1. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:24
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    They CHOSE, for the most part, to have unprotected sex....
    A large proportion of the victims of AIDS are women who get it from their husbands and children who get it from their mothers. As for choosing to not use protection, it appears that the Pope and the Bush administration had some part in trying to make that choice for them.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:54
    ... They CHOSE, for the most part, to have unprotected sex....the victims of terrorism rarely know what hits them....
    AIDS kills about 600,000 children every year. That's about 1,644 each and every day. They didn't have unprotected sex. They didn't choose to get AIDS. Those children have no idea what hit them.

Who's sounding stupid now? (Although in all fairness I'd describe your attitude less as stupidity and more as gross ignorance; however, you might dial it back before your start attacking the intellect of others. You may not agree spiritually with twhitehead but he strikes me as a sharp guy, and not a stupid one.)
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 21:09
    I meant to say that AIDS kills 600,000 children in Africa each year. The world wide number would, of course, be higher.
  4. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 03:293 edits
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Actually, what he said does not sound so stupid. He says that deaths due to terrorism (and since we're talking the 9/11 attack we'll go with that) constitute a small portion of world suffering.

Ok, let's put that into perspective. Less than 3,000 people died in NY on one day, and only the one day, due to terrorist attack. On the other hand, in the US [i]

The ignorant, however, are never ashamed and are always the experts. Just ask yourself.
    Only an insensitive idiot states that the 3,000+ who died in NY are hardly worth mentioning. I'd like you to say that to an NYPD or FDNY member; they'd smash your teeth and wipe the floor with your head....! Do you hear that sound???? It the worlds smallest violin playing....

Oregon...typical...🙄
  5. Gangster Land
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 03:32
    You are the idiot. Only an idiot states that the 3,000+ who died in NY are hardly worth mentioning. I'd like you to say that to an NYPD or FDNY member , and I'll watch with satisfation when they smash your teeth and wipe the floor with your head....you jerk-off!
    Oh my! What would Jesus do, dystoniac? What would Jesus do?
  6. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 03:332 edits
    AIDS kills about 600,000 children every year. That's about 1,644 each and every day. They didn't have unprotected sex. They didn't choose to get AIDS. Those children have no idea what hit them.

Who's sounding stupid now? (Although in all fairness I'd describe your attitude less as stupidity and more as gross ignorance; however, you might dial it back bef ...[text shortened]... agree spiritually with twhitehead but he strikes me as a sharp guy, and not a stupid one.)
    And you strike me as a dweeb. You're talking out of your neck....I know about children and AIDS, but I left them out because they weren't part of the debate, and the adult rate of AIDS was enough to warrant the comparison between adults with AIDS who caught it through stupidity, not ignorance, and those who contracted the disease innocently, and to compare the death rate with those killed by terrorists. I've learned that when debating Striesand/Pelosi-liberals such as yourself, that I could talk 'til the cows come home and you'd still be clueless. Do innocent people choose to be blown-up by your terrorist cousins?
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 03:34
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Oh my! What would Jesus do, dystoniac? What would Jesus do?
    Go play boats in the bathtub skipper....don't forget to wash your ears...
  8. Joined
    19 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 04:06
    we should all think of Africa
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 07:37
    And you strike me as a dweeb. You're talking out of your neck....I know about children and AIDS, but I left them out because they weren't part of the debate, and the adult rate of AIDS was enough to warrant the comparison between adults with AIDS who caught it through stupidity, not ignorance, and those who contracted the disease innocently, and to compar ...[text shortened]... ou'd still be clueless. Do innocent people choose to be blown-up by your terrorist cousins?
    Sorry, I was horribly mistaken. You are completely stupid, as well as ignorant. My mistake. While you're busy emoting, you're not devoting a single neural synapse to a coherent thought. It seems I cannot help the severely mathmatically challenged such as yourself; who, when they've left the comfort zone of meaningless diatribes, launch personal attacks. Bravo for you.
  10. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 07:501 edit
    Sorry, I was horribly mistaken. You are completely stupid, as well as ignorant. My mistake. While you're busy emoting, you're not devoting a single neural synapse to a coherent thought. It seems I cannot help the severely mathmatically challenged such as yourself; who, when they've left the comfort zone of meaningless diatribes, launch personal attacks. Bravo for you.
    Oh, wow, you have such a vocabulary! It is amazing when I touch a nerve of a whiny liberal such as yourself how you launch into your 'academic mode' and use words that are just too 'sexy' for your own good. What's math got to do with anything? BTW, you were the one who launched the personal attack. Would you like to start over and be civil?
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 10:57
    Originally posted by Nadia1
    we should all think of Africa
    And the children.
  12. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 16:41
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    They were exempt from membership because of their restricted membership of the "being in a concentration camp club" made it impossible for them to attend the meetings.
    The Hitler Youth was founded in 1922 - long before Jews were "being in a concentration camp club" as you put it.

from wikepdia:

By December 1936, HJ membership stood at just over five million. That same month, HJ membership became mandatory, under the Gesetz über die Hitlerjugend law. This legal obligation was re-affirmed in 1939 with the Jugenddienstpflicht and HJ membership was required even when it was opposed by the member's parents. From then on, most of Germany's teenagers belonged to the HJ. By 1940, it had eight million members. Later war figures are difficult to calculate, since massive conscription efforts and a general call-up of boys as young as ten years old meant that virtually every young male in Germany was, in some way, connected to the HJ. Only about 10 to 20% were able to avoid joining.[9]

Jews were not allowed to join - The Hitler Youth Hitler Youth recruitment poster. The wording translates to: "Youth serves the leader. All ten year-olds into the Hitler Youth."

The HJ were viewed as future "Aryan supermen" and were indoctrinated in anti-Semitism.
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 16:432 edits
    Originally posted by clearlight
    The Hitler Youth was founded in 1922 - long before Jews were "being in a concentration camp club" as you put it.

from wikepdia:

By December 1936, HJ membership stood at just over five million. That same month, HJ membership became mandatory, under the Gesetz über die Hitlerjugend law. This legal obligation was re-affirmed in 1939 with the Jugenddie
    The HJ were viewed as future "Aryan supermen" and were indoctrinated in anti-Semitism.
    Sorry, I was hoping my use of hyperbole was obvious. Apparently not.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 17:371 edit
    ... Would you like to start over and be civil?
    Sure, I'm all for that, to dial down the emotion and be civil.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 17:372 edits
    <ignore this post>

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree