1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 06:06
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I doubt BB meant "buddy buddy with everyone" when he said 'swim upstream'.
    Or any of the rest of his post for that matter.

Spirituality can only be defined by an individual for that individual. It doesn't apply to anyone else, hence we get called out for making it up as we go.

Make it up as you go, couldn't be any worse ...
    Yes😡
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 06:421 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No fundamental truth, there are too many religions saying too many contradictory things for there to be truth in any of them. Nobody knows anything more than anyone else on the planet, we are all in the dark when it comes to fundamental truths. Most religions, Christianity, Islam, Judaism and the like are more concerned with controlling men and subjugating women.

This is not spirituality, this is control pure and simple.
    It is the extreme wickedness in the heart of man that has led man to be
    concerned with controlling men and subjugating women more than the
    worship of the God and Creator. Religious worship has been distorted
    by those men who want to usurp power and glory for themselves. Jesus
    is the way, the truth, and the life. There is no other authority under
    heaven by which humans can be saved.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 15:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Lets put it this way: Suppose an ant colony decides that humans are gods. We walk by, step on them, poison them, kill them whenever we can, the ants pray to their god for forgiveness.

How are these ants ever going to be able to figure out what their god is? Under what situation would we ever interact with ants except as a high school science experiment?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 20:59
    Boy will you all be in for a sad awakening when the last human gasps his last breath and cries out, Oh lord why hast thou forsaken us?
    Hmmmm, I see you DO understand irony.

You might not get that you're the one being ironic, here, but you're getting there.

The sad awakening will be yours, my friend.

I wonder if you will finally accept Him on your deathbed, like so many others, or if you will be arrogant to the end.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:00
    Lets put it this way: Suppose an ant colony decides that humans are gods. We walk by, step on them, poison them, kill them whenever we can, the ants pray to their god for forgiveness.

How are these ants ever going to be able to figure out what their god is? Under what situation would we ever interact with ants except as a high school science experiment?
    Men are ants? Or God is human?

Afraid I'm missing your point here.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:03
    Sadly, he'll just laugh at you and call you an idiot. Again. Stay strong, RJ.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:061 edit
    That concept is one of the central arrogances of religions. Thinking we are so highly thought of by whatever god you have made up, they will come down and go, Oh its ok, we will fix all your problems now, don't worry, WHY, because we LOVE you.
    This one sentence shows you really don't get it. Not at all. Not even close.

You can make a good start by losing the hate, man.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This one sentence shows you really don't get it. Not at all. Not even close.

You can make a good start by losing the hate, man.
    Hate? Not hate. Pure unadulterated disappointment. BTW, I knew the irony of what I was writing, and I never called anyone an idiot. Just controlled and duped by the biggest scam in 3000 years.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 02:35
    Hate? Not hate. Pure unadulterated disappointment. BTW, I knew the irony of what I was writing, and I never called anyone an idiot. Just controlled and duped by the biggest scam in 3000 years.
    I get it ! You are envious that you dont have the brains to pull off such a scam πŸ˜€
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 19:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I get it ! You are envious that you dont have the brains to pull off such a scam πŸ˜€
    I would never perpetrate such a fraud. I can't understand how billions of people could fall for it. Great salesmanship for such a death ridden religion. How many people have been killed in this centuries long fight between Christianity and Islam? How many more deaths will it take before people understand this is not about spirituality, but about the simple thrust of power?

Sure, you can claim about all the good religions do, helping the poor and such but that is really just a selfish response, keep the people on your side so your organizations can keep its throttle hold on its members.

Like I said, the biggest scam in 3000 years.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 19:19
    I would never perpetrate such a fraud. I can't understand how billions of people could fall for it. Great salesmanship for such a death ridden religion. How many people have been killed in this centuries long fight between Christianity and Islam? How many more deaths will it take before people understand this is not about spirituality, but about the simple ...[text shortened]... ons can keep its throttle hold on its members.

In 3000 years?

How old are you?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 03:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    In 3000 years?

How old are you?
    Yeah, have to admit, just a bit under 2000, so I didn't see the earlier ones......
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 04:44

Are you trying to act like an idiot again?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 04:49
    I would never perpetrate such a fraud. I can't understand how billions of people could fall for it. Great salesmanship for such a death ridden religion. How many people have been killed in this centuries long fight between Christianity and Islam? How many more deaths will it take before people understand this is not about spirituality, but about the simple ...[text shortened]... ons can keep its throttle hold on its members.

You diffently sound like one of those far-out liberals, way out in left field.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 07:22
    You diffently sound like one of those far-out liberals, way out in left field.
    Dont bring politics into it or I will unleash a barrage of pro liberal propagand mixed in with my posts. Now nobody would want that now would we? We already have rwingett πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree