1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 08:201 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    quarantine. not napalm bombings. and no, it doesn't relate to this because the madianites were not a disease. they were simply a different culture with different customs, that the israelites deemed "evil" so as to not feel sorry about killing them all. kinda like how the americans used the excuse "the natives are a dying people, let's kill'em all and take me to go through the troubles of assimilating a conquered people? that is for the romans.
    You apparently missed the fact that they caused a plague to come among the Israelites earlier. Read your Holy Bible.

The Instructor
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 08:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You apparently missed the fact that they caused a plague to come among the Israelites earlier. Read your Holy Bible.

The Instructor
    yeh, i think i will go back to ignoring you now.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 09:135 edits
    what fukin good? all the people already in the promised land were slaughtered indiscriminately at one point of another. "good" for just a group of people is the definition of evil. no evil being apart from the insane would do evil just for the lulz. he is looking to do "good" for someone or some group.
    Your assertion that all the people were slaughtered indiscriminately is a nonsense, nothing more than a statement of prejudice and ignorance, in fact, if you look at the inspired account, there were tribes that the Israelites were commanded to leave alone, the Midianites for example. Tribes were given adequate warning and in at least one instance, in the case of the Gibeonites, they were assimilated into Israel itself. The case of Rahab, a prostitute who was not an Israelite and who later became an ancestress of the Christ is a case in point, you could either flee, or receive the Israelites in a peaceable way, the choice to wage war was your own responsibility and the sooner you accept the fact, the sooner you will be able to see the constituent parts so as to form a whole, if you ever get over your prejudices that is.

(Hebrews 11:30, 31) By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days. By faith Rahab the harlot did not perish with those who acted disobediently, because she received the spies in a peaceable way.

what good?

When the Law covenant was transmitted at Mount Sinai, special legislation was embodied governing, in a very loving spirit, the relationship of the alien resident to the natural Israelite. Being at a disadvantage because of not being a natural-born Israelite, the alien resident was given special consideration and protection under the Law covenant, which had many provisions for the weak and vulnerable. Regularly Jehovah called Israel’s attention to the fact that they themselves knew the afflictions that beset an alien resident in a land not his own and hence should extend to the alien residents among themselves the generous and protective spirit that they had not received. (Ex 22:21; 23:9; De 10:18) Basically, the alien resident, especially the proselyte, was to be treated as a brother.—Le 19:33, 34.

now please get the whole picture!
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 09:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Your assertion that all the people were slaughtered indiscriminately is a nonsense, nothing more than a statement of prejudice and ignorance, in fact, if you look at the inspired account, there were tribes that the Israelites were commanded to leave alone, the Midianites for example. Tribes were given adequate warning and in at least one instance, i ...[text shortened]... he proselyte, was to be treated as a brother.—Le 19:33, 34.

now please get the whole picture!
    there were tribes that the Israelites were commanded to leave alone

oh excuse me, i was wrong. there were only some tribes that were utterly slaughtered.

"Tribes were given adequate warning "
    gtfo or be killed. nice. kinda how your neighbor gives you ample warning to get out of your house or he will kill you and everyone you love. if you don't, it's your fault of course.

"The case of Rahab"
    yes, the case of rahab, a cowardly prostitute who betrayed her people. what the fuk is redeeming about her?

"you could either flee, or receive the Israelites in a peaceable way"
    yes, they should have surrendered their country and go into the desert to starve. everyone knows that when an invader demands your country, it is your fault if you die defending it.

When the Law covenant was transmitted at Mount Sinai, special legislation was embodied governing, in a very loving spirit,
    except for the countless times when it was anything but loving, such as describing how and when to beat your slave, how a woman defending her husband should have her arms cut off, how a little girl must prove herself a virgin or be stoned to death. and of course, how jericho, the madianites and others were mass murdered.
    loving law indeed. that is why jesus preserved most of it when he came.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 09:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 09:56

7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 09:57

8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 09:581 edit
    i am tired of arguing with psychopaths.

here is a more sane link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism_and_violence

i can't post excerpts from that link because redhotpawn is too sensitive at some of those words and fears some people here might get a sad face if they read it. click on the link.

the jews, the ones who invented the old testament are pretty much decided that the events are largely fictitious. it's only insane christians that take it literally.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 11:26
    girls as slaves (rape dolls,

That is totally of your own invention. You concocting those details out of your own assumptions.

