Nice To Know The Pope Is Saving Africa

Nice To Know The Pope Is Saving Africa

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
21 Mar 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Sorry, I was hoping my use of hyperbole was obvious. Apparently not.
Why should it be obvious? Do you think we are all mind readers?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 Mar 09

CLARIFICATION OF THE POPE'S REMARKS ON HIV/AIDS

VATICAN CITY, 19 MAR 2009 (VIS) - The Holy See Press Office released the following communique yesterday afternoon:

"Concerning certain reactions aroused by the Pope's remarks on HIV/AIDS during his apostolic trip to Africa, Holy See Press Office Director Fr. Federico Lombardi S.J. has explained that the Holy Father was reiterating the position of the Catholic Church and the basic lines of her commitment to combat the terrible scourge of HIV/AIDS: Firstly, by educating people to a responsible practice of sexuality and by reaffirming the essential role marriage and the family. Secondly, by research into, and application of, effective cures for HIV/AIDS, and by making them available to the largest possible number of sick people through numerous initiatives and healthcare institutions. Thirdly, by human and spiritual assistance to AIDS victims and all other suffering people, who have always been close to the Church's heart.

"These are the areas in which the Church concentrates her efforts, not believing that relying primarily on the greater dissemination of condoms is, in fact, the best, most longsighted or effective way to combat the scourge of HIV/AIDS and safeguard human life".

http://212.77.1.245/news_services/press/vis/dinamiche/c4_en.htm

P

Moves
22 Mar 09

Originally posted by clearlight
Why should it be obvious? Do you think we are all mind readers?
I don't think you are all mind readers and nowhere did I suggest that I did.

You didn't apparently get that I was purposely exaggerating and some did. So what?

c

Moves
22 Mar 09

I don't think you are all mind readers and nowhere did I suggest that I did.

You didn't apparently get that I was purposely exaggerating and some did. So what?
Who were the 'some' that you refer to?

P

Moves
22 Mar 09

Originally posted by clearlight
Who were the 'some' that you refer to?
I'm not going to waste my time with this. You didn't get that I was exaggerating and that's fine. I honestly don't care.

What are you expecting? An apology for doing nothing wrong?

c

Moves
23 Mar 09

I'm not going to waste my time with this. You didn't get that I was exaggerating and that's fine. I honestly don't care.

What are you expecting? An apology for doing nothing wrong?
Ah Grasshopper - You said 'I'm not going to waste my time with this'

I say you already have.

You said 'You didn't get that I was exaggerating and that's fine'

I say you seem to contradict yourself or why would you bother replying?

You said 'I honestly don't care'

I say you seem to contradict yourself or why would you bother replying?

What am I expecting? More of the same unless you decide contradict your first sentence again.