1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    17 Apr '05 05:01
    My behavior earlier today was unacceptable. I'm asking for your forgiveness. I often try to attack the argument and not the person but today I failed miserably. I often disagree with you, but that doesn't give me the right to act in such a way. Again, please forgive me.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    17 Apr '05 05:06
    Originally posted by Darfius
    My behavior earlier today was unacceptable. I'm asking for your forgiveness. I often try to attack the argument and not the person but today I failed miserably. I often disagree with you, but that doesn't give me the right to act in such a way. Again, please forgive me.
    What thread did this alleged incident take place in?
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    21784
    17 Apr '05 06:58
    Darn I came in thinking we would be discussing the spiritual implications of no1marauder. I'm finding these thread titles very misleding lately.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55254
    17 Apr '05 08:19
    Originally posted by Darfius
    My behavior earlier today was unacceptable. I'm asking for your forgiveness. I often try to attack the argument and not the person but today I failed miserably. I often disagree with you, but that doesn't give me the right to act in such a way. Again, please forgive me.
    Do you think No1. is Jesus? Do you think he's gonna forgive you?

    And more importantly...if he doesn't, are you still secured that one way ticket to heaven?

    On the other hand, it is commendable that you owe up to your mistakes. Well done.
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Joined
    16 Jun '04
    Moves
    63851
    17 Apr '05 10:26
    One of my chief problems with Christianity is that it is centered around acceptance of forgiveness and redemption, when that is not what it is all about. The act of offering yourself up and asking for forgiveness is key; the acceptance of that plea is immaterial. Darfius, you offered your apology not because you expected to be forgiven, but instead because it weighed heavy on your heart. That is what religion should be about, not the crime and punishment thing you got going on now.

    ... --- ...
  6. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23634
    17 Apr '05 16:07

    Be carefull with No1. He is a professional provoker. He is the Champion in Ad Hominems and Strawmenreasoning. He uses those fallacies to try and drive you crazy. He'll accuse you of being a liar, a fool, a troll, etc etc. and these are the more moderate accusations you will find in the jargon he uses. There is no end to his accusations. The longer you "discuss" things with him the more probable it will be you'll go "overboard" someday, somehow. He looks upon this as an achievement and spouts his "victory" without any shame on some gossip site.


  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    17 Apr '05 16:23
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    [No1 will] accuse you of being a liar, a fool, a troll, etc etc. and these are the more moderate accusations you will find in the jargon he uses. There is no end to his accusations.
    "You damned clown. You're a manipulating traitor same as the others from the Wolfpack. You lied and lied and lied about what you are trying to do and with whom you were trying to do that. Traitor! Liar! Indeed a hypocrite." -- ivanhoe
  8. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23634
    17 Apr '05 17:392 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    "You damned clown. You're a manipulating traitor same as the others from the Wolfpack. You lied and lied and lied about what you are trying to do and with whom you were trying to do that. Traitor! Liar! Indeed a hypocrite." -- ivanhoe
    Thanks for offering the evidence that I was also pushed over the edge. I have more than enough experience with these gentlemen. In this case not only with No1, but also with other members of a certain gossip site, among which the Two-Faced Elusive Nemesio, to whom the quote you gave was directed at. At that time this gentlemen didn't mind posing as a Christian. There are still people who believe he is one. He is not.

    Thanks for your quote, Dear Doctor. I'm sure you saved more quotes of mine to prove my point ......
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    17 Apr '05 17:49
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Thanks for offering the evidence that I was also pushed over the edge. I have more than enough experience with these gentlemen. In this case not only with No1, but also with other members of a certain gossip site, among which the Two-Faced Elusive Nemesio, to whom the quote you gave was directed at. At that time this gentlemen didn't mind posing as a Chris ...[text shortened]... ks for your quote, Dear Doctor. I'm sure you saved more quotes of mine to prove my point ......
    Two-Faced Elusive Nemesio

    So who's the king of the insults again?
  10. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23634
    17 Apr '05 17:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]Two-Faced Elusive Nemesio

    So who's the king of the insults again?[/b]

    Is dat an insult ? It is a short description of how this gentlemen shows two faces to us. One face here at RHP and a different one, a vulgar gossipping one, at Crib's Gossip site. The elusive part refers to his habit of taking stances without referring to his convictions or beliefs.

  11. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23634
    17 Apr '05 18:10

    May I remind you Cribs (Dr.Scribbles) that you still refuse to end the account opened using my RHP handle on your gossip site. It is again a way of trying to anger and upset people .... and if you finally succeed in doing so, you save the statements made in anger to quote and to use against them a next time. These actions are dispicable and show how you and your gossip friends poison the RHP debating forums. You and your friends managed to chase away many people from this site. Nobody is taking any effective actions against this and thats why it will continu.
  12. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Joined
    28 Feb '05
    Moves
    4500
    17 Apr '05 18:16
    Ivanhoe,

    I am sure that Nemisio is a fine upstanding, church of his choice going citizen in the outside world away from this site that is exercising a power he probably has non of at home. Heck, he's probably like a lot of people who come here. It is much easier to take to task the beliefs of others in the attack mode when there is no true emotional investment for his type of person. If he is Christian he certainly does not act very Christian like. JMO


    RTh
  13. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    29935
    17 Apr '05 18:25
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    One of my chief problems with Christianity is that it is centered around acceptance of forgiveness and redemption, when that is not what it is all about. The act of offering yourself up and asking for forgiveness is key; the acceptance of that plea is immaterial. Darfius, you offered your apology not because you expected to be forgiven, but instead be ...[text shortened]... eligion should be about, not the crime and punishment thing you got going on now.

    ... --- ...
    Huh?

    What would it mean to 'ask for forgiveness', and yet not accept it when it is offered? Most of these 'spiritual' concepts we talk about are not so different from the physical issues we deal with every day. Like if I ask for a pizza, I will be sure to accept it if you are so very generous enough to share yours. If I didn't, after I asked for it, you'd think I was weird. (I mean, weirder!)

    If I never recognize my hunger, admit it, and find out who has the good heart of a pizza sharer, then humble myself enough to ask for some, I would never get any. (Being a Gentleman you would respect me enough not to force feed me) I would go on being pizza starved, and when you've taken your stash and moved on, (Talk about the end of the world!) I'd be lost in my own little pizzaless world. Not really 'punished', but certainly suffering.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    17 Apr '05 18:351 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    May I remind you Cribs (Dr.Scribbles) that you still refuse to end the account opened using my RHP handle on your gossip site. It is again a way of trying to anger and upset people ....
    First, why do you think you have sole rights to the name Ivanhoe? It's not even your name! You took it from a well-known piece of literature. Why should you have jurisdiction over who else uses that name on other sites?

    Second, I only administer the gossip site and participate as one user. I don't create and post under every account name there. So, the existence of a user by that name is not my way of doing anything at all, much less an attempt at angering people. On the gossip site, somebody else chose to use the name ivanhoe, perhaps for the very same reasons you chose to use it here. I don't know, and it's not my concern. It is not the policy of the gossip site to require users to justify their choice of usernames, nor to forbid them from using any particular username at the request of a non-member.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    17 Apr '05 19:021 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    My behavior earlier today was unacceptable. I'm asking for your forgiveness. I often try to attack the argument and not the person but today I failed miserably. I often disagree with you, but that doesn't give me the right to act in such a way. Again, please forgive me.
    I merely said I'd accept your apology for calling me a liar when I stated (truthfully) "that many early Christians did not believe in the resurrection particulary the Gnostics" in "Is The Resurrection of Jesus Christ a Reality" thread. I have no idea what this post means; what exactly are you asking to be forgiven for? Your conduct in that thread did not differ substantially from your conduct in most threads except that you falsely accused me of lying. A simple withdrawal of that false claim in the appropriate thread would have been far more meaningful to me than this type of soul-searching tripe. Someone calling me a liar on the internet is not a big enough deal to warrant asking for forgiveness in my view; simply retract the claim that I deliberately told a falsehood and be done with it.
Back to Top