Through Moses the Israelites had laws concerning marrying including he marrying of female pows. And those laws did not allow free-for-all forcible raping.

Have read the laws concerning lying with a woman ? There are specifics concerning hearing her scream in the city or in the field. There were specifics about allowing the captive women whom the soldier decided to keep as a wife. The time allowed her to mourn and the time in which she was not to be given to adjust to her new surroundings.

I don't say war in any age under any circumstances is good. But there were humane laws regulating what soldiers could and could not do.

You imagining "rape dolls" is just your wild insertion of your own assumptions into the text.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 11:442 edits
    the jews, the ones who invented the old testament are pretty much decided that the events are largely fictitious. it's only insane christians that take it literally.

That's your unproven conspiracy theory. Why should I take on your bigoted say so, that the Old Testament is not the frank and often brutally honest record of both Israel's triumphs and abject failures ?

That's a funny kind of self-aggrandizing propaganda which includes potentially embarrassing details like -

Father Abraham lying to sell his wife twice.
    Isaac lying to sell his wife.
    Moses marrying outside of the Hebrew ethnicity.
    Moses himself not being allowed to enter the promise land.
    Lost battles here and there.
    The theocratic nation not being allowed to enter Canaan for 40 years.
    A number of bad kings who led the nation into idolatry.
    Being cast out of the land and replaced by Gentiles who were taught the law.
    Being carried away to Babylon.
    Wanting to return to Egypt.
    David stealing one of his soldier's wife.
    David conspiring to have her husband murdered for it.
    The waywardness of the promising son of David - Solomon.
    Solomon leading the nation to idolatry causing its division.
    Only a minority wanting to return back from Babylon.

Too many frank details of national failures to pass for a book merely concocted to propagandize Israel.

Just Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Isaiah are enough to cause one to question whether God was more often for the nation or against them for discipline.

You say "Oh they just decided the events". They could have "decided" on a lot more flattering events then they did if that's the case.

I take it as the candid and often starkly frank word of God about the one and only genuine theocratic nation that has ever existed on this earth.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 11:562 edits
    woman defending her husband should have her arms cut off

Some scholars say that the language in this passage means a public shaving of the pubic area for the offending woman.

The inheritance of the land was so important that the destruction of the man's ability to reproduce was taken very seriously. The wife went too far so as to damage the other man's ability to have children.

This was considered as going too far. And it is disputed as to whether amputation is meant there or an embarrassing public shaving of her pubic area.

If it is a cutting off of a limb it would be the single harshest penalty of this type in the Old Testament. I am not sure that that is the meaning. Still undecided.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 12:161 edit
    such as describing how and when to beat your slave,

Exodus 21:20-21 ?

"If a man strikes his male servant or his female servant with a staff ..."

First of all this is not a command "GO STRIKE YOUR SERVANT". It says " IF ... IF ... a man strikes his ... servant"

It is a law about what to do if it should happen. It is not a directive to go and do the striking.

Cont. - "IF a man strikes his male servant or his female servant with a staff so that he or she dies as a result of the blow, he will surely be punished [naqam] ..."

That is a word reserved to mean capital punishment. In other words he is punished with a death penalty for committing murder.

The full personhood of the servant is elsewhere attested to in the Bible (Gen. 1:26-27; Job 31:13-15; Deut. 15:1-18)

The law of Exodus 21:20-21 basically is an instruction of capital punishment for the crime of murder with a caution to detect whether it was intentional or accidental.

Judicial vengeance is the purpose of the law. Servants would be struck in spite of the fact that God warned the Hebrews to be considerate of their servants and that they were also men made in the image of God.

In fact the oldest record in history of fair consideration of a servant exists in the book of Job the oldest book in the Bible at Job 31:13-15.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 13:541 edit

i can't post excerpts from that link because redhotpawn is too sensitive at some of those words and fears some people here might get a sad face if they read it. click on the link.

the jews, the ones who invented the old testament a ...[text shortened]... ed that the events are largely fictitious. it's only insane christians that take it literally.
    and i am tired of providing evidence for reprobates.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 22:40

the jews, the ones who invented the old testament a ...[text shortened]... ed that the events are largely fictitious. it's only insane christians that take it literally.
    I try to avoid reading Satan's propaganda.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree