1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 19:11
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Care to elaborate on this nihilistic view of life?

It's unbiblical.
    Nothing we try to accomplish in this world will survive. Look at your ancestors, nothing they accomplished amounts to anything. Even those in our history books will be forgotten eventually.

Any kind of Mark we try to make in this world is just a sand castle waiting for the tide to roll in.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 19:41
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Funny at how you are so blind.
    Thank you for that observation oh wise master teacher.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 19:49
    Nothing we try to accomplish in this world will survive. Look at your ancestors, nothing they accomplished amounts to anything. Even those in our history books will be forgotten eventually.

Any kind of Mark we try to make in this world is just a sand castle waiting for the tide to roll in.
    All that is entirely unbiblical.

The Bible says otherwise. The work that Christians do in this world are treasures stored in heaven. That which is built in this life on the foundation of Jesus Christ will carry over to the next. Everything that we do in this life that doesn't give glory to God will burn.

I'd provide the biblical references but you ought to know them already. I won't argue over them with you.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 20:13
    There is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be any remembrance of later things yet to be among those who come after. Eccl 1:11
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 20:321 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    There is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be any remembrance of later things yet to be among those who come after. Eccl 1:11
    'And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying,
    “Great and amazing are your deeds, O Lord God the Almighty! Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations!'

The above passage from Revelation tells us sir that in heaven Christian chaps will sing the song of the Lamb and of Moses (Revelation 15:3), which, of course, is a song about past history. So, if we're going to sing about history how can it be said there is no remembrance of former things?

Edit: Check.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 20:39
    All that is entirely unbiblical.

The Bible says otherwise. The work that Christians do in this world are treasures stored in heaven. That which is built in this life on the foundation of Jesus Christ will carry over to the next. Everything that we do in this life that doesn't give glory to God will burn.

I'd provide the biblical references but you ought to know them already. I won't argue over them with you.
    You are blind it is totally Biblical, but as a deceived child of Satan you can't see it.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 21:081 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    'And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying,
    “Great and amazing are your deeds, O Lord God the Almighty! Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations!'

The above passage from Revelation tells us sir that in heaven Christian chaps will sing the song of the Lamb and of Moses (Revelation 15:3), whic ...[text shortened]... ng about history how can it be said there is no remembrance of former things?

Edit: Check.
    Nothing we do (see Ecclesiastes), given enough time, will be remembered by any of us.
    The praises you are citing give glory to God.

edit: en passant discovered double checkmate
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 21:18
    Nothing we do (see Ecclesiastes), given enough time, will be remembered by any of us.

Do you think we'll forget the cross?
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 21:22
    You are blind it is totally Biblical, but as a deceived child of Satan you can't see it.
    You've made only accusations without substance. Validate and substantiate your claims with real evidence or shut your yap.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 21:24

See how the rest of the bible can screw up your understanding if applied without some common sense?
  11. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 21:25
    Do you think we'll forget the cross?
    I imagine we'll be praising God plenty, for His work on the cross!
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 21:57
    I imagine we'll be praising God plenty, for His work on the cross!
    It will be interesting to see just how much of this world we'll remember. I'd just as soon forget the lot of it.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 23:01
    You've made only accusations without substance. Validate and substantiate your claims with real evidence or shut your yap.
    How can the blind see truth? It is impossible until God opens your eyes concerning this natural world.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 23:211 edit
    How can the blind see truth? It is impossible until God opens your eyes concerning this natural world.
    "How can the blind see truth?"

By believing in Jesus Christ and being born again.

" It is impossible until God opens your eyes concerning this natural world."

I suppose you have some inherent supernatural ability to "see" better than anyone else this "natural world".

When you begin to support your assertions with sound biblical truth instead of deriding others with condemnation, like the troll Rajk, then I'll begin to take you seriously.

Untill then I have no use for you high minded self righteous meanderings.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 01:021 edit
    [b]"How can the blind see truth?"

By believing in Jesus Christ and being born again.

" It is impossible until God opens your eyes concerning this natural world."

I suppose you have some inherent supernatural ability to "see" better than anyone else this "natural world".

When you begin to support your assertions with sound biblical t ...[text shortened]... take you seriously.

Untill then I have no use for you high minded self righteous meanderings.[/b]
    Not the Jesus you believe in. You believe in a false Jesus.

What leads you to believe that I care if you agree with me or not. I have no desire to get you to believe the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree