1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 22:16
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    The only person that actually bothered to answer the OP question was divegeester, presenting information from the same page as posted. He cited where Martin Luther, shortly before his death, beseeched his brothers and sisters to love the Jews and pray for them.
    So, do you think it wasn't until "shortly before his death [when he] beseeched his brothers and sisters to love the Jews and pray for them" that Martin Luther became a Christian?
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 22:201 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So, do you think it wasn't until "shortly before his death [when he] beseeched his brothers and sisters to love the Jews and pray for them" that Martin Luther became a Christian?
    What I think doesn't really matter since as the bible tells us, only God knows the matters of the heart. I think everyone is a sinner including every single Christian. Racism is a sin against God. Thinking lustful thoughts is also a sin, and on and on. It at least -seems- as though this is a trap question. If I say yes, then it becomes "Tom thinks racists are model Christians." If I say no, then it calls everything Luther said prior to his repentance into question. I can't really say with absolute certainty but if forced to give my opinion, I think he was Christian well before his repentance for racism.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 22:33
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    What I think doesn't really matter since as the bible tells us, only God knows the matters of the heart. I think everyone is a sinner including every single Christian. Racism is a sin against God. Thinking lustful thoughts is also a sin, and on and on. It at least -seems- as though this is a trap question. If I say yes, then it becomes "Tom thinks r ...[text shortened]... ut if forced to give my opinion, I think he was Christian well before his repentance for racism.
    Do you think Jews have been persecuted by Christians for 2,000 years in Europe?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree