1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 16:461 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yet Jesus spent his whole career as a preacher going round telling people to do just that.
    Yes he did. But it's the big picture that we should all look at. We want the entire sick and wicked system to be fixed just as he told us he would do. And in order for ones in the world that do not know this and do not know what is expected in following him and do not see and recognize the signs that he warned us about and learn what we have to do to survive the end of this system, someone has to go out and find these people that really want to know and learn these things.
    Many are not interested in the basic church sitting on there local corner because it offers not much unless your looking for intertainment and to just socialize.
    There are still some out there that are really searching for spiritual truth and want the answers from the Bible as to why things are going down hill so fast.
    The Bible has those answers in spite of the local churches not explaining it to there flocks.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The JW's have no aid agency, numerous other Christian groups do. Before Mr Galveston goes 'grandstanding' about how many publications his organisation has produced compared to other Christian denominations, maybe the thought might cross his mind that while his organisation are busy printing literature other denominations are spending their time and effort helping the most disadvantaged in the world.
    The fact of the matter remains we have helped literally millions of persons overcome addictions to drugs, addiction to alcohol, prostitution, and many other horrendous circumstances. We have freed persons from slavish preoccupation to materialism, preoccupation with self and the me-ism of western society. We have brought Arab and Israeli together, worshipping the same God, Serb, Croat and Ethnic Albanian as well. Indian and Pakistani, for our beautiful message transcends all known boundaries, and yes, we have helped persons overcome extreme poverty. All in all, we are pretty damn awesome.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 18:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes he did. But it's the big picture that we should all look at.
    So you disagree with Jesus? Interesting.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 18:57
    Yet Jesus spent his whole career as a preacher going round telling people to do just that.
    Jesus spent his time teaching about the Kingdom of God, but you would have to read the gospels to know that.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 18:58
    no he disagrees with your ill informed and erroneous assertions.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 19:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The fact of the matter remains we have helped literally millions of persons overcome addictions to drugs, addiction to alcohol, prostitution, and many other horrendous circumstances. We have freed persons from slavish preoccupation to materialism, preoccupation with self and the me-ism of western society. We have brought Arab and Israeli together, ...[text shortened]... d yes, we have helped persons overcome extreme poverty. All in all, we are pretty damn awesome.
    I think the same could be said about Scientology.
  7. St. Peter's
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 19:151 edit
    No Manny, not at all. This is just a point to show the many different books that the WTS has produced and all the languages they are in and compared to all other Christian religions. Other then he Mormons with the one book they have it's pretty much "0" from all the rest.
    Do they not take Jesus's commands to teach earthwide serious?
    poppycock. Your numbers are skewed because your only taking into account that the NWT is being translated into other languages. The bible has already been translated into hundreds of languages, they just differ in their source material (NIV vs KJV etc...) so your post is pure b.s.

There are bikers who raise money to bring bibles to countries where owning one can get you killed. These same bikers fund the translation of the gospels into native tongues for millions of people worldwide. They also have a pretty good track record of evangelism at home as wel: http://www.cmausa.org/cma_national/
    Yet more proof that the JW's are not the only people of faith who preach the gospel
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 19:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no he disagrees with your ill informed and erroneous assertions.
    You can read his mind. Wonderful. Odd then that in his post he agreed with me.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 20:38
    Your a true piece of work and becoming very predictable. So in you mind where did I disagree with Jesus? Please quote that sentence for us.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 20:39
    Originally posted by Doward
    poppycock. Your numbers are skewed because your only taking into account that the NWT is being translated into other languages. The bible has already been translated into hundreds of languages, they just differ in their source material (NIV vs KJV etc...) so your post is pure b.s.

There are bikers who raise money to bring bibles to countries where owning o ...[text shortened]... _national/
    Yet more proof that the JW's are not the only people of faith who preach the gospel
    Uh..Who else does it?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 03:43
    Originally posted by Doward

There are bikers who raise money to bring bibles to countries where owning o ...[text shortened]... _national/
    You got that right!
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 03:50
    You can read his mind. Wonderful. Odd then that in his post he agreed with me.
    There one in the same they are Borg!!! 😉
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 04:03
    I have to agree your false in this G-75 because all it takes is a simple google search and there are a lot of groups / foundations / ect..... involved in translating the bible so this shows that the JW's are not the only group doing this.

Manny
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 05:02
    Originally posted by menace71
    I have to agree your false in this G-75 because all it takes is a simple google search and there are a lot of groups / foundations / ect..... involved in translating the bible so this shows that the JW's are not the only group doing this.

Manny
    The report is not just showing Bibles. I never said we were the only ones printing Bibles in other languages. There are 3 other publications that are on that list as well as many other publications over the decades that we've printed and in many languages that are printed with the sole purpose of teaching the Bible to as many as possible in different countries that sometimes have never read or owned a Bible and know nothing of Jesus and the future that Jesus says will happen soon.
    And I'm not denying that others are doing that on some level too. If they are truly doing that in following Jesus's command then that is great and I'm sure that Jesus and his Father will notice it. But the obvious issue would be with the mainstream churches that do not see the importance of one on one teaching out in the cities and towns and door to door exactly like Jesus did and commanded us all to do.
    Yes the Catholic church is huge but how did they get that way? What is their history of how they've become so influincial? Could a lot of it have been fear and control or even just plain ole visual amazment that so many are pulled into in seeing the man made beauty and adornment of their churches?

One point I want to make about the issue that we should spend our money on such things as helping feed needy children or house the homeless as some think we should be doing instead of printing books and magazines.
    What examples did Jesus give? Did he with all his power and ability to make bountiful amounts of food out of a few fish, his priority? Could he not with all his power feed everyone in that part of the world and stop any starvation that probably existed then? Why didn't he?
    He was able to make wine out of water. He could have made any drink he wanted and in any amount he wanted. Why didn't do more?
    He cured the sick, but only a few times. Could he not have cured all the sicknesses that his people no doubt had? Why didn't he?
    He even raised the dead, but only a few times. Why didn't he do more?

So the question now is with all his power he had at his disposal, even to the point that he had the power to call on angels to protect him from being killed, why didn't he just use all that he could to help all that he could?
    But instead how did he spend the vast majority of his time once he stared the ministry work??????????
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 06:251 edit
    Your a true piece of work and becoming very predictable. So in you mind where did I disagree with Jesus? Please quote that sentence for us.
    Yes he did. But it's the big picture that we should all look at.

Do you see the word 'but' there? You agree that Jesus said one thing but you think we should do another. ie you disagree with Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree