence of both pasta and flight.

Is that it?

Surely that alone cannot warrant a belief in him? The Wright brothers invented the first airplane. Our pasta factory creates pasta quite easily. We don't need a flying spaggetti monster for that.

Moves
18 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by royalchicken
No, I mean that if the Bible contained literal truth, I'd have to stop doing those things, but since it doesn't, I can shag TLWers and piss on churches, while having as much to fear from God as I do from Santa Claus, honest politicians and non-delusional fundamentalists.
Does the fact that nothing seems to have happened to you yet give you the comfort that the Bible does not contain truth?

And how can you prove that the Bible does not have truth?

Have you ever tested any of its promises?

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
18 Feb 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Does the fact that nothing seems to have happened to you yet give you the comfort that the Bible does not contain truth?

And how can you prove that the Bible does not have truth?
I mean that the Bible cannot be safely interpreted as the literal truth; it only takes the presence of one contradiction to invalidate the claim of innerrant scripture. Besides, for other reasons, I'm convinced that the only possible authors of the Bible were human, so even if it is internally consistent, I still don't have to put God in any ontological category other than the one which contains clever blondes and even primes greater than 2 🙂.

Besides, why do I need comfort from a fact when I can get it from TLW members?

Moves
18 Feb 06

I mean that the Bible cannot be safely interpreted as the literal truth; it only takes the presence of one contradiction to invalidate the claim of innerrant scripture. Besides, for other reasons, I'm convinced that the only possible authors of the Bible were human, so even if it is internally consistent, I still don't have to put God in any ontologica ...[text shortened]... r than 2 🙂.

Besides, why do I need comfort from a fact when I can get it from TLW members?
Why could internal consistency not be accredited to the Holy Spirit?

Remember the Bible was written over thousands of years and the authors were all over the world. How do you explain its internal consistency?

What contradictions were you refering to?

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
18 Feb 06

Remember the Bible was written over thousands of years and the authors were all over the world. How do you explain its internal consistency?

What contradictions were you refering to?
Why could internal consistency not be accredited to the Holy Spirit?

I didn't say that; I said that internal consistency is irrelevant because even if it were internally consistent, I don't believe in Jallahgodaweh for other reasons.

Which internal consistency am I meant to explain? I've just told you that internal consistency is irrelevant to my belief in the Bible, because my argument against belif in a deity is non-creed specific and therefore doesn't attack the holy book of one minor cult in particular. It dispenses with the Thorshivara malarkey with stunning generality.

Please try to fillow this; I'm drunk and doing just fine.

Moves
18 Feb 06
1 edit

[b]Why could internal consistency not be accredited to the Holy Spirit?

I didn't say that; I said that internal consistency is irrelevant because even if it were internally consistent, I don't believe in Jallahgodaweh for other reasons.

Which internal consistency am I meant to explain? I've just told you that internal consistency is irrelev rkey with stunning generality.

Please try to fillow this; I'm drunk and doing just fine.[/b]
Sober up. We'll talk again tomorrow.😞

Edit: If you are not drunk tomorrow...

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
18 Feb 06

Sober up. We'll talk again tomorrow.😞

Edit: If you are not drunk tomorrow...
What a cop-out. It's like a sloth racing lightning and refusing because he's been given a generous head start.

Moves
18 Feb 06

What a cop-out. It's like a sloth racing lightning and refusing because he's been given a generous head start.
Head start my foot... Do you know what stuff they put in your beer?

It's more like you having a 99 yard head start on a 100 yard sprint. All you need to do is fall on your face. 😀

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
18 Feb 06

Head start my foot... Do you know what stuff they put in your beer?

It's more like you having a 99 yard head start on a 100 yard sprint. All you need to do is fall on your face. 😀
Hops.

I find it ironic that you're advocating taking the Bible seriously, essentially regardless of its authors, but won't take the author of my posts seriously.

Moves
18 Feb 06

[b]Why could internal consistency not be accredited to the Holy Spirit?

Which internal consistency am I meant to explain? I've just told you that internal consistency is irrelev ...[text shortened]... rkey with stunning generality.

Please try to fillow this; I'm drunk and doing just fine.[/b]

Namely?

It dispenses with the Thorshivara malarkey with stunning generality.

Do share.

Moves
18 Feb 06

Hops.

I find it ironic that you're advocating taking the Bible seriously, essentially regardless of its authors, but won't take the author of my posts seriously.
I don't have reason to believe that the authors of the Bible were drunk.😉

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
18 Feb 06

[b]I didn't say that; I said that internal consistency is irrelevant because even if it were internally consistent, I don't believe in Jallahgodaweh for other reasons.

Namely?

It dispenses with the Thorshivara malarkey with stunning generality.

Do share.[/b]
The best argument I have for atheism can be found in the original religious thread, in August 2003. I will find a link to the page now, and if you like we can discuss that argument at a time of your choosing. I may revise it slightly, however.

Moves
18 Feb 06

The best argument I have for atheism can be found in the original religious thread, in August 2003. I will find a link to the page now, and if you like we can discuss that argument at a time of your choosing. I may revise it slightly, however.
Just interested, are your beliefs swayed by arguments? If a theist were to come up with a better argument would you suddenly become a believer in God?

And also, do you not think that your "theology" is influenced by your morality?

Does your life-style not determine your atheism? Or is it really just the argument for atheism that has you for the time being?

Moves
18 Feb 06

It's past mid-night here. I do sleep at night. Talk to you 2morrow. 🙂

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
18 Feb 06

Just interested, are your beliefs swayed by arguments? If a theist were to come up with a better argument would you suddenly become a believer in God?

And also, do you not think that your "theology" is influenced by your morality?

Does your life-style not determine your atheism? Or is it really just the argument for atheism that has you for the time being?
I don't really shag TLW members or piss on churches, dj2.

As to the first question, it's addressed by what I am about to post.