1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 18:17
    This piece suggests bacteria and viruses can be flung out of the atmosphere and into interplanetary and even interstellar space and survive and have a chance of landing on some other planet maybe in another solar system or mars to earth or Vs Versa. Here is the link:
    http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/dn9601-electromagnetic-space-travel-for-bugs.html
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 18:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This piece suggests bacteria and viruses can be flung out of the atmosphere and into interplanetary and even interstellar space and survive and have a chance of landing on some other planet maybe in another solar system or mars to earth or Vs Versa. Here is the link:
    http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/dn9601-electromagnetic-space-travel-for-bugs.html
    That's not about the origin of life in general. It might explain the origin of life on a particular planet though.
  3. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 19:36
    Thanks for the link to that, it got a rec from me just for sheer coolness value. I'm going to see if I can turn up anything else cool in this vein, and I've already emailed the link to several professional microbiologists, I'll see if they have anything to say. But that is just plain awesome, orgins of life regardless. I'm just psyched about the flying bacteria.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 21:08
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Thanks for the link to that, it got a rec from me just for sheer coolness value. I'm going to see if I can turn up anything else cool in this vein, and I've already emailed the link to several professional microbiologists, I'll see if they have anything to say. But that is just plain awesome, orgins of life regardless. I'm just psyched about the flying bacteria.
    There has been the panspermia theory for a long time and evidence for it in the famous martian meteor picked up in Antarctica where possible fossil bacteria showed up in the meteor, hotly contested of course but the idea is that meteor strikes on a planet nearby can send stuff to other planets in that solar system, mars to earth or vice versa.
    This new theory has the bacteria going directly into space! His idea is the bacteria would reproduce and evolve with the stress of being in the upper atmosphere and change to a form that could take the rigors of space and then solar wind, etc., would blow them around maybe even out of the solar system or out of A solar system and maybe seed earth, mars, venus, titan, etc.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 23:54
    This is a possibility:

An amino acid, one of the building blocks of life, has been spotted in deep space. If the find stands up to scrutiny, it means that the sorts of chemistry needed to create life are not unique to Earth verifying one of astrobiology's cherished theories.
    This would add weight to ideas that life exists on other planets, and even that molecules from outer space kick-started life on Earth.
    Over 130 molecules have been identified in interstellar space so far, including sugars and ethanol. But amino acids are a particularly important find because they link up to form proteins, the molecules that run, and to a large extent make up our cells.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2558
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 23:58
    God made all humans from dirt to worship his son Jesus Christ.
  7. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There has been the panspermia theory for a long time and evidence for it in the famous martian meteor picked up in Antarctica where possible fossil bacteria showed up in the meteor, hotly contested of course but the idea is that meteor strikes on a planet nearby can send stuff to other planets in that solar system, mars to earth or vice versa.
    This new the ...[text shortened]... out of the solar system or out of A solar system and maybe seed earth, mars, venus, titan, etc.
    That is exactly the part I thought was cool. I've known about the Mars bacteria since it was found (although we still can't be sure if it is legit or not), and that was exciting, but my point was is that it isn't the idea of seeding life that earned the rec, it is the evolution and growth in the atmosphere supported by electric charge vs. gravity.
  8. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:09
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    This is a possibility:

An amino acid, one of the building blocks of life, has been spotted in deep space. If the find stands up to scrutiny, it means that the sorts of chemistry needed to create life are not unique to Earth verifying one of astrobiology's cherished theories.
    This would add weight to ideas that life exists on other planets, and ...[text shortened]... , and to a large extent make up our cells.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2558
    I think I read somewhere that NASA had confirmed the amino acid thing, can't seem to find it right now though.
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:09
    Mars is named after the bloody Red Roman God of War, and you expect me to believe we can find or create life or even exist there????????
  10. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:102 edits
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    Mars is named after the bloody Red Roman God of War, and you expect me to believe we can find or create life or even exist there????????
    Earth is named after dirt, and you expect me to believe you can find water there?
  11. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:15
    Earth is named after dirt yes, but out of water came Earth through the power of the all powerful, so water was allways here, even when Lucifer was banished from heaven and given the name Satan i.e. adversary. Water is life, so Earth has life and allways had life.
  12. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:17
    Is disucssing the Illuminati Taboo?😠😠😠:'(😠😀😀
  13. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:18
    Earth is named after dirt yes, but out of water came Earth through the power of the all powerful, so water was allways here, even when Lucifer was banished from heaven and given the name Satan i.e. adversary. Water is life, so Earth has life and allways had life.
    So why is it named Earth then?

Or are you saying that the arbitrary name given to a planet by humans doesn't neccesarily tell you what can and can't be there.
  14. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:21
    Is disucssing the Illuminati Taboo?😠😠😠:'(😠😀😀
    No, but there is no point. I once tried to tell people about the Illuminati, but then some men showed up and showed me how it was all just a made up story. It is amazing how clear it is once you really have it explained to you. Post your address and I'm sure you'll see the truth in no time.
  15. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 00:23
    I already see the truth. The reason men showed up at your house was because you were either apart of it or not apart of the Christ.😵😲😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree