1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 13:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Not the Jesus you believe in. You believe in a false Jesus.

What leads you to believe that I care if you agree with me or not. I have no desire to get you to believe the truth.
    No desire to get me to believe the truth?

If you knew the truth you would.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 15:13
    Originally posted by @secondson
    No desire to get me to believe the truth?

If you knew the truth you would.
    Yet another lie lol.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 06:53
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Nothing we do (see Ecclesiastes), given enough time, will be remembered by any of us.
    The praises you are citing give glory to God.

edit: en passant discovered double checkmate
    Illegal move.

Our history and God's history are inextricably entwined. Remembering, for example, Jesus on the cross would be meaningless if the social context of his crucifixion were forgotten.

Checkmate.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 13:262 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Illegal move.

Our history and God's history are inextricably entwined. Remembering, for example, Jesus on the cross would be meaningless if the social context of his crucifixion were forgotten.

Checkmate.
    Actually not true, the salvation wasn't from us, or due to us, but due to God who sent Jesus
    to us, Jesus who came to do the Father's will, and the Holy Spirit being given to us in this
    world and lifetime so we can know God. This isn't due to social context, but God inspired
    therefore not dependent upon man for squat. You overlooked a move, it wasn't mate.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 13:58
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Actually not true, the salvation wasn't from us, or due to us, but due to God who sent Jesus
    to us, Jesus who came to do the Father's will, and the Holy Spirit being given to us in this
    world and lifetime so we can know God. This isn't due to social context, but God inspired
    therefore not dependent upon man for squat. You overlooked a move, it wasn't mate.
    I think you misread the board sir. (We'll call your move impulsive).

No one was saying salvation was dependent upon us. We were discussing 'memory' in heaven. Do you not think it important that if, in heaven, (as Revelation purports) we remember the Lamb through song, that we also remember what the Lamb did and the people he interacted with and changed? If all Earthly memory was wiped in heaven Gods work would be similarly wiped and wouldn't feature in our songs.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 14:11
    I think you misread the board sir. (We'll call your move impulsive).

No one was saying salvation was dependent upon us. We were discussing 'memory' in heaven. Do you not think it important that if, in heaven, (as Revelation purports) we remember the Lamb through song, that we also remember what the Lamb did and the people he interacted with and c ...[text shortened]... memory was wiped in heaven Gods work would be similarly wiped and wouldn't feature in our songs.
    I see, sorry, the reason for the conversation was on the page before you are right.
    I have no doubt that all the things that cause grief are going to be wiped away, but I don't
    think the cross is a cause of grief, instead one of the greatest joys we have. How that will
    work out no idea, even music in an eternal kingdom escapes me, since keeping time is
    keeping time, can you do that in a timeless Kingdom. 🙂
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 18:37
    I see, sorry, the reason for the conversation was on the page before you are right.
    I have no doubt that all the things that cause grief are going to be wiped away, but I don't
    think the cross is a cause of grief, instead one of the greatest joys we have. How that will
    work out no idea, even music in an eternal kingdom escapes me, since keeping time is
    keeping time, can you do that in a timeless Kingdom. 🙂
    I think Tom lost this argument in a dramatic fashion. (Children will sing songs about it).

In a heaven where only the actions of God are remembered, people will (in Tom's vision) sing songs about the crucifixion but have no memory of why the crucifixion was necessary or what came before it.
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 19:33
    I think Tom lost this argument in a dramatic fashion. (Children will sing songs about it).

In a heaven where only the actions of God are remembered, people will (in Tom's vision) sing songs about the crucifixion but have no memory of why the crucifixion was necessary or what came before it.
    [raises fist]

I'll get you, GoaD! If it's the last thing I do!! 😠
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:19

Who is going to want to remember children being torn to pieces, starved to death, beaten,
    and all the other wicked things done in this place?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:24
    [raises fist]

I'll get you, GoaD! If it's the last thing I do!! 😠
    Many have tried sir...
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:281 edit
    Who is going to want to remember children being torn to pieces, starved to death, beaten,
    Sure, but who wouldn't want to remember their parents, their wedding day, the time they sat on a white sanded beach, warmed by the sun, perfectly happy and content?
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:36
    In the bible when people enter the presence of God, they become powerless and fall to their knees. NDEs are usually described as being in the presence of light and being overcome by a total sense of peace. It's hard to believe that in heaven, in the constant presence of the glory of God, we will have the want--or even the ability--to remember much of anything about our petty triumphs, sufferings and shortcomings during the fleeting experience we had as physical beings on Earth. On an infinite timeline, our experience on Earth would be relatively and infinitesimally small.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:39
    In the bible when people enter the presence of God, they become powerless and fall to their knees. NDEs are usually described as being in the presence of light and being overcome by a total sense of peace. It's hard to believe that in heaven, in the constant presence of the glory of God, we will have the want--or even the ability--to remember much of a ...[text shortened]... On an infinite timeline, our experience on Earth would be relatively and infinitesimally small.
    I agree
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:411 edit
    Sure, but who wouldn't want to remember their parents, their wedding day, the time they sat on a white sanded beach, warmed by the sun, perfectly happy and content?
    What I will say is, I believe the joy set before us, will dwarf this life in its entirety.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 07:27
    What I will say is, I believe the joy set before us, will dwarf this life in its entirety.
    It warms my heart sir to hear there will be dwarfs in eternity.

Edit: I may have misread your post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree