1. The sky
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 12:48
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    This looks like a wind-up to me.

In fact, this looks like a Christian reincarnation of ayamethesnake.
    The thought has occurred to me as well.
  2. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 13:07
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    Adam named Earth when he didn't sin. Eve wasn't created yet. Earth is land yes. Mere mortals name the planet Earth but in reality Earth is the land unpon which humans dwell. Water is water.

Humans also named Mars and Uranus(your anus)

Hunans aren't that in touch whith the spiritual aspects of things. the main concern of men is to join their b ...[text shortened]... dies with women. That is the only thing sex does. You also lose life when you ejaculate. FYI
    Esay does it! This is not a criticism of you personally, but in any forum it would be adviseable to stick to the topic of the thread. Now enthusiasm about religion or any thing at all cannot exist in an intellectual vacum. So try not to give believers a bad name by ingoring the evidentiary nature of science in putting forth your position. Son a Believer can ill afford to ignore what is evident, because that only leads to fanaticism. History points out that any level of fanaticism predicated on ignorance fosters the tyranny of evil willful men. Let not your self will run riot. Temperance in all things is a tenant of science. Oh and by the way the Hebrew definition for Earth is "School" Live and Learn and remember easy does it. You can't make sense of nonsense; conversely you cannot make what makes sense into nonsense. So don't be afraid to be challenged on what you believ, but in the meantime get some understanding.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 14:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This piece suggests bacteria and viruses can be flung out of the atmosphere and into interplanetary and even interstellar space and survive and have a chance of landing on some other planet maybe in another solar system or mars to earth or Vs Versa. Here is the link:
    http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/dn9601-electromagnetic-space-travel-for-bugs.html
    people always associate Darwin with evoulution, what about Lamark, whose theories predated Darwin by 50 years!
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 16:011 edit
    http://www.templetonprize.org/bios.html

NEW YORK, MARCH 15, 2006 — John D. Barrow, a noted cosmologist whose writings about the relationship between life and the universe, and the nature of human understanding, have created new perspectives on questions of ultimate concern to science and religion, has won the 2006 Templeton Prize. The prize, valued at 795,000 pounds sterling, approximately $1.4 million, was announced today at a news conference at the Church Center for the United Nations in New York.

Barrow, 53, who serves as Professor of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Cambridge, has used insights from mathematics, physics, and astronomy to set out wide-ranging views that challenge scientists and theologians to cross the boundaries of their disciplines if they are to fully realize what they may or may not understand about how time, space, and matter began, the behavior of the universe (or, perhaps, “multiverses&rdquo😉, and where it is all headed, if anywhere.

His work — including 17 books translated into 27 languages and written in accessible, lively prose, hugely popular lectures, and more than 400 scientific papers — has illuminated understanding of the universe and cast the intrinsic limitations of scientific inquiry into sharp relief. It has also given theologians and philosophers inescapable questions to consider when examining the very essence of belief, the nature of the universe, and humanity’s place in it.
  5. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 18:33
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    http://www.templetonprize.org/bios.html

NEW YORK, MARCH 15, 2006 — John D. Barrow, a noted cosmologist whose writings about the relationship between life and the universe, and the nature of human understanding, have created new perspectives on questions of ultimate concern to science and religion, has won the 2006 Templeton Prize. The prize, valued at 7 ...[text shortened]... en examining the very essence of belief, the nature of the universe, and humanity’s place in it.
    This is good stuff!
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 20:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But the great tribulation was a thousand years ago, it was called the Crusades. So I guess your little run is over now, as evidenced by the waning influence of the so-called christian faith.
    The past will repeat itself. With the growing biochip implants, preparation to place the mark of the beast on the childern of the devil is being made.
    The point is, all who blaspheme the name of GOD or his son WILL face the judgement of GOD and noone will be able to deny the truth when that time arrives.
    Let the wicked remain wicked and the evil remain evil.
    Let the good remain good and the righteous remain righteous.
    -The word of the Lord has spoken.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 20:571 edit
    Let the wicked remain wicked and the evil remain evil.
    Let the good remain good and the righteous remain righteous.
    If you want to let everyone remain the way they are, why don't you just stop preaching?
  8. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 21:04
    Because by informing you about you impending doom I speed the day of Christ's return and thus the day when the church and the saints will be raptured to be with him.
    Plus
    This is GOD'S Earth, how dare you blaspheme his name!
    Do you think he does not see you even here?
    I tell you the truth, all things in the dark will be brought to the light and nothing concealed will not be revealed.
    You will not be able to blaspheme GOD without my reminding you that the eternal fire waits for you and your brothers and sisters.
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 22:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 22:23
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    people always associate Darwin with evoulution, what about Lamark, whose theories predated Darwin by 50 years!
    and were wrong. Larmark's theories were not about evolution per se, they were more developmental really.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 22:24
    In the same way the wicked will have nothing to say before GOD.
    and the sensible have nothing to say to you.

Go away you horrible little man.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 22:30
    Because by informing you about you impending doom I speed the day of Christ's return and thus the day when the church and the saints will be raptured to be with him.
    Plus
    This is GOD'S Earth, how dare you blaspheme his name!
    Do you think he does not see you even here?
    I tell you the truth, all things in the dark will be brought to the light and ...[text shortened]... OD without my reminding you that the eternal fire waits for you and your brothers and sisters.
    For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the
    prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God
    shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

and to "add" includes your interpretation of it
    get yourself ready to burn,, you goat
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 22:30
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    This is good stuff!
    It sure is !
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 22:32
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionism
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionism
    yes, but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

and of course:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamarckism

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree