1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 21:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's just called "common courtesy". Don't flatter yourself.
    flatter myself???? Is it not true that unless we have love of self its impossible to love others as ourself as the Christ directed us?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 21:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    flatter myself???? Is it not true that unless we have love of self its impossible to love others as ourself as the Christ directed us?
    Are we not warned (many times) against 'vanity' as well?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 21:42
    Are we not warned (many times) against 'vanity' as well?
    are we?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 22:10
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I am not sure if you are misunderstanding me on purpose, or just trying to defend the indefensible...

The point I am making is as follows:

1 There is a written word, which is the Bible, which is taken as a Guide for Living by many different groups of people.

2 As this Forum has demonstrated on occasions too numerous to mention, these various group ...[text shortened]... opagated as being the only way anybody should believe - which is what I am afraid you are doing.
    I understand you. That is one reason we tell the JWs that their interpretation to refrain from blood does not mean that giving blood for blood transfusions to save lives is wrong. But they throw logic and reason out the widow if it differs from their Watchtower propaganda. Otherwise they are decent people.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 00:00
    are we?
    Well, those of us who read a real Bible are. I don't know what exactly you NWT readers are warned against. Maybe infidels (non-JW Christians). Maybe trousers. Maybe people named 'Moriarty'. I can see then why your dogma obviously includes such an emphasis on "being awesome".

The Blue Letter Bible website really needs to include the NWT so I can make these kinds of direct comparisons.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 03:32
    Well, those of us who read a real Bible are. I don't know what exactly you NWT readers are warned against. Maybe infidels (non-JW Christians). Maybe trousers. Maybe people named 'Moriarty'. I can see then why your dogma obviously includes such an emphasis on "being awesome".

The Blue Letter Bible website really needs to include the NWT so I can make these kinds of direct comparisons.
    You can find the new 2013 revision here:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 09:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I understand you. That is one reason we tell the JWs that their interpretation to refrain from blood does not mean that giving blood for blood transfusions to save lives is wrong. But they throw logic and reason out the widow if it differs from their Watchtower propaganda. Otherwise they are decent people.
    hehe you talking about logic and reason is amusing. pot kettle black
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 09:31

when you cite an actual verse, let me know.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 11:19
    when you cite an actual verse, let me know.
    Leviticus 20
    10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 11:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    hehe you talking about logic and reason is amusing. pot kettle black
    Would you prefer common sense.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 12:44
    Leviticus 20
    10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.
    what about it?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 12:45
    what about it?
    actual verse cited
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 12:50
    actual verse cited
    brilliant, well done.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 12:55
    brilliant, well done.
    wanna hear the one about how god made a bet and allowed satan to torture the nicest man on earth for said bet?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 13:01
    wanna hear the one about how god made a bet and allowed satan to torture the nicest man on earth for said bet?
    I think I've heard it, integrity is a deeply spiritual concept, I don't think it should be described in such terms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree