1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 21:281 edit
    little girls were raped.

There are 54 verses. Which verse tells me God commanded that the little girls be raped ?

If no numbered verse is in your next reply then you're a liar.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 21:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    little girls were raped.

There are 54 verses. Which verse tells me God commanded that the little girls be raped ?

and lets hope his pants catch fire!
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:33
    little girls were raped.

would you have a problem with god if he did demand little girls were raped? surely him drowning little girls in the flood, or butchering caananite little girls or the little girls of soddom and gommorah is worse than rape???
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:36
    No proof of divine commanded raping of young girls is yet forthcoming.

He's lying and a false accuser.

Then we have this:

hey, o moronic one. all virgins were to be made slaves. what DO you think happened to them? education and a career, then a happy family life?

God commanded the Israelites concerning treatment of POWs and slaves. There were laws concerning their treatment. Rape is not allowed.

That they took some of the women POWs for themselves was to be according to the commandments concerning marrying female POWs.

We don't see in Numbers 31 that violations occurred. But if they did they would have been violations against what God had commanded.

God had just judged Israel with a punishing plague for their fornication with Midianite women (Numbers 31:16). Why would they be eager to repeat the offense ?

And "the sons of Korah" latter wrote some of the Psalms.
    not that korah. he was dead. along with his family. the bible doesn't lie and doesn't contradict itself. remember?

The phrase "along with his family" need not mean no child was exempted so that all Korah's descendants were terminated completely.

The sons of Korah - http://www.biblestudytools.com/encyclopedias/isbe/korahites-sons-of-korah.html

Descendants of Korah are mentioned much in Chronicles.

By the same token the Amalekites show up latter in the history of Israel in Canaan. So complete extermination must not have been the case. The book of Esther has Haman the Agagite show up as an enemy of the Hebrews. Agag was suppose to be the last surviving Amalekite which Samuel hacked into pieces when king Saul failed to do so.

Expresssion that indicate totally no surviving descendent then, sometimes have to be taken as perhaps typical military speak of the era.

If someone wants to prove that the "sons of Korah" trace back to another Korah besides that spoken of in the book of Numbers, I'll look at their information.

These instances of military conquest were a one time historical situation related specifically to the theocratic conquest of Canaan. They are not standard expected instructions for the New Testament follower of Jesus Christ since the arising of the Christian church.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:41
    No proof of divine commanded raping of young girls is yet forthcoming.

He's lying and a false accuser.

Then we have this:

hey, o moronic one. all virgins were to be made slaves. what DO you think happened to them? education and a career, then a happy family life?

God commanded the Israelites concerning treatment of POWs and ...[text shortened]... he New Testament follower of Jesus Christ since the arising of the Christian church.
    soooo rapes terrible but murder is fine in the right circumstances????? i would say any murder of a little girl is worse than any rape of a little girl.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:433 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    would you have a problem with god if he did demand little girls were raped? surely him drowning little girls in the flood, or butchering caananite little girls or the little girls of soddom and gommorah is worse than rape???
    As far as I am aware God has not arbitrarily executed anyone without warning and repeated appeals for a change of behavior, but then again, i realise that i am dealing with someone that must know more about the situation than God himself. People lost their lives in the flood because they simply took no note of the impending judgement, the earth was filled with violence, people were irredeemable from their 'youth up', the scriptures say. As for Sodom, God reasoned with Abraham, find me a righteous man and ill spare it, in the case of Nineveh, God spared the city because of their repentance, why do we never hear of you mentioning these instances?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As far as I am aware God has not arbitrarily executed anyone without warning and repeated appeals for a change of behavior, but then again, i realise that i am dealing with someone that must know more about the situation than God himself. People lost their lives in the flood because they simply took no note of the impending judgement, they earth wa ...[text shortened]... the city because of their repentance, why do we never hear of you mentioning these instances?
    are you saying that a 5 year old little girl should be held responsible for her own actions???? if she doesnt head the word of god she should be murdered??? what about a 3 yrd old or a 2 or 1 or 6mnt or 1mnt or 1day year old baby girl, should they be held responsible because they didnt listen to god?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:511 edit
    There are two kinds of people in this world. The ones who love God and those who will not.
    God created this world for believers and he takes care to bless them and rejoices over them. He protects them even when it means defending them against the 2nd group (unbelievers).
    God does not destroy innocent people. God is love, but he does give them up when they refuse to acknowledge him.
    When this happens, the unbelievers reap what they sow. If Satan is the god of this world and he comes to kill, steal and destroy, that is who unbelievers turn to when they refuse to acknowledge a Holy and loving God.
    Then they blame God even though they don't want him in their lives.

