None like Me

None like Me

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Apr 10

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Zappa clearly displays more wisdom. Childish ego and transference is the motivation behind the first quote whereas Zappa is only speaking to help people. (If all you see is yourself then you'll probably completely misunderstand what I just said.)
Spoken like a thoroughly modern fool.

The quote from Isaiah talks about two of God's particular aspects which reveal His character, those things which distinguish Him from any other so-called gods. In the first place, man craves knowledge--- we are insatiable in our curiosities in nearly every direction, legitimate or otherwise.

We even lay bets on our ability to accurately foretell the future! God tells us, basically: don't waste your money. Why? Because He knows all. Beyond just saying that He knows, however, He tells us what's going to happen before it happens. By doing so, this is (at minimum) a demonstration of His superior knowledge.

Conversely, man is also very desirous of fulfilling his plans. History is replete with examples of such efforts, both successful and unfruitful. Unlike man, God's plans are never thwarted. Even with the Fall of Man, God's plan marched forward--- in fact, the Fall proves that God did the impossible. That the rest of His plan is still in progress to this day and until the end of human history is of great consequence, but ideally, His point was already proven there in the Garden.

The nail in the coffin, however, was pressed through His hands. Funny how God works, huh.

Moves
28 Apr 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Spoken like a thoroughly modern fool.

The quote from Isaiah talks about two of God's particular aspects which reveal His character, those things which distinguish Him from any other so-called gods. In the first place, man craves knowledge--- we are insatiable in our curiosities in nearly every direction, legitimate or otherwise.

We even lay bets on ...[text shortened]...
The nail in the coffin, however, was pressed through His hands. Funny how God works, huh.
Spoken like a vapid ego-driven delusional.

You don't know what's going to happen next week any more than the rest of us. You're just too proud to admit it so you knuckle-drag your way to false certainty at the expense of the here and now. If I had a nickel for every prophesy I would be closer to knowing my future (but no wiser.) Conversely, as Frank was trying to point out, if I could convince enough rubes that I did "know" something they didn't I could have a clearly better future living from the fruits of their efforts than expending my own sweat in a universe of uncertainty (job one for the religious leader.) Funny how people that would be challenged to think their way out of a paper bag can easily proclaim their knowledge of "everything."

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Apr 10

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Spoken like a vapid ego-driven delusional.

You don't know what's going to happen next week any more than the rest of us. You're just too proud to admit it so you knuckle-drag your way to false certainty at the expense of the here and now. If I had a nickel for every prophesy I would be closer to knowing my future (but no wiser.) Conversely, as Frank ...[text shortened]... think their way out of a paper bag can easily proclaim their knowledge of "everything."
Spoken like a thesaurus-dependent one-note hunt-and-pecker.

You don't know what's going to happen next week any more than the rest of us.
Thanks for that update.

I probably should have given more background on the quote, and for that, I take full responsibility. Isaiah was written about 3,000 years ago, whereas I was born 46 years ago. Emphatically, Isaiah was not referencing yours truly when this was originally put down. Instead, he was quoting God.

You're just too proud to admit it so you knuckle-drag your way to false certainty at the expense of the here and now.
Boy oh boy, did you nail it. I go to work when scheduled; meet our financial obligations, including the dreaded taxes; vote; have the kids' college educations accounted for; have established a fairly decent retirement account--- not that I'm thinking of ever retiring, of course; plan on multiple yearly vacations; read the paper; play basketball four-five times a week; look forward to the Cavs eliminating the Celtics in the next round; anticipating my first listen to the Gorillaz newest album; need I go on?

If I had a nickel for every prophesy I would be closer to knowing my future (but no wiser.)
The profit you seek is not to be found in tolls, but in acceptance. Start with the one given to the woman in the Garden: her seed eventually produced the Messiah.

Conversely, as Frank was trying to point out, if I could convince enough rubes that I did "know" something they didn't I could have a clearly better future living from the fruits of their efforts than expending my own sweat in a universe of uncertainty (job one for the religious leader.)
Or any other leader, for that matter. Take Frank, for instance. He insisted that we ought to reject all authority but our own, correct?

Funny how people that would be challenged to think their way out of a paper bag can easily proclaim their knowledge of "everything."
I don't know that you could find a paper bag to put God in. Give it a shot, though.

d

Moves
28 Apr 10

We'll see how it pans out for each of those authors.
Brothers and Sisters, I have seen the fate of both these prophets and God has compelled me to share it with all of you!

Behold!

http://tinyurl.com/y79ra63

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Apr 10

Originally posted by darvlay
Brothers and Sisters, I have seen the fate of both these prophets and God has compelled me to share it with all of you!

Behold!

http://tinyurl.com/y79ra63
True. Temporarily true.

d

Moves
28 Apr 10

True. Temporarily true.
I object to your implication that it will at some point become demonstrably false, Furthermore, I insist that, as a result, we become immediately entrenched in a full-on FORUM WAR that shall ultimately bear no fruit and serve no purpose.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
28 Apr 10

See? He has a grave. He definitely existed. Now, let's have a look at Jesus's grave shall we? Oh yeah, they 'lost' it. Noah's grave? Nope. Moses? Aaron? Abraham? Methuselah? Anybody?

a

Moves
28 Apr 10

Freaky, I disagree with everything you've said here, but most of all:

look forward to the Cavs eliminating the Celtics in the next round

You're a King James (Lebron sillies, not the Biblical translation) guy aren't you?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Apr 10

Originally posted by amolv06
Freaky, I disagree with everything you've said here, but most of all:

[b]look forward to the Cavs eliminating the Celtics in the next round

You're a King James (Lebron sillies, not the Biblical translation) guy aren't you?[/b]
Sorry to burst your Boston bubble, but the Celtics will feel the wrath of the King soon enough.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
28 Apr 10

Originally posted by darvlay
I object to your implication that it will at some point become demonstrably false, Furthermore, I insist that, as a result, we become immediately entrenched in a full-on FORUM WAR that shall ultimately bear no fruit and serve no purpose.
I like the way you think.
Rage on...

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
29 Apr 10

Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.

I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

Isaiah 46:9,10
He is talking about an entity that can move backward and forward in SpaceTime and can be everywhere at once; simply looking at an event, this entity can alter it instantaneously -and anyway it will do its thing.
This Isaiah's entity as it appears and resounds is neither established nor real; the pseudoscience of theology tries its best in order to promote this religious nonsense😵

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Apr 10

Originally posted by black beetle
He is talking about an entity that can move backward and forward in SpaceTime and can be everywhere at once; simply looking at an event, this entity can alter it instantaneously -and anyway it will do its thing.
This Isaiah's entity as it appears and resounds is neither established nor real; the pseudoscience of theology tries its best in order to promote this religious nonsense😵
Your disdain for the reality of His existence and characteristics will soon enough be replaced with awe--- no matter your level of supposed refinement/sophistication otherwise.

Established? Of course not, silly: He's always been!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
29 Apr 10

Your disdain for the reality of His existence and characteristics will soon enough be replaced with awe--- no matter your level of supposed refinement/sophistication otherwise.

Established? Of course not, silly: He's always been!
You get no direction, no refinement and no sophistication from me -refined and sophisticated and manipulating is your rewritten Abrahamic theology.

Within one there are the limitless and within the limitless there is one: I accomplished fearlessness for I understand they mutually arise. The "awe" you are talking about is the result of the projections of your mind😵

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 10

Originally posted by black beetle
You get no direction, no refinement and no sophistication from me -refined and sophisticated and manipulating is your rewritten Abrahamic theology.

Within one there are the limitless and within the limitless there is one: I accomplished fearlessness for I understand they mutually arise. The "awe" you are talking about is the result of the projections of your mind😵
Remember that when you're flat on your face worshiping the God of all creation.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
30 Apr 10

Remember that when you're flat on your face worshiping the God of all creation.
Kindly please keep up worshiping your God according to your evaluation of the mind😵