At this point, many ask "Why didn't God just destroy Satan when he rebelled?...notice what E.G. White writes...(She was a Christian Pioneer in the 1800's)
    Even when it was decided that he could no longer remain in Heaven, infinite wisdom did not destroy Satan. Since the service of love can alone be acceptable to God, the allegiance of His creatures must rest upon a conviction of His justice and benevolence. The inhabitants of Heaven,... being unprepared to comprehend the nature or consequences of sin, could not then have seen the justice and mercy of God in the destruction of Satan. Had he been immediately blotted from existence, they would have served God from fear, rather than from love. The influence of the deceiver would not have been fully destroyed, nor would the spirit of rebellion have been utterly eradicated. Evil must be permitted to come to maturity. For the good of the entire universe through ceaseless ages, Satan must more fully develop his principles, that his charges against the divine government might be seen in their true light by all created beings, that the justice and mercy of God and the immutability of His law might forever be placed beyond all question.

Satan’s rebellion was to be a lesson to the universe through all coming ages, a perpetual testimony to the nature and terrible results of sin. The working out of Satan’s rule, its effects upon both men and angels, would show what must be the fruit of setting aside the divine authority. It would testify that with the existence of God’s government and His Law is bound up the well being of all the creatures He has made. Thus the history of his terrible experiment of rebellion was to be a perpetual safeguard to all holy intelligences, to prevent them from being deceived as to the nature of transgression, to save them from committing sin, and suffering its punishment.
    E.G. White’s perspective is also pertinent here:

While men are ignorant of his devices, this vigilant foe is upon their track every moment. He is intruding his presence in every department of the household, in every street of our cities, in the churches, in the national councils, in the courts of justice, perplexing, deceiving, seducing, everywhere ruining the souls and bodies of men, women, and children, breaking up families, sowing hatred, emulation, strife, sedition, murder. And the Christian world seems to regard these things as though God had appointed them and they must exist.
    Next I will post on the figure of speech "Metonomy"
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:55
    The Figure of Speech Metonymy as used in the Bible...
    This is a figure of speech used in the bible, especially in the Old Testament which blames God for evil rather than Satan, where it rightly belongs...
    I hope this helps many understand that the loving God of the N.T. is the same as the loving God of the O.T.

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=349
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    There are two kinds of people in this world. The ones who love God and those who will not.
    God created this world for believers and he takes care to bless them and rejoices over them. He protects them even when it means defending them against the 2nd group (unbelievers).
    God does not destroy innocent people. God is love, but he does give them up when t ...[text shortened]... d appointed them and they must exist.
    Next I will post on the figure of speech "Metonomy"
    lots of words, little meaning.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:57
    are you saying that a 5 year old little girl should be held responsible for her own actions???? if she doesnt head the word of god she should be murdered??? what about a 3 yrd old or a 2 or 1 or 6mnt or 1mnt or 1day year old baby girl, should they be held responsible because they didnt listen to god?
    Read what i have written, are parents not responsible for the safety of their children, no, then you are saying that a child is responsible for its own safety, no, then who bears the responsibility for ignoring repeated warnings? thats is correct, the parents.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:59
    lots of words, little meaning.
    lots of hot air, little willingness to put the constituent parts together so as to form a complete picture of Gods personality, why dont we ever hear you mention anything like God reacting to repentance?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 23:05
    Read what i have written, are parents not responsible for the safety of their children, no, then you are saying that a child is responsible for its own safety, no, then who bears the responsibility for ignoring repeated warnings? thats is correct, the parents.
    so you are saying any child that has an immoral parent deserves to be murdered???? are you insane???
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 23:07
    lots of hot air, little willingness to put the constituent parts together so as to form a complete picture of Gods personality, why dont we ever hear you mention anything like God reacting to repentance?
    its the same as me not talking about the good side of hitler...........the bad side is the most important part. a being is only as good as its worst part.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 23:101 edit
    so you are saying any child that has an immoral parent deserves to be murdered???? are you insane???
    build your house on the San Andreas fault and then ignore repeated warnings to leave because a large earthquake will hit and then blame the earthquake for the death of your family when the house falls down. Are you capable of rational thought?